XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Hostile Organization Help

Aknazer

I'm playing it on SH and transtellar always seems to go hostile against me. In my current game Transtellar has once again gone hostile against me, but this time it's worse than before! They are at 0% infiltration and have been for the entire game, but yet they call the aliens their "friends" and won't accept bribes. Anyone know a way I can basically force them to be my friends? Maybe by levelling all three of their buildings or something? I wouldn't really care, but you can't load scientists/engineers into vehicles to transport them back to base so if the tubes are busted you can't ever get them to your base.

There are two states that companies can get into where they will no longer accept bribes. 100% infiltration, or they get so fed up with your efforts (due to damage to their property, friends, etc) that they stop serving you for good. Note that the 'alien 'friends' bit is just the text that the game shows when they reach the latter state. The alien's don't necessarily care about them - they could be the bitterest of enemies, but the game will still show the 'friends' message. Even if you manage to make them allies again, they'll still not accept bribes and the message will still show 'aliens friends'.

You can get them back - you just have to make sure that they start disliking the aliens more - or you go and attack one of their rivals. Attacking a rival could have negative consequences with other companies though - so it's a hard call to make. Note that it's even possible to get the Cult to start liking you if the aliens just happen to destroy too many of their temples.

The easiest way is to just let the aliens go amok in the city when they drop an Overspawn or if they're actively attacking buildings. Just don't attend to them as long as your own buildings aren't being damaged. Let them have their fun. It'll be a hit to your score, but most affected companies will be start to dislike the aliens a bit more. Alternately, you could send some of your faster moving ships in and fly around the UFOs. That way the missed shots from the UFO will strike other buildings. Just make sure your guns are deactivated so that you don't do any damage in return. This is hard to pull off though - the Overspawn is much easier to manage.

Transtellar is the most susceptible company to getting upset with you. But there are lots of ways around them.

- Ultra Fast time compression is your friend. Any units or vehicles in transit will automatically reach their destination as soon as you enter Ultra Fast. So if you have your scientists walk, briefly go into super fast to get them there. My advice though is to keep your research teams in the main assault base to avoid this problem. This way if you hire any new techs, they'll go straight to where they need to go.

- Alternately, hire a new batch of techs directly at the new base. It might not be your hand picked 90 - 100 crowd, but anything's better than nothing!

- Any aliens captured or any loot recovered from combat can be instantly dumped at any base of your choosing by simply landing the transport directly at the destination base rather than have it all unload at their home base. if the home base does not have a containment module, the aliens will stay on the ship.

- Equipment can be manually picked up from any base by just flying the ship to the base with the equipment and loading it directly onto the ship and or troops on the ship.

Yeah it's a bit of a pain to do all this, but you certainly can make do without Transtellar. Try and bring the fight to the Alien Dimension as quickly as possible. Once you get a fleet of interdimensional ships that can arm a medium disrupter and shields, you can wipe them UFO fleet out weekly and not have to worry about city politics ever again.

- NKF

Edited by NKF

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know if this was a glitch, but when the aliens dropped off an overspawn and it started destroying the slums I was suddenly able to bribe transteller for 127k (but I didn't because I have made due w/o them). But now they have gone back to considering the aliens their friends.

Did they ask for the money or did you offer it to them?

- NKF

• 3 months later...
Did they ask for the money or did you offer it to them?

- NKF

Wow I missed this thread. I was able to offer it to them, but the option went away later. I don't ever remember having this happen before, but then again normally when an org gets to where they don't take bribes I don't try to randomly offer them money.

• 2 months later...
I just got Marsec and Transteller Unfriendly. I didn't even do anything to them. UFO's came, I order my ships to attack. The fighting happens somewhere far away from any Marsec and Transtellar buildings. I tried many times to reload and do the fight again, but they always got unfriendly or hostile... And I'm a bit short on money, since it's the first week... I wonder how much help it'll be to give them some money, or do they just drop back to unfriendly after UFO's strike back...

