12 replies to this topic

#1 Runner

Runner

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 05:33 AM

Thought some of you might like this, all the original boxes for the 3 real XCOM games :) Posted Image

All the manuals and original documents that came with them are inside as well. Pulled them out of storage to play them again after finding this site. :)

#2 Guest_Jim69_*

Guest_Jim69_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2003 - 05:37 AM

Mine were all different from that, prob coz I live in England, I take it that they are the American ones? Interesting, I prefer the English 1s if I can find them I'll post them. Damn, they are in good condition, u really look after the boxes eh? My boxes are fcuked within a week :P

#3 Guest_drewid_*

Guest_drewid_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2003 - 06:14 AM

I'll go and take pics of my t shirts ;)

#4 Guest_Jim69_*

Guest_Jim69_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2003 - 06:51 AM

What, X-Com T-Shirts? Damn, I would BLATENTLY wear an X-Com t-shirt more than my Arsenal shirts, I may even wear 1 down 2 Highbury 2 c if I get on camera ( I wish there was a smilie for sarcasm :LOL: )

#5 miceless

miceless

Colonel

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 09:40 AM

Yeah, the english ones are different. Except maybe Apoc because I dont remember that box.

I have the boxes for the first two at home in England, but im in Egypt so i cant take a pic. :(
"If it moves - kill it. If it doesn't move - kill it anyway, it might move later."

#6 Guest_Jim69_*

Guest_Jim69_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2003 - 09:59 AM

My Apoc box is different, it looks more like the opening screen.

#7 j'ordos

j'ordos

Alien Concept Task Force

• Xenocide Artwork Department
  • 5,059 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 10:21 AM

There are 2 different opening screens (or more) so I think you have another one. The opening screen here is exactly like the one pictured on the box (the pic posted here, not MY box...).
"You can't trust your eyes if your imagination's out of focus" - Mark Twain
"The mind is like an umbrella, it functions best when open" - Walter Gropius
Posted Image
SNEKK BLOG U-LAR MEKHH! GAHGHH! RK!
GRRGH RGGHH SNORRTT GHACKHGG

Now presented in DoubleVision™ (where drunk)

#8 Guest_Jim69_*

Guest_Jim69_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2003 - 02:35 PM

Really? I didn't realise they had changed that as well, my opening screen has a lot of orange colours in in, I'll c if I can get a grab. Is it just the English 1 that has changed?

#9 Runner

Runner

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 06:15 PM

Yeah these are north american boxes, or Canadian if it was localized here. I've actually seen the European version of the box for the original XCOM. I was going to buy it, at the time I thought it was a new game when I first picked it up, then I looked at the back :) It was 7 or 8 years ago now...Don't know how it got over here, I considered buying it just for having it, but I think a different game caught my eye and I bought that instead. Ah the memories.

#10 Guest_drewid_*

Guest_drewid_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2003 - 06:49 AM

Tee (shirt) hee

These are images from my x-com tee shirts

the apoc and email shirts have the images on the back, the fronts have a text "badge" which I've inset

Attached Thumbnails

• xcom_tees.jpg

#11 mikker

mikker

Artwork Department

• Xenocide Artwork Department
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 12 August 2003 - 08:16 AM

heh. love the last em@il one

Some people say that dreams are a portal to the subconscious. If that is so, I am a very disturbed person.

the truth about scientology

#12 miceless

miceless

Colonel

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 12 August 2003 - 09:44 AM

Yeah, the email one is good.

Is that supposed to be a popper on the Apoc one? Looks bigger and meaner there. :whatwhat:
"If it moves - kill it. If it doesn't move - kill it anyway, it might move later."

#13 Guest_Jim69_*

Guest_Jim69_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2003 - 03:13 PM

I'd imagine they modifyed some concept art, that's what it looks like 2 me. Definalty a popper tho. I'd love 2 c a Popper in v2+++ :)