XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Hints For Superhuman Level?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh My God! I have just done my first fully incendiary Cult of Sirius raid. That is so funny! :LOL:

I am equpuied with one Heavy Launcher, one Mini launcher and the rest auto cannon. All incendiary.

I was quietly waiting for them to come, when suddenly they all showed up to the side of me. My men let loose with all sorts and soon the whole place was in flames. Lots of people were on fire, including my men, but there werent many dead. After a while, and a lot of fire, i had killed that group and had lost two men. It seems even a direct hit will often not kill them, and if they are on fire they take ages to die.

What do you normally do with this? Do you open up before they arrive, set the place on fire and hope they walk into it? Its great fun, but it doesnt seem particularly effective.

Also, is it me or is the fire animation really bad/slow?

That fire animation must be the most crummy fire animation I have ever seen... but that doesn't detract from the fun of seeing them burn :naughty:

Once they're on fire I just keep throwing fire on them, or try switching to HE then.

That fire animation must be the most crummy fire animation I have ever seen... but that doesn't detract from the fun of seeing them burn :naughty:

Once they're on fire I just keep throwing fire on them, or try switching to HE then.

same here i keep throwing fire at them, burn the place and wtach them running arround on fire.

And my superhuman game.. i just couldnt continue. with sanctuary clinic at 100% alien infiltration and those clinic bastards are everywhere on my map, they started infecting everyone, i couldnt stop them in time soo i failed that one.

yesterday since i had no job, i played a new game and things are going well. i allways double check the orgs and watch who are getting infiltrated. had osiron at 35% .. brought them down to 8% and they are still going down. others are arround 4-10% and i cleaned them up... hopefullyi can still hold the damn infiltrations.

i dont get one thing, your games seems to be going welll, arent your orgs getting infiltrated easely???

im tryin to shoot the maximum of Ufos i can encounter but since the city is soo big, ufos apear everywere and i cant catch them all.

i have 2 bases now.. i will transer some hvr bikes there .

Well, I keep those UFO battles in very slow motion, and constantly switch between every UFO. Whenever I see one unloading some slimy scum in a building, first thing I do after they are downed or gone, is to investigate that building. Right now every org is at 0%, except Megapol (4%, came from 12) and Sirus at 100%, so that goes pretty well :D

Since we are talking about burning Sirius, I'll just add some thoughts. :flame: :psychosanta:

I use only one soldier (Herbert Herbizid) to set all things on fire with his IN AutoCannon. The other ones use Devastators and VortexMines! :crazy: So you won't have problems with killing enemies after they were set on fire.

First thing when I enter an enemy building, I set the roof, floor, curtains, desks, doors and everything else ON FIRE! :naughty: So they will "notice" you and come to get their fire burial. :flame: :blink: :devilburn:

Mark0: My friend, allow me to suggest you to place your ships next to the dimension doors (in buildings nearby) - you won't have to pay for parking ^_^ - after you got them refueled and ammo equipped. If the next UFO is arriving, you'll start directly under their donkey and give em heck. :naughty:

I do the same as j'ordos, every time an UFO puped some slimeballs into a building, after UFO battle I go and "visit" the building to clear things up. In my superhuman game, no Org is infiltrated and I desperately wait for the aliens to come and attack me, as my only distraction are my visits at Sirius and the sly :sly: mad :crazy: SanctuaryClinic docs. :happybanana:

Good luck with your new game Mark0, keep us up to date! :beer:

Edited by BurnThemALL

Since we are talking about burning Sirius, I'll just add some thoughts.

Surprise surprise.

First thing when I enter an enemy building, I set the roof, floor, curtains, desks, doors and everything else ON FIRE!

I suppose that is one way to redecorate.

My friend, allow me to suggest you to place your ships next to the dimension doors (in buildings nearby) - you won't have to pay for parking  ^_^ - after you got them refueled and ammo equipped. If the next UFO is arriving, you'll start directly under their donkey and give em heck.

Hmmmm, good idea. There are quite a few dimanesion gates though.

... my only distraction are my visits at Sirius and the sly  :sly: mad :crazy: SanctuaryClinic docs.

Does Sactuary Clinic provide you with anything of use, or is it genreal equipment to sell for cash?

Hmmmm, good idea. There are quite a few dimanesion gates though.

1. there are only 3 dimension gates... but they change location everytime

2. OPEN A NEW TOPIC. These are NOT hints for superhuman level... any MODERATOR? :cussing:

Does Sactuary Clinic provide you with anything of use, or is it genreal equipment to sell for cash?

some faq's say that:

if u are allied with clinic, wounded will heal faster... but not sure, i am.

again... out of topic

Edited by Brute

1. there are only 3 dimension gates... but they change location everytime

Really? Hadnt noticed that. I just thought there were lots.

2. OPEN A NEW TOPIC. These are NOT hints for superhuman level... any MODERATOR?

Oh come on, its not that off topic. Its just a simple question.

if u open a new topic and ask there, you'll receive more and satisfying answers...

:huh?: :idea:

To be honest, I have the feeling that with all the "off topic" and "start a own thread" talking many people will get discouraged to post... I got this the third time now and get a bit annoyed by it. :sly:

The question was here, so here the answer should get posted. If I'm wrong with that, maybe it's time to leave... Just wondering. :wacko:

I have to add, all my talking here isn't aimed at Brute, :beer: it's a general thought.

@ miceless: "I suppose that is one way to redecorate." :D :rolleyes: :beer:

Edited by BurnThemALL

many people will get discouraged to post...

if the one know what he is talking, he won't get discouraged

all the talking in this forum is written on this thread... using topics is easier if you like to find your solutions easier...

Do not provoke me to violence!

LOL J'ordos feels like challenged :D :devillaugh:

post-25-1059958443.gif

To be honest, I have the feeling that with all the "off topic" and "start a own thread" talking many people will get discouraged to post... I got this the third time now and get a bit annoyed by it.

I dunno about the discouraged to post bit, but i certainly agree that it gets a tad annoying. AFAIAC its quite clear when to start a new topic and when not to. Starting one for a little question like that is a tad OTT.

The question was here, so here the answer should get posted. If I'm wrong with that, maybe it's time to leave... Just wondering.

Indeed... -_-

I have to add, all my talking here isn't aimed at Brute, it's a general thought.

Of course, nothing personal Brute, its a general forum thing.

Do not provoke me to violence!

Like you need any provokation? ^_^

I'll have a looksie, and see waht can be done about it

Oh dear, here he goes :rolleyes:

many people will get discouraged to post...

if the one know what he is talking, he won't get discouraged

I think some people will feel that they wouldnt post something as a new topic, but they would consider posting it in an existing one.

all the talking in this forum is written on this thread... using topics is easier if you like to find your solutions easier...

Searches work inside topics just as well as they work on them.

LOL J'ordos feels like challenged

And may god help us all. :master:

QUOTE=Brute on Aug 4 2003, 04:00 AM]all the talking in this forum is written on this thread... using topics is easier if you like to find your solutions easier...

Searches work inside topics just as well as they work on them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL J'ordos feels like challenged

And may god help us all. :master:

Why or what shall i search inide a topic? i am not searching an answer... i am searching questions...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- :chickenrun: :chickenrun: :chickenrun:

What i meant was that someone searching for "No sound in XP" would find those words whether they were the title of a topic or just a post in another topic.

:stupid:

mice is right :D

what about strategy section? :huh?: