XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Funny Little Tactics

Mustang

What kind of tactics do you use that are useful and/or funny? I had a soldier surronded by 3 reapers in a terror site and couldn't escape so I just moved that soldier into a grocery store, funny how the reapers still try to get in :D Edited by Mustang

How about sneaking behind an alien and standing right behind him. Then watch him not turn around, but walk away without turning. All you can do is laugh! :LOL: Then shooting him in the back for his stupidity! Great fun!

Oh, Mustang, I'm glad that I could help with Sephiroth. :D

when i see an alien with a small launcher, i always put my soldiers near him but behind some object so that the alien stuns himself :P Edited by SupSuper

Nice tactic Stewart. There are many ways that you can kind of "cheat" the system, but it's nice to take Army tactics to the game, and see that they fit perfectly. I like gathering all my guys around the ufo door(s) and waiting for them. It's nice to know that aliens go crazy when they know that they're going to die.

But my favorite tactic, above all, is going into the ufo.... through the roof. I don't put anyone at the entrances, I just go in the top (SWAT style). Also (for a battleship), blowing through the sides and top with blaster bombs, and storming. I wonder if aliens can pee, because if they can, then they piss their... uh... cloak everytime I use this tactic. Fun eh? :D

well, no AI is perfect, and in every game you have the most fun exploiting its flaws :P

for example, in a Skirmish game on RA2 the enemy always puts his army in a small group close to your base and after grouping it and using a superweapon on it (if existant) he attacks. you can have much fun attacking the army before it fully forms (and strikes) ;)

another AI flaw in x-com is how aliens keep trying to hit your soldiers with grenades when they have Flying Suits on (and are flying).

• 2 weeks later...
Attacked a large ufo once and one of my soldiers were panicked and mc'ed, when i finished off all aliens inside the ufo all but one of my soldiers were inside the ufo, unarmed and paniced....then he got another panic strike and ran off...right in the aliens face who was also panicked....took me 10 turns for the armed crew to reach the alien while they just stared at him...did the humane thing and stunned him(only to have him experimented on :devillaugh: )