X-com: Enemy Unknown, On Ps1 (europe)

8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Tartemeule_*

Guest_Tartemeule_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2004 - 03:27 AM

Hello everybody; hello.
Find this forum with a google job.

I am curently playing with the video-game "X-COM enemy unknown" on a PS1. I think this game is the European version of "UFO: enemy unknown".
I read all the forum. Good matter for me: the game don't crash any way (Ah? Yes; only once: bang), it is running at right speed, I have no problem with colours or sound, all seems OK. Only load a game from memory cards is very VERY slow! However it''s a good game!

Problem with the game (Don't found along this forum):
I take prisoners; after building "Alien Containment", of course (More than one). Alien still alive after a human winning battle go to "AC" ; correct. I find the list of prisoners only in the "BASE/TRANSFER" menu, and a shortest list in the "BASE/RESEARCH/New Project" menu; nowhere else. I can't sell them, I can't sack them, of course I can't free them.
So the number of prisoners increase along the game. At 50 prisoners for the game (No for "AC"), the new prisoners disappears!
I found them on the result board after a winning battle, but the list of my prisoners stretches out no more. Stopped at 50... Building other(s) "AC" is useless.
Is this problem (light bug) is known? How may I make to decrease the number of prisoners? (Like "sack" a bad soldier)
Thanks for your help.

#2 j'ordos

j'ordos

Alien Concept Task Force

• Xenocide Artwork Department
  • 5,059 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 06:38 AM

Don't know if it's the same in the PS1 version of xcom, but normally the alien should disappear once you researched them. I also believe in the PC version the limit applied to the type of alien (e.g. 50 sectoid soldiers counts as one), not the numbers. This may well be changed in the PS1 version tho...

(almost) all problems listed in this forum are for the PC versino of xcom, not the PS1 one.
"You can't trust your eyes if your imagination's out of focus" - Mark Twain
"The mind is like an umbrella, it functions best when open" - Walter Gropius
Posted Image
SNEKK BLOG U-LAR MEKHH! GAHGHH! RK!
GRRGH RGGHH SNORRTT GHACKHGG

Now presented in DoubleVision™ (where drunk)

#3 Puasonen

Puasonen

Creative Text Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 2,911 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 08:48 AM

The only way to get rid off living aliens is by researching them. I know it sucks but that's the way it is.
There's no need for a sig..

#4 Micah

Micah

Colonel

• [[Administrators]]
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 10:04 AM

Yep, you better buy a bunch of scientists, and stop taking prisoners on missions.

#5 Robo Dojo 58

Robo Dojo 58

Colonel

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 10:16 AM

Just wondering, but will it be possible to kill aliens in alien containment in V1 of Xenocide?
Posted Image Haha! I'm now the Supreme Commander of X-COM. Time to kiss Earth goodbye.

My first order of business: Homeless people make cheap rookies, and are great at opening UFO doors. Heck, they're so cheap, I'm going to replace all personel with them!
Secondly: This organisation takes too much money to run. Weapon shipments will come from Siberia from now on. Costly maintenance is to be cut on all facilities. That includes venting.
Thirdly: We have a new colonel. His name is Facehugger, he loves aliens, and I want you all to treat him with respect.
Lastly: I'll be in my condo on an undisclosed island, if you need me. Good day.

FMIX-The General Stores

#6 Puasonen

Puasonen

Creative Text Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 2,911 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 06:43 PM

Of course.. The question is, will it be possible to sell them as pets or something :)
There's no need for a sig..

#7 Cpl. Facehugger

Cpl. Facehugger

Creative Text Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 3,749 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 06:48 PM

I remember someone said that Michael Jackson was looking for a reaper for purposes that are his business...
I'm only partially inactive. :P I can still be reached at cpl.facehugger@gmail.com, and via PM. Preferably the former.

*Coming back? Avast! Facehugger, finish your assignments!*

Posted Image

#8 kelfka

kelfka

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 06:56 PM

-Ho! mommy mommy I whant this one!!!

-He's 7 feets tall 325 pounds honey! How about this litle dogy?

-Nope!! I want the reapeeeerrrrr!!!!! :crying:

-OK, but we dont bring the bones in his cage.

#9 Paladin

Paladin

Colonel

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 07:16 AM

-Ho! mommy mommy I whant this one!!!

-He's 7 feets tall 325 pounds honey! How about this litle dogy?

-Nope!! I want the reapeeeerrrrr!!!!! :crying:

-OK, but we dont bring the bones in his cage.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just don't sell chrysalids... please?? :whatwhat: :hammer: :explode:
I mean, THAT would ba a weapon of mass destruction... :devillaugh:
"You're just jealous because the voices in my head only talk to me."

"I only think this stuff up ..
then I have to write it down so it doesn't corrupt the rest of my brain.. "

"There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.
There is another which states that this has already happened.
-Douglas Adams (The Hitchhicker's Guide to the Galaxy)"

Reply to this topic