XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Halo Vs Xcom

NRN_R_Sumo1

Halo vs Xcom  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted XCOM, if you could combine all XCOM agents and all alien types, in similar numbers, with HWPs and aircraft, plus the kind of tactics that successful XCOM players tend to use. I think those blaster launchers in large deployments would really put the snuff on those Halo snipers and Halo-alien snipers (who aren't too bad in Halo 3 on the hardest level).

I'm just going on the kind of co-ordination I saw when my friend played Halo 3 - everyone running around, doing their own thing, charging in, never doing much sniping or area control.

On that point, maybe an XCOM game like Halo would be cool. All new graphics, but XCOM weapons, real-time. No endless regenerating weapons caches, no healing from 1-100% in 20 seconds. I'm thinking a first-person shooter for multiplayer Internet. Snipers, machine guns, autocannons, blaster launchers, friendly fire on. Certain players could operate HWPs, some could use PSI. How would we all like teaming up in real time to do that? You could even combine the 3 XCOM games. Either you could play missions from each XCOM, or combine all the different techs in order to have a truly eclectic team approach. And I'm thinking more like the early Rainbow Six games. Stealth, motion sensors, proximity mining. Basically, massive multi-player XCOM in the first person with Halo 3-quality graphics.

In the meantime, I vote for XCOM universe.

Aiki, Im sorry but our current project is sadly still Xenocide :P

Although I have before thought things close to that.

Asking for Halo3 Quality graphics might be a bit much though >>

Id rather have a functional game than a pretty one. xD!

If you are willing to put together a team, I will gladly do the lazy parts. :)

Using something along the same lines as Jedi Knight Dark Forces 2 as a base could be near Ideal, but sadly the game is old and did not have things like "Head shots" invented yet. Although there are ways to implement them in after digging around a fair bit. xD

Its just another one of my favourite games, its a sad thing that its near dead now. but it still has a large community. O:

On the other side of the grass, There is a version of San Andreas where you can play Multiplayer online, but there are no Ai controlled units, probably due to ability of Syncing them.

This could be easily bypassed by setting the server to a team deathmatch and setting up the aliens on one side and the human races on the other. =D

..Holy crap that could actually work out >>

Mum's better, because she can come in and unplug the computer or game console. That'd snuff the life of every single X-Com, alien, Spartan, Covenant or Flood in one fell swoop. ;)

- NKF

Edited by NKF

But it's a fun poll. That's more important than silly bickering over inconsequential things now isn't it? ;)

- NKF

Edited by NKF

Yes, mum rules.

On a more serious note, who are we comparing against? Whats the scope? X-Com or the Aliens vs Humans (generic Spartans), Covenant or Flood?

I dare say each side is evenly matched with decent weapons, shields, cloaking abilities, melee combat, tough bruiser units and what have you. The only thing that I would probably have to give to the Halo enemies is that their aim is unnaturally accurate. Unnaturally. In fact I dare say they're way too accurate for their own good.

Or perhaps I've been playing at ridiculously high levels too much...

- NKF

• 2 weeks later...

Hands down, Halo is the winner.

The Aliens had 3 chances to best the humans (UFO: Enemy Unknown, Interceptor, Genesis) and failed.

The Covenant just needed to fine Earth and "Bamm! Pow! Oof!" had no problem kicking arses!

And yes, I'm the one who voted for Halo (And I'm one of the biggest X-COM fan around).

That's all I wanted to say, really.

Bye