XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Hey,

I see some discussion here about jumping and stuff like that. Would it be workable to have people slip when traversing steep terrain, stumble when they are heavily loaded, etc? This would result in not being able to accurately predict the amount of TU's it takes to move through a certain tile

--K

Edited by kander

Kinda reminds me of what its already like in X-COM. I did notice it took x amount of TUs to go up an incline one step as opposed to moving on flat terrain one step. So I think that game had it, though after so many experiments to see what's what, eventually one could actually do some predicting, but I like what your saying.

Just some stuff I noticed off the top of my head playing recently...

On flat terrain for example, if I had 4 TU left, I could move one full square spending all of it. However, if the terrain is "flatish" but there's a patch of tall grass in front, he won't move at all (I suspect it took 1-3 TU more to move to that square than normal) My men were modestly loaded out so I haven't done any movement experiments under more weight.

I think what should be unpredictable is whether they slide/slip/run in place (no traction heh)/ or fall.

Edited by Snakeman