XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Would This Be Possible?

Trevelyan

Into the original x-com? Not a chance, it's closed source and there are no mod oportunities programmed for it.

Well, there are the six unused slots in the UFO object data table. TFTD uses them for the drills and gauss clips.

One of these slots look like it contains an alternate version of the pistol (smaller - 1x1, slower, uses standard pistol clips) and three slots contain what look like almost identical copies of a gatling laser (6 points weaker than laser pistol - but with such massive autoshot capabilities that you wouldn't care about the damage). The battlescape image shows the autocannon, but the inventory image shows a laser rifle. Very heavy too (or very light, depending on the object slot). This laser needs to have one flag tweaked so it can become usuable as a gun.

Technically these are really just rubbish data left behind that were never cleared. In any case, they are six more object slots you can use.

In order to get access to them, there needs to be some way for us to edit the list of items that can be purchased or built. One other option is to have a third party utility add one of these objects into the battlescape after the battle has started - though what you do with the object later is beyond me.

So, yeah, even with the extra slots, there's no reasonable way to use them.

Alternately, you could try turning alien corpses, scanners and mind probes into guns. ;)

Or, the things you can do to a stun-rod:

http://www.geocities.com/nkfarma/temporary/zaprod.html

This goes way beyond what it was built for. ;)

- NKF

Edited by NKF

Or, the things you can do to a stun-rod:

That's hilarious! :LOL: Especially the thing that it works as a grenade!

IS there an Xcom 1 mod for Xcom 2?

X-com 2 IS X-com 1 with different theme and with this incredible add up -> You can open doors without walking through them! :o That's all. So you would basically play x-com1 with worse graphics if you'd have a mod for x-com2 :)

Well IMO it looks like it is, don't know if it actually is but it sure looks a lot worse.

• 3 weeks later...
You can also replace weapons and items with new ones (Ex: Rifle-M16) I remember some mods that did that, I've got no clue how to do it myself however.

You would have to have

a.a picture for the UFOpaedia

b. a full animation and 3d voxel

c. sound effects

d. lighting effects and clip effects

e. a full animation and 3d voxel of the clip

f. a picture of the clip for the UFOpaedia

g. rewrite the animation adn voxel files, as well as the story line, research line, manufacturing line, and the ship line for it.

h. there is even more, but i think i have said enouph

This is me:

:cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: (i'm not really cussing, just ranting and raving, but those are real problems. Trust me on that. I'm not saying anything against you corperal, just supporting your idea