XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Windows 7 Issue

Guest daithi81

Guest daithi81

Hello, I am playing XCOM: UFO... on Windows 7 Enterprise and I am patching it with 'xcom_bugfix091.zip' found at http://www.xcomufo.com/x1dl.html

This patch fixed the blurred screen issue, but the colours come out all wrong. For example, the roads are multi-coloured in the terror stages, much like a disco dance floor! This is not so bad, however, the issue can become worse without warning, and the image is very grainy and thus difficult to play.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest daithi81
Hello, I am playing XCOM: UFO... on Windows 7 Enterprise and I am patching it with 'xcom_bugfix091.zip' found at http://www.xcomufo.com/x1dl.html

This patch fixed the blurred screen issue, but the colours come out all wrong. For example, the roads are multi-coloured in the terror stages, much like a disco dance floor! This is not so bad, however, the issue can become worse without warning, and the image is very grainy and thus difficult to play.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

No one has encountered such an issue?

I have personally not been able to get the Collector's Edition to work reliably on Windows 7. The few times it does work, it stutters, and the transitions between the geoscape and the air game take several seconds. Very annoying.

I'd suggest you try the DOS version, which runs very well in DOSbox. It's all I use these days, especially in combination with XcomUtil.

Guest daithi81
What happens when you run it? Don't forget to enable the settings you want in UFOExtender.ini.

Well, the game starts and the 'MICROPROSE' title appear, and then turns from purple to green. Then the intro starts, and the colours are clearly off. The next few screens work well, and then I am taken to the Geoscape. Everything looks ok except the menubar to the right, which is red and yellow, and can be difficult to read, as is most text in the game. Everything else works fine, but once in a while the graphics in the battle scene go haywire, and I can barely tell the difference between the buttons, and between characters. Once the battle is over, the graphics are normal again. Overall, the game is 95% perfect, but these little errors can ruin the game, at times.

I will look into the UFOExtender.ini, thanks.

Edited by daithi81