XCOMUFO & Xenocide

UI Changes

PezzA

Following on from this :

Do you want 5 x buttons that can support different looks with identical behaviours? I don't think that's too hard, it would just have to work within the same image set file (with 5 different button skins in the same file).

I'm still learning all of this stuff, so ask with good intentions, why would you want to be able to use more than one widgetset? (which I think CeGUI does support via reflection, it loads every widget set file you have in the bin folder)

Thanks for the bump to Squaddie, yet still don't have the workshop posting ability. Do i need to research something first? LOL

regarding:

add an additional CreateWindow(string type, string name, string skin) to xenocide\Dependancies\CeGui\CeGui\Source\WindowManager.cs that passes the skin down to assembly.createInstance()

Note, due to common code in CreateWindow(), should refactor out the common code.

Add an additional constructor to the TLButton class that takes a skin, and change the constants to properties as previously mentioned.

I'm a bit busy with other things at the moment. Does anyone else have time? If not, let me know and I'll see what I can do next weekend.

I can pick that up as my next job, however just as the kitchen is the first thing to go when you move into a new house, is the same true of UI systems in xna-fan-project mergers? Not sure there is any point progressing any UI elements until we know where it's all going.

Yeah they need to bump you up higher then that.

Anyways I agree, first thing we need to know after "is it going to happen?" is what are they using. Perhaps they have something smoother and easier then we, then I would have no problem switching. If on the other hand ours is the better then I'd rather keep ours and work their art into it.

The "Squaddie" part is the automatic ranking system, and it depends on the postcount. One of your posts was counted, probably somewhere non-laboratory/patio related. The admins have been asked some time ago to upgrade your account, but they haven't showed up, and that's why you still haven't access to the workshops. Patience my friend :S.

Concerning the merge, I think that code is re-usable. The merged project will be XNA based, so nothing will go to waste. Nevertheless, someone may grab the C++ branch, thus the implemented ideas will greatly help ;).

I will write to mindstormmaster, He responded quickly when I needed the SQL's backed up. Hoping he has access to do so.

Edit - I also asked that Mad and dteviot be given permissions to change user memberships. You guys need them.

Edited by Darkhomb

I just got a PM from Micah ensuring me he'll change permissions for the workshops. But yes, permissions to change membership would be ideal. However, I won't get my hopes up on that one...

I keep on forgetting that this board is bigger than just Xenocide.

I just got a PM from Micah ensuring me he'll change permissions for the workshops. But yes, permissions to change membership would be ideal. However, I won't get my hopes up on that one...

I keep on forgetting that this board is bigger than just Xenocide.

Hooray, you're almost a recruit now! Thanks Micah! You just need to sign the License agreement and *bang* you'll be one of us. :)