• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Shinzon

Shinzon

Artwork Department

• Xenocide Artwork Department
  • 265 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 04:37 PM

Done with the pistol clip; I tried using a normal map on this one. Most of the time I spent with this thing; was playing around with the normal map... (First time really trying to implement it)

What kind of maps will the engine support eventualy?

This has 3 maps (Pretty standard)

512 x 512:

Diffuse
Specular
Normal

I also have a "High Poly" and this version... The high poly is not texture mapped...

Render:
Posted Image

Ninja edit: Uploading the archive 4.13 megs; contains low and high poly max scenes; PNG and PSD source images at 512 x 512 a peice...

Do plasma clips have a conventional reload? Or something more... exotic? Going to re read the CTD's and look at the models...

Ninja edit2: Forgot to include a final render side view PNG; so the clip can be easily placed wherever you want it...

Attached Files

Edited by Shinzon, 01 April 2008 - 07:44 PM.

#2 Mad

Mad

Creative Text Department

• [Xenocide Senior Members]
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 01:09 AM

Very nice! Great work! :)
Keep smiling while dying

Of course I have gone mad with power! It would be completely ridiculous to go mad without power!
And no, this is not a quote from the Simpson's movie, I want it on paper, that I actually wrote that quite some time before the movie came out.

Posted Image

#3 Vaaish

Vaaish

Artwork Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 08:15 AM

Looks good to me.

#4 dteviot

dteviot

Programming Department

• [Xenocide Senior Members]
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 12:36 PM

What kind of maps will the engine support eventually?

This has 3 maps (Pretty standard)

512 x 512:

Diffuse
Specular
Normal

Well, it goes without saying that diffuse maps must be supported.
As regards specular and normal maps, things are more complicated.
Obviously we would like to have the models looking as nice as possible, so want to have specular and normal maps. The difficulty is that these require lighting to work, and I haven't figured out how I'm going to do lighting for the night scenes. Having lots of dynamic light sources and occlusions makes things hard.
Saving the world from the scum of the universe is hard work. Especially when you have to create the scum to begin with.