XCOMUFO & Xenocide

X-Com 86 Or X-Com Flash

SupSuper

Which one should I finish first?  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

well, as usual, i get more projects on my hands than i can work on. so i've decided that i can't work on X-Com 86 and X-Com Flash at the same time, i will have to do one before another one. So, the question is, which one should i work on (and finish) first? the portable and usable at school X-Com 86 (as long as you have a TI-86, but i might convert it to other TIs) or the better-looking windows flash version (which may be playable multiplayer/online in a million years) X-Com Flash?

It is your choice... i'll check the results in one week

Flash version! If you mean that you're making the battlescape to it too? Might be hard to get a "save" option to it? Edited by Nyyperoid

i'll figure stuff out as i work on it :P

currently i'm trying to figre out how to make a rotatable/zoomable globe in 2d ;)

btw i upgraded to flash mx 2004 and 3ds max 6 ^_^

Edited by SupSuper

• 3 weeks later...

FLASH!

i've started my own one because i couldn't get yours to work, apparently the .zip was empty even though it was too big in size to be empty.

i was starting with the globe first. i was going to try using a flat map with a spherical mask in front of it. it would requiire one of those atlas maps that is curved at the edges, i think it would work.

this is the second edition of my flash game, last one got infected with some wierd really rare virus, frnvir or something like that. had to delete loads of my hard disk, but most of it was okay.

i guess i can give this thread some use by turning it in the thread where i report my progress on x-com flash.

i've started my own one because i couldn't get yours to work, apparently the .zip was empty even though it was too big in size to be empty.

i was starting with the globe first. i was going to try using a flat map with a spherical mask in front of it. it would requiire one of those atlas maps that is curved at the edges, i think it would work.

this is the second edition of my flash game, last one got infected with some wierd really rare virus, frnvir or something like that. had to delete loads of my hard disk, but most of it was okay.

what, now i got competition? j/k :P

anyways, here's a screenie. latest geoscape (timer and rotatable/zoomable globe currently being worked on, as soon as they're fully-working i'll update the flash game). note the non-resized (redrawed) graphics ^_^

xcomflash1.PNG

Edited by SupSuper

• 3 years later...