XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Alien Prox Grenades/hi-explosives

Earthlings have grenades, proximitity grenades, high explosives, even smoke grenades (they suck :eek:) - and aliens have only Alien Grenade. Make their own prox. grenades (ie. Pulse Mine) or hi-explosives (eg. Magna-Pulse Pack). Maybe also Sleep Gas Grenades - better than the Smoke ones...

Hey -

I like the idea, but I'd gladly give a barrel of proximatey grenades for a single alien one. For me, they have always worked a heck of a lot better. But, like I said, Ido like the idea of more alien options.

Write up some more ideas, with more details, and post em in the Tech forum. Maybe we can get some solid ideas down on paper and see where they lead...

Gold

Smoke grenades are the best. The amount of times they've saved a squad of soldiers from multiple cyberdisc attacks as they exit a craft I couldn't count.

Aliens get blaster bombs, which are way more dangerous. Especially with an increased AI in xenocide they're going to be killers and you'll be really scared to enter alien bases and warships.

I would like som good ol' Flashbangs, something that would stun the enemies temporarily (1 turn?)

Great for UFO cleanups.

Drop a flashbang in the door.

*Boom*

Rush your people in and take them out.

Of course the aliens could have something similar: "Mind bomb" - Which is a kind of PSI bomb, giving everyone in its effective radius a form of psionic attack.

The practical result would be to drain the effected for TUs for one turn or more.

Flashbangs would effect everyone.

Ailen-produced equivalent could only effect humans.

X-Com researched version could be made to only effect aliens.

Higher-level aliens and soldiers would be able to resist these effects, perhaps some special armor/training for the soldiers?

Edit: OOps... I noticed someone else had mentioned flashbangs already...

Edited by CyberMantiX