Depends on how much damage that your ships have done to their buildings over the course of the game so far. If they're more unhappy with you than the aliens, they'll probably be more inclined to support the aliens. Shooting down alien ships then gets seen in a negative light.

Not sure about Marsec, but Megapol tend to be on bad terms with gangs, so if you perform a bit of piracy on the gangs (partly to stock up on some your dwindling cash supplies), this will be seen by Megapol as a friendly gesture. Perform enough raids, and Megapol will be your ally again. Any gang will do, but don't attack Diablo if you like to use their incendiary grenades.

If you're short on cash, it's probably a good idea to just do the ground battles for a bit and not try to shoot down the UFOs - unless you absolutely need one as a research specimen (Such a the Type-3). Just do this long enough to recover and upgrade your forces to take UFOs down faster, either through more numbers or better armament. The more efficiently you can shoot down UFOs, the less damage to the city, that also means less Public Relations issues.

I'm not looking at any of the game numbers here, but I find that bribing a company back to allied status doesn't necessarily keep them allied. You have to earn their trust to strengthen the alliance (i.e. by attacking their enemies). Besides, bribing is expensive and you can sometimes get into a situation where you've bribed them as much as you can, then they suddenly demand money. Not paying will worsen your relations, while paying them will automatically set them back to neutral. I'd probably only use bribing to get them out of hostile status.

- NKF

Edited by NKF

I just got Marsec and Transteller Unfriendly. I didn't even do anything to them. UFO's came, I order my ships to attack. The fighting happens somewhere far away from any Marsec and Transtellar buildings. I tried many times to reload and do the fight again, but they always got unfriendly or hostile... And I'm a bit short on money, since it's the first week... I wonder how much help it'll be to give them some money, or do they just drop back to unfriendly after UFO's strike back...
Organizations that like the aliens too much, will think worse of you just for shooting down the aliens. The thresholds for reacting to cleaning up their ground invasions are higher (haven't measured those).

Generally, Transtellar starts off liking the aliens so much that just shooting down UFOs will worsen their relations with you. Marsec usually doesn't do that, but sometimes the UFOs destroy enough Megapol property that Marsec ends up liking the aliens that much.

The only real solution for Transtellar, is manipulating the aliens into damaging Transtellars' own property. While this reduces your score, it reduces Transtellar's opinion of the aliens rather than their opinion of you.

I don't know what got into them. I've never done anything to them. Now when I keep checking how much money they want to improve the relations to neutral.. the sum keeps getting bigger about 10K every couple days or so... Does that mean they dislike me more? I just don't have any money to use on them. If Marsec gets hostile, then I can't buy any new ships from them anymore, and I'm stuck with Valkyrie and 2 hovercars? Usually when I've played the game, I've got Marsec to ally with me, without giving them any money. Maybe I'll start a new game, the first weeks are quite fun anyway.

I'm not sure, but it seems that when beginning a game, the game choose some random organizations that start disliking me if I attack the aliens. Or they just start disliking me because the fighting happens above their buildings.. doesn't need me to shoot their buildings at all. Maybe this is because of Superhuman difficulty and the organizations have 0 tolerance to damage. I just started a new game.. if I shot down all ufos from the first wave, transtellar and nanotech became unfriendly. Next wave of ufos, transtellar, nanotech and general metro became unfriendly. There were no visible damage to the buildings in the combat zone, but still they didn't like it.

Yea, maybe it'll be a good idea to let the organizations taste how it feels like when someone's purposefully shooting down their buildings.. then they'll come begging for me to kill the aliens.

I made a quick test, started a new game on superhuman, adjusted my ships ready for their first battle. Every UFO shot down made transtellar see red, each raised the amount of money to get better relations by 10K. There was no fighting, missiles, plasma hitting their buildings. Their initial value was at 97K, when it's at 117K, next will make them drop their relations level. Considering what the organization info says about transtellar, maybe it's true:"The corporation has been regarded suspiciously by Megapol which considers the corporation susceptible to alien contamination." Or maybe that explains it, Megapol just gets allied with me, because I shot down some aliens, and they don't like Megapol and their allies.

Edited by mooses_an