XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Xcom Util Trouble

miceless

In an attempt to extend the playability of XCOM 1 (since I cant seem to get Apoc working) I downloaded and installed XCOM Util.

Everything went fine all the way to the game itself. Started a new game, built my first base, set it up, shot down a UFO. I was changing the settings of my craft after new stuff arrived, and I noticed that things were a bit slower. Gradually, over the space of a minute or two, the game was getting slower and slower. Eventually it got to the point where it took several seconds to click on and open a menu and half of my mouse clicks get ignored anyway. :cussing:

I saved (god that took me ages), quit and reloaded and everything runs fine. However, again it slows over the period of a couple of minutes. This time I went to the battlescape and encontered the same problems. Now my men crawl around like snails! :crying:

Im not running any slowdown programs or anything in the background, so it cant be that.

Anyone know what I can do to solve this? :huh?:

hehe, seems like you're having trouble with every xcom game...

Perhaps getting a new Pc solves all those problems :wave: :D

Don't have that problem with xcomutil tho, perhaps you could try reinstalling?

Edited by j'ordos

Perhaps getting a new Pc solves all those problems :wave:  :D

I ran xcom util fine too no trouble with that at all.

dunno what could be yours. mayeb a clean reinstall like J'ordos said .

Im cursed! :angry:

Perhaps getting a new Pc solves all those problems :wave:  :D

Im still open for donations... *cough* :master:

Tried that already, didnt help. I gave up and went to TftD. That seems to be working so far. <touches wood and crosses fingers>

LOL, sorry thats just funny. thats so strange how it slows down, ive never heard of that before. i tried to install xcom util, i did it back when i was even more nub than i am now, i remember it gave me a lot of dos stuff, so i didnt try again, i guess i should since im starting a super human game and im not sure if its really super human.

Well, he may be a genius, but that is not the topic of discussion here. He is the creator of XCOMUTIL....

Ahh, in that case he must be a genius. Course, your a genius too Micah....

:master: :link: --- :master: :link: --- :master: :link: