XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Hey All -

I hope this post gets read, seems to be a lonely forum to post in :blink: . Anyhow, I was wondering if there is mIRC chat room setup dedicated to Xenocides development. I think it might be real cool if we could all chat in realtime everyonce in a while, and mIRC is a real easy system (I'm sure you're all aware of this already). Also, I've noticed a number of times when forum posts have gone back and forth so fast they may as well have been realtime!

Anywho, just a thought. Might help both the development of the game as well as community. What do you all think? I'd love to have the oppurtunity to shoot the proverbial breeze with you all and get to know everyone a bit better.

Gold

ps - I, ironically, have no clue how to set up a mIRC room... :naughty:

Do a search of the forums for "irc" and "meeting" to see where this conversation went. Basically, not enough of us can get on IRC at the same time. There is a channel set up that a lot of us used to frequent: #xcomufo on efnet. It is open and control is kept by bots. A lot of us communicate via ICQ fairly regularly.

If you want a quick way into the channel, start at xcomufo.com and click on "Chat" at the top.

That 450 number is people who registered as forum members. Of that, maybe 20 are project members and 15 active.

So, certainly people can probably get on IRC, but the forums are easier for most people, especially those who've never heard of IRC.

• 3 months later...

IRC is indeed nice, but there arent enough of us.

The forums are better as they allow people to communicate without everyone being there at the same time, and also you get better records of what get said.

I cant use IRC anyway, so its a moot point for me.