XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Xp Gold Edition

Guest popans

Hi,

I’ve installed the XP-Version of good old UFO. The game starts probably, using either one of the exe-Files.

But if I start a new game it's impossible to enter a base name. There is only a (very) fast flushing cursor, but no reaction the any keyboard input. (Neither letters nor Enter/ESC..).

Same problem if I load a saved game.

Interesting:

The game WORKS PROBABLY if I start Windows in "save mode". Of course the sound doesn’t work then.

I tried the game on another PC. There no problem occurs.

How can I use the game on my PC?

(WIN XP HOME)

Thanks for any help

I'll bet that this problem happens with all text entry, and not just with the base name entry.

What sort of keyboard are you using? I have this very same problem as well on my slightly older PC, but UFO CE works fine on my XP machine.

edit: Just to clarify, I'm wondering if your keyboard is either serial, ps/2 or USB. I don't think this should be the cause of the problem, but it doesn't hurt to cover all the bases.

- NKF

Edited by NKF

Yes, it's all text entry. I can't enter anything. I'm using a Laptop. (Like the guy in the other thread)

I can try to plug in a normal Keyboard. Maybe this works...

But why does it work in safe mode?

I will now try differnt Keyboard drivers.

Done it! :D

It's a problem with: IXPLORE.EXE

If I close the process the game runs probably.

Maybe anybody knows the reason?

Do you really have IXPLORE.EXE or is it IEXPLORE.EXE?

if you have IXPLORE.EXE This is an undesirable program.

This file has been identified as a program that is undesirable to have running on your computer. This consists of programs that are misleading, harmful, or undesirable.

It is a piece of malware, you should immediately run an antivirus and antispyware program.

Edited by SaintD

• 1 year later...