XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Stats In Equipping Screen

DG_Slider

I think that soldier's stats should be visiable when equipping troops. I hate giving a Heavy Weapon to a guy with a weak strength or a psi-amp to a weak minded soldier. I am new heere and haven't seen all the interfaces yet so this may already be on the list of things to do, but I feel that seeing your soldier's stats while arming them would be useful as well as realistic. A commander is going to know what troops in his squad are too weak to carry a heavy weapon.

Terror from the deep shows the aquanaut's rank icon, and you can click it to show it's stats... Not bad, could be better...
What I'd like to see is a screen like UFO: Aftermath, where you equip a soldier while having ALL it's stats displayed, and he takes the SAME equipment in the SAME pockets next time we go in...
FAR less hassle than to reequip them each and every friggin mission...

Until Xenocide comes out, I rename my soldiers by adding a small suffix (all that apply: R for recon, H for Heavy weapon, S for Sharpshooter, G for Grenadier, P for Psy, X for expendable rookie), and maybe a small indication of the rank or the resistance to Psy (or lack thereof)...
There should be a post about this somewhere... :D

• 8 months later...
Every 3 missions or so I add the number of kills, if over 5, to the end of the soldiers name. The more kills, the better the soldier is. By Cydonia or Bust the readout of names would include some triple digit kill numbers. "Ed Carr 114" is my current commander. Every Soldier uses a variety of weapons so they are pretty well rounded. I also cared much more when someone with a high number died. If they died from a glitch in the game I would load. Rookies don't matter.