XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Xcomutil 9.5

stjones

XcomUtil 9.5 is now available for download from my site listed below. This version adds the following features:

* New alternate base which simply rearranges the default base for improved defense.

* The power of the High Explosive has been increased to enable it to blast holes in the outsides of UFOs.

* Fix for a bug in the EQL flag in command line mode.

* Improved XcuSetup and RunXcom to eliminate problems when XcomUtil is installed before going to combat for the first time.

* Minor improvements to the SDUMP and ERRLVL commands.

Get it from my XcomUtil Homepage.

Hey Scott I thought it has come with an alternate base (made for defense) already???? Can you or someone post a map?

Hey Scott I thought it has come with an alternate base (made for defense) already????  Can you or someone post a map?

XcomUtil 9.5 now gives you three choices of starting base:

#1. The Default Base.

#2. The Alternate Base (NEW in 9.5), the same as #1, but rearranged for defense.

#3. The Improved Base, with Small Radar replaced by Large Radar, plus Alien Containment, one extra Living Quarters, 40 extra Scientists, and 10 extra Engineers. Plus, it is rearranged similar to #2 for defense.

Both #2 and #3 can be changed by editing XcomUtil.cfg.

will you ever release source?

The safe answer to this is NO. My employer almost made me stop working on XcomUtil when version 2.1 got reviewed by a gaming magazine. After a long chat with my management and some lawyers. we came to an agreement that I would never mention the name of my employer in any of the XcomUtil documentation, that I would never contaminate myself with another company's proprietary information by disassembling their algorithms, and that my source code would never be released outside my company.

However, last year, when I got permission to work on Xenocide, that relaxed the rules a little. Obviously, if I am working on Xenocide, I can certainly use what I have learned from XcomUtil in whatever I do. Thus, various code fragments could be released to other Xenocide developers. I just have to be very careful that I don't share anything that my company would not like to become Open Source.

Since I am now on my company's Invention Evaluation Board, the group that determines which inventions we plan to file as patents, I think I am a fairly good judge of what can and can't be released.

Hey Scott I thought it has come with an alternate base (made for defense) already????  Can you or someone post a map?

XcomUtil 9.5 now gives you three choices of starting base:

#1. The Default Base.

#2. The Alternate Base (NEW in 9.5), the same as #1, but rearranged for defense.

#3. The Improved Base, with Small Radar replaced by Large Radar, plus Alien Containment, one extra Living Quarters, 40 extra Scientists, and 10 extra Engineers. Plus, it is rearranged similar to #2 for defense.

Both #2 and #3 can be changed by editing XcomUtil.cfg.

Okay thanks!

I REALLY should finish my starting base editor. :wacko:

The safe answer to this is NO. My employer almost made me stop working on XcomUtil when version 2.1 got reviewed by a gaming magazine. After a long chat with my management and some lawyers. we came to an agreement that I would never mention the name of my employer in any of the XcomUtil documentation, that I would never contaminate myself with another company's proprietary information by disassembling their algorithms, and that my source code would never be released outside my company.

However, last year, when I got permission to work on Xenocide, that relaxed the rules a little. Obviously, if I am working on Xenocide, I can certainly use what I have learned from XcomUtil in whatever I do. Thus, various code fragments could be released to other Xenocide developers. I just have to be very careful that I don't share anything that my company would not like to become Open Source.

Since I am now on my company's Invention Evaluation Board, the group that determines which inventions we plan to file as patents, I think I am a fairly good judge of what can and can't be released.

Where do you work?

Stalin Inc.?

:D

do is still get to keep my old game in 9.4

New versions of XcomUtil have always been compatible with old saved games. The only caveat, which is documented in XcomUtil.txt, is that you may have trouble reloading a game saved during combat if you were using XcomUtil to change the terrain. For example, if you were playing a Hybrid game (XCOM with TFTD terrains), XcomUtil overlays the rarely used Mars terrain with the current TFTD terrain. If you reload an old combat and the terrain has changed since you saved the game, the results will be unpredictable. Games saved from the Geoscape view have never had any problems.

• 2 years later...

Bummer, I feel sorry for you. I am having a problem with Xcomutil 9.5. I want to enter the GUI portion of the program so I can mess around with the advanced options I backed up the whole TFTD game and I have v1.0 of the CE. I clicked on all the batch files I could find and I have it installed in the root TFTD directory but none of them produce a GUI screen I want to edit soldier stats but I can't so I don't know what to do I already ran Xcusetup but I haven't detected the changes yet.