10 replies to this topic

#1 Kyo

Kyo

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 04:40 PM

just want to know wats ur ppl strategies...
for me ufo isnt a problem at all.
mother ship is easiest for me wahahah!!!!!!!!!
i just line my ppl in lines around the entrance or in front of entrance with alien weapon on auto mode! anybody come out of ufo got blast like this: :explode:
soooooooo easy!i never got shot!(real mode)

#2 Mark0

Mark0

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 05:07 PM

just want to know wats ur ppl strategies...
for me ufo isnt a problem at all.
mother ship is easiest for me wahahah!!!!!!!!!
i just line my ppl in lines around the entrance or in front of entrance with alien weapon on auto mode! anybody come out of ufo got blast like this: :explode:
soooooooo easy!i never got shot!(real mode)

eheheh i allways do that, but sometimes im impatient, so i go in and masacre everyone on sight
maximum casualties wounded vets or dead rooks:P

but seriously when i go in, i dont use strats ...thats why i allways get wounds or casualties.i could use some.. but laziness takes me. i just go in to shoot -_-

#3 Kyo

Kyo

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 07:36 PM

LOL!!!
im goin try to use stun grapple.2 soldiers each have 2 stun gapple stand outside the door, and who come out hehehe :zzzzz:

#4 Mark0

Mark0

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 07:50 PM

LOL!!!
im goin try to use stun grapple.2 soldiers each have 2 stun gapple stand outside the door, and who come out hehehe  :zzzzz:

poor alien, swweeeaaaaatt dreaaaaaaaaaaammss :P

eheh i never used sleepin device or any psy on aliens. i just go shoot and kill, but i should use some cause they are usefull for research. :unsure:

btw lately i dont use strat cause im usign a small launcher and i use some kind of pink potion made against the alien.. i dont know the name right now ill post it later. this kind of potion kills the alien in seconds.

if you know it gimem the name :P or if any of you out there knows it ,gimem name too

#5 Extralucas

Extralucas

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 03:27 AM

LOL!!!
im goin try to use stun grapple.2 soldiers each have 2 stun gapple stand outside the door, and who come out hehehe  :zzzzz:

poor alien, swweeeaaaaatt dreaaaaaaaaaaammss :P

eheh i never used sleepin device or any psy on aliens. i just go shoot and kill, but i should use some cause they are usefull for research. :unsure:

btw lately i dont use strat cause im usign a small launcher and i use some kind of pink potion made against the alien.. i dont know the name right now ill post it later. this kind of potion kills the alien in seconds.

if you know it gimem the name :P or if any of you out there knows it ,gimem name too

Its alien gas. You need to capture live alien queen and have Toxin C researched to have it available to research, I guess.
I'm not back. I'm just dropping by.

#6 BurnThemALL

BurnThemALL

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 02:48 PM

Its alien gas. You need to capture live alien queen and have Toxin C researched to have it available to research, I guess.

Yes Extralucas is right... But alien gas is pretty lame, I would like Alien-Napalm much better! :naughty: :flame: :psychosanta:

Considering the tactics with UFO's I recommend to open the door with one soldier and light up the UFO inside with incendiary Auto Cannon rounds! That way they will get less reluctant of coming out of their UFO and secondly you will hear them when they come... "ouch, hot, yuck..." :devilburn:
if there's a doubt, WIPE IT OUT...

#7 Brute

Brute

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 09 May 2003 - 02:50 AM

i use toxiguns , snipe them from distance, and stay away from all explosions. So i find more loot at the end of mission...
There is no emotion; there is peace...
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge...
There is no passion; there is serenity...
There is no death; there is the Force...

#8 j'ordos

j'ordos

Alien Concept Task Force

• Xenocide Artwork Department
  • 5,059 posts

Posted 12 June 2003 - 07:56 AM

Only hate those damn poppers coming out of the door when I'm still organizing my squad, for some reason my troops always seem to miss :whatwhat: and BOOOM!! there goes half my squad :cussing:
And I'm too lazy to move them one by one so they won't move in packs -_-
"You can't trust your eyes if your imagination's out of focus" - Mark Twain
"The mind is like an umbrella, it functions best when open" - Walter Gropius
Posted Image
SNEKK BLOG U-LAR MEKHH! GAHGHH! RK!
GRRGH RGGHH SNORRTT GHACKHGG

Now presented in DoubleVision™ (where drunk)

#9 Extralucas

Extralucas

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 15 September 2003 - 10:11 AM

I move 'em in pack to front of the doors, then one by one place 'em around. When that's done I just breach the doors with Devastator Cannon. They can't throw any grenades, and exit the ufo, misses while shooting usually hit someone else, and only thing that lefts is to find those few guys who're not lying on the body pile.
I'm not back. I'm just dropping by.

#10 Jonaleth Irenicus

Jonaleth Irenicus

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 02:14 PM

Line outside the door. Blast the twin doors with devastators. Set everybody at autoshot. Start blasting away the UFO's interior (you won't get bored, and the aliens will get MAD). They come out, everybody floods the place with fire, if necessary, stun grenade is thrown, then you wait for the next wave (they always come out).

If you see megaspawn, panic a little, throw stun grenade and keep firing. Hope it doesn't launch dimension missle.
Passenger ship terror site, first turn, I open the door of my Triton, there is a Tasoth up on the next floor (his back is facing the screen so I don't know what weapon he has).

One of my guys fire at him, hit, he reaction fires with Thermal Shock Launcher. The whole crew stunned. Mission over.

#11 NKF

NKF

Commander

• [Global Moderators]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,798 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 11:20 PM

I've noticed myself using two distinct patterns when dealing with UFOs.

The laziest is to just wait outside and kill anything that comes out. Then go in and mop up the survivors.

The other, and I find this to be the most effective (although craziest - hence why I do it with a good part of my squad consisting of androids), is to charge into the UFO and secure the lift as quickly as you can the moment the mission starts (so the poppers and brainsuckers don't have much of a chance to move around). The corridor inside the Type-3 for example is a great place to hold a standoff. Or, if the base of the lift has a lot of space, surround it from all directions and shoot anything that drops through the grav-lift. It's harder for one of the capital ships, what with its entrance buried inside the sewer-works tunnels.

- NKF

Edited by NKF, 03 March 2004 - 11:21 PM.

Lord High Generalissimo Ruler Supreme of Norm's Anti Pedant Society (NAPS).

Number of members: 1