XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Research Took Too Long

ForgeLa

hi,

got a little problem there...

its september out there (in my game) and i wasn't able to research stronger weapons than gauss rifles. it all took to long. researching of the sonar rifle or blaster rifle would take 1 to 2 months! just all important techs took too long, to develop all of them would take 2 years.

please do not tell me that i've got not enough scientists. there are 400 of them in my 3 bases!

comparing to ufo enemy unknown its just too hard for me to come along. ufo1 was easy gaming, but with this problem tftd is just too hard for me, even as rookie.

did i install the wrong patch? i took something witch fixes something more. there were questions in a dos box. i'll post them here soon. cannot believe that this could be normal!

thx for help.

Are you using XComUtil? It sounds like you have the Research Help from Captives option set on. If that's the case then you can either set it off by running XCSetup and choosing No on the appropriate option or you'll have start capturing live aliens to advance your research. Edited by Hobbes

Are you using XComUtil? It sounds like you have the Research Help from Captives option set on. If that's the case then you can either set it off by running XCSetup and choosing No on the appropriate option or you'll have start capturing live aliens to advance your research.

hmm, something like that must be installed. ill take a look...

yeah, xcom util. thats it. is it usefull? i think i should delete and just use flodders graphic patch.

captured aliens? hehe, got 8 of them in my prison. but with this option set on it seems be not enough.

Are you using XComUtil? It sounds like you have the Research Help from Captives option set on. If that's the case then you can either set it off by running XCSetup and choosing No on the appropriate option or you'll have start capturing live aliens to advance your research.

hmm, something like that must be installed. ill take a look...

yeah, xcom util. thats it. is it usefull? i think i should delete and just use flodders graphic patch.

captured aliens? hehe, got 8 of them in my prison. but with this option set on it seems be not enough.

XComUtil is the best patch/util that you can get for UFO/TFTD. The Research Help option increases the research time several times but if you capture aliens, especially high ranking ones, they can cut the research time down 50% or more.

For more information about it there's a list on XComUtil.cfg file on how what effect each captured alien has on the technologies currently under research.

hehe, ok.

but first time ill play with normal settings.

just tested it, it is like i expected. now i can rush them down ;)

thx for your help, an thx for the very nice european championship. ;)

Hehehe, no problem...don't tell me you are from Greece....we sure seem to have made quite a few friends there ;)