XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Lucky Lucky!

Steelion

Ok, just to get this straight, I am playing the second easiest difficulty. Regardless...

I got all the aliens (except micronids, psimorph, and megaspawn withing the first week and a half, live and dead. Popper? Stunned with a grapple at point blank as it left it's UFO. Got toxin well before the aliens ever saw a shield, and have YET to see entropy, and I'm about to go clean the alien dimension (5 annihilators). Also, during one Mothership raid, I had a soldier in the lift. I see a big explsion. Ow, critical wound. Second explosion. badly Injured. Third explsion. Dead. Three poppers exploding point blank. LOL. She had no shield, and megapol armor.

Luckiest streak I've ever had. How about you?

You guys are crazy! How do you hammer so hard in the first week?

I'm just starting to research toxin in week 5, and I'm fighting aliens with shields and cloaks! Haven't lost anyone, but it's a hammerfest!

I'm scared of that interim time when the aliens are going to be using entropy before I've got shields, It's an expensive time, I tell you - buying new armor and what not.

X3 is such an awesome game.

Edited by Aiki-Knight

I got all the aliens (except micronids, psimorph, and megaspawn withing the first week and a half...

Also, during one Mothership raid, ...

Did you mean first ´month', instead of week???

If not, I really want to have the same editor you used to have motherships spawning within two weeks. I really like Annihilators, but normally I have to be happy with Retaliators, because the Battleships (and Motherships...) take to much time to appear.

I got all the aliens (except micronids, psimorph, and megaspawn withing the first week and a half...

Also, during one Mothership raid, ...

Did you mean first ´month', instead of week???

If not, I really want to have the same editor you used to have motherships spawning within two weeks. I really like Annihilators, but normally I have to be happy with Retaliators, because the Battleships (and Motherships...) take to much time to appear.

No, the mothership came later :)

The asnwer to how is stun raids. Also planning your research. You can start researching toxiguns pretty early. You just need an advanced bio lab which takes 8 days to build and you have to research any alien specimen before you can research advanced bio. So about 8+1+1 days to start off, then a few more days to research biological warfare and then you can START manufacturing toxiguns and toxin A. If you start on the toxiguns you can usually build like 20 of them and have time to research toxin b and never make a single batch of toxin A. That's what I do.

Notice the wording of the original poster is confusing. He means he got all live and dead aliens (except the advanced ones) by the first 10 days or so. This isn't very unusual, especially if you research bio trans at once.

The other stuff he got later. He got toxiguns before aliens got shields. Not in the first week and a half. He has 5 annihilators at some undetermined point completely.

However not seeing entropy sounds weird. For me entropy appears right after shields. So unless he hasn't passed the shield stage yet...

Guest Azrael
As mentioned, adv. physics and bio labs takes a while to build (let alone research prerequisites) so I don't see how can you have annihilators, toxiguns etc. within the first week without editing the game <_<

The gamedata could be corrupted and thus he got a buggy game with impossible odds (Skeletoids don't usually show up so early, and when they do, I've always seen them with shields)

Without game editing, having everything so early and five (5!) annihilators sounds pretty unlikely.

you can get motherships by week 2, just it takes really careless use of stun raids, and really good use of money. The annihilators take 6 weeks or so to get, for me it took 7, but thats because i only got 1 fast attack ship, and i didn't capture it, so i had to cheat to get it when i coudln't research more stuff for ships (i'd gotten everything else with only hawks and hovercars)

Apparently I need to clarify. I got all the mentioned aliens in the first 1.5 weeks. later, I got motherships (Like, oh, week 6 or so) Same for annihilators. But the toxiguns? Week 2 or three. probably three. also, I never even think about going to the alien dimension w/o 5 or so fuly loaded annihilators :)

I guess I'm just lucky with the entropy, as I still have yet to see it. I'll probably see them in the AD somewhere.

In short, NOT ALL THIS HAPPENED IN THE FIRST 2 WEEKS

Sorry for the confusion :D

I think you don't need to research fast attack ship at all. You need Transporter (UFO 3) for Bio-ship, then you need Destroyer (UFO 5) for Explorer and UFO 6 (Assault) for Retaliator. You need UFO 9 (hmm was that Mothership or Battleship?) for Annihilator. The rest you don't need.

you can get motherships by week 2, just it takes really careless use of stun raids, and really good use of money.

No, that's not what will happen. I normally do this "careless use of stun raids" in order to get money enough to build 3 or 4 complete bases in the first day, and even doing this, in the second week the aliens will not have better ships, this is completely dependent on week to happen, and will not be so early. In fact, I believe that score only changes the possible equipment of the ships/aliens, not their type.