XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Selling crap - you guys, not me

Jonaleth Irenicus

I remember selling Zrbite once... It was during a game when I went berserk attacking colonies and lots of landed subs all over the globe.

Since my interceptor strategy is nuumerous barracudas with limited mantas, I usually end up using minimal zrbite (the only clips I produce are thermal shock bombs) and huge amounts of it really start taking up space after some time.

Craft gauss makes some money I know, but did anybody ever run numbers on the cost of a full engineer base and if the craft gauss can actually give you enough profit to make them worthwhile?

• 1 month later...
I remember selling Zrbite once... It was during a game when I went berserk attacking colonies and lots of landed subs all over the globe.

Since my interceptor strategy is nuumerous barracudas with limited mantas, I usually end up using minimal zrbite (the only clips I produce are thermal shock bombs) and huge amounts of it really start taking up space after some time.

Craft gauss makes some money I know, but did anybody ever run numbers on the cost of a full engineer base and if the craft gauss can actually give you enough profit to make them worthwhile?

Last week I had 443 Zrbite in stock, I had to sell 143 units, what was I supposed to do with it? I already made 16 Ion Armour and 4 Sonic Sub weapons, so, sometimes you have to sell it if you have too much

That's not a lot of Zrbite once you start using the hybrid subs. Well, that's not to say you have to use a lot of hybrid subs nor do you need tons of zrbite, but zrbite is still a valuable enough commodity that you should take a moment to reconsider before selling it.

It's still better to sell aqua plastics, which can often number in the thousands if you've been very busy, and it often goes to waste. There are also plenty more objects that can build up that you don't really use all that much. Like those sonic cannons. Oy, these things pile up fast!

- NKF

That's not a lot of Zrbite once you start using the hybrid subs. Well, that's not to say you have to use a lot of hybrid subs nor do you need tons of zrbite, but zrbite is still a valuable enough commodity that you should take a moment to reconsider before selling it.

It's still better to sell aqua plastics, which can often number in the thousands if you've been very busy, and it often goes to waste. There are also plenty more objects that can build up that you don't really use all that much. Like those sonic cannons. Oy, these things pile up fast!

- NKF

Maybe I get too much Zrbite because I usually wait for the USOs to land and then I launch assaults instead of attacking them with sub weapons and even when I have to attack those that don't seem to land voluntarily, I reload until I get missions with USOs having unexploded Ion Beam Accelerators. I know Zrbite is valuable, but I sell most of it early in the game to construct new bases and improve the first one fast

I used to make MUCH MONEY from aqua plastics... Set manufacture to 1000, and waited... Then, I had ~400 produced, which I sold. This earned me around 300K per "shot" ;). Good trick for making money easily, without having to sell stuff (and Zrbite... myyyyyy PRECIOUSSSSSSSSSSSs...) :devillaugh:

I used to make MUCH MONEY from aqua plastics... Set manufacture to 1000, and waited... Then, I had ~400 produced, which I sold. This earned me around 300K per "shot" ;). Good trick for making money easily, without having to sell stuff (and Zrbite... myyyyyy PRECIOUSSSSSSSSSSSs...)  :devillaugh:

If you decrease the manufacturing price from the selling price and then divide it to technician hours per unit you'll get a lower number for aqua plastic than Gauss Cannon (for subs). In other words, you get more money manufacturing Gauss Cannons for subs and selling them that aqua plastic for the same amount of days

Well, it's much more satifying to see dozens of those "production of aqua plastics complete at _____" screens than 3 of those for gauss cannons. Makes you feel like you accomplished something.

Well, it's much more satifying to see dozens of those "production of aqua plastics complete at _____" screens than 3 of those for gauss cannons.  Makes you feel like you accomplished something.

Well, maybe, why not. I thought MONEY was the reason people put those technicians to make all that stuff. Now I have 50 millions, I don't even bother. But, of course, it's possible to be satisfied by selling 100 units of something instead of 1 of something else. :hmmm: I focus on other things, though, in my play

So you think my energy would be better spent saving the human race from complete and utter destruction than having fun producing things I don't need and selling them when I don't need money?

So you think my energy would be better spent saving the human race from complete and utter destruction than having fun producing things I don't need and selling them when I don't need money?

I'm sorry, for a moment I thought the talk was about what's more EFFICIENT to produce, but later I realized it was about FUN. I'm not telling anybody how they can have fun, they know this already, without any of my help. :rolleyes: Of course, saving the human race would help in the process, but this is secondary. I usually don't have much time to play, at least not as much as long before, that's why I try to be as efficient as possible. I actually go to T'Leth as early as possible, I think last time was in early june. Of course, no cheating involved :)