XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Live Alien In Mission Start Equip Screen!?

Puasonen

I went to a mission and it started like every mission, with equipping soldiers. It's just that I had sectoid engineer in my skyranger and I sure as heck didn't put it there (because it isn't even possible) What the heck?! :D

Holy Crap. I just logged on to say that too. It happened twice for me. a snakeman engineer. and a snakeman soldier.

>My theory is that the alien was knocked out in the shooting down of the ship, and one of the wheels was on it so it had to move.

LOL, nice, so I'm not alone ^_^ I don't have any theory on how this happened. Guess it could have something to do with the thing you mention but those knocked out aliens never appear in anywhere outside the ufo.

You think that's weird? Try look for alien bodies with partially spent ammo clips in them. They're not just plasma clips, sometimes they're your clips as well! Why would a sectoid swallow a large rocket anyway? Heh.

Lots of data corruption, or just plain bad handling of the game data is to blame for these oddeties.

Fun though. :)

- NKF

• 3 weeks later...
Cool. i can just see myself, starting a mission with an etherial commander, navigator, and squad leader in my ship....ahhhhh

Some of those loney soldiers bringing along their purchases from RealDoll.com :blink:

:puke: Pretty twisted soldier it must be then!

Would those live dolls count as an extra unit? I'd like to throw one out of the skyranger, and see what shoots it.  :D

LOL! That would be so damn usefull :D

• 1 month later...

This is in no way connected, but I figured this place was the best place to put it. Okay, I down a scout UFO early in a new game, right? Mopping up the little Sectoids proves quite easy, but then I run into a little guy who just so happens to be unarmed (?) but I don't have enough TUs to cap him before the end of the turn (wasting his little friends could have been the cause of that). So, he takes his turn, walks over to the corpse of one of his buddies, apparently picks up the body, then walks away, leaving a plasma pistol behind where the body was. (?!) Uh, okay. Usually, for the sake of furthering science, I would have just stun jacked his little gray arse, but I was unfortunate enough to have forgotten bringing the stun rod along to exploit this (glaring) opportunity, so I just deftly peg him with a pistol shot. Ending the turn would end the mission, so before I did that, I made it a point to see what the little guy had done. Bringing another Agent to the KIA gray, I searched the ground, only to find that the little Sectoid had indeed stuffed the carcass of his dead buddy into his inventory, then had tried to make a getaway before I took him out. Two "Sectoid Corpses" were on the "ground." I used the mouse to look over the one on the right, which, expectedly, read "sectoid corpse," but the other one, get this, read Yoko Fujimoto, the name of one of my better gunners in the same squad! (?!?) Out of curiosity, I decided to place the little wanna-be clone into my backpack. Bad mistake. The game dutifully crashed to desktop, forcing me to restart the entire battle (in which case I didn't encounter the little unarmed dude again).

All I can come up with is that, somehow, an unarmed alien had somehow worked the logic to make his way to a dead friend's body to obtain a firearm, picked up the wrong thing, then something screws up (if such an AI code exists, to pick up weapons that is)--maybe something along the lines of "Cannot...shoot...this...item...at...this...person!". *shrug*

No matter how you look at it, it's still creepy...

LOL maniac! Great story, that is if you like creepy stories and I do. :D

Yeah, but there's such a thing as a story that's too creepy. A little gray man that carries away the corpse of another little gray dude you just wasted, that just so happens to have the same name as your top soldier, happens to be one of those. *shudder*

I went to a mission and it started like every mission, with equipping soldiers. It's just that I had sectoid engineer in my skyranger and I sure as heck didn't put it there (because it isn't even possible) What the heck?!  :D

Oh, it happened to me too, I guess it's simply that teh Alien satring positionwas, for a reason or another, under your weapon pile when it landed... that way, it's unconscious, and at the same coordinates as your starting stuff ^_^

almost as funny as the sectoid leader that shoots you point blank with a stun bomb... Free live alien!! :devillaugh: