XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Martial Arts.

And the Vibroblade I proposed uses electric fields in a way to damage the target. Vast quantities of nano-meter sized conductors alternately pull molecules toward the blade and then push them away as they are penetrated. The laser heats the particles on the cut surface, breaking lattice energy and allowing the diodes to work more efficiently.

Theorhetically you could add a 'hot rod' of some kind of radioactive material that would heat quickly under the laser and be inserted into the body, quickly radiating it. HOwever this sounds cumbersome compared to simply injecting them with plasma(clips that go into the end of the blade) or something else superhot.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about while the laser isn't on power for the laser goes to a capacitor(sp?) which discharges when the blade touches something. When you get near something you turn on the laser, and then on the first strike there will be additional electric shock damage.

Well, capacitors can store silly, tiny amounts of Electric Charge, some milli-Coulombs most of the time. And, in order to shock/harm somebody, you need... "some" quantity at least, if you get my point ;)

Strange idea: Tiny internal xenium reactor! Remember the chainsaw from Serious Sam 2, which can produce energy for 20.000 years of continuous operation?! :banana:. This one + post #101 could do the trick... :)

[quote name='kafros' date='Feb 27 2005, 12:58 PM']Hmmm, some futuristic extra-high-tech-cool capacitors... I like it! ^_^

p.s. Hey Az, I remember than 1-2 weeks ago, you had 1K posts....
[right][post="112446"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Wait 'till I hit 2K :naughty:

Some form of melee weapon would be nice. Perhaps even enhanced with alien technology later on. However, it should only ever be a slightly interesting side item. The main weapons should stay focused on the more technological ranged side of things. Edited by AlienInBlack

Stun bolt guns? It would be like the human version of the Small Launcher. ANd on the issue of the small launcher.....
why couldn't humans build that? All it was is a munitions launcher. Why did the ammo require elerium(poisonious) besides the fact all other alien ammo required elerium?