XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Combat Screen: No Ground?

Gallen

Windows XP Pro, SP 2

Direct Draw disabled

Tried regular execution and XCOM Enemy Unknown CE (ET version, 28 March 2005) both with the same results. Everything works fine until I start a ground combat mission. The ground isn't visilbe (repeating texture instead) and soldiers cannot move out of the skyranger.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v254/jinxhead/ce_combat_xppro_sp2.jpg

Apparently it's just a result of all the mods and patches et al. Did a fresh reinstall and it's working fine. Time to start patching to make it playable again...

Is this a common side effect of any of the patches? Or a combination of patches? Or usking UFO2K?

I saw something similar when I was doing some tests on throw range. I modified all map segments (10x10) to have only grass on lowest level. In effect, every "randomly" generated map was completely empty, not counting the UFO and Skyranger. Then, during a game, something just like on screenshot happened - suddenly there were objects mostly of one type everywhere. I don't think it was texture bug, but rather map got corrupted somehow.

This happened several times, all in above circumstances. I used 1.4 version under DOSBox.

What patches/mods do you have installed?

You name it. Here's a list of patches and .exe's I see just looking in the directory. The one's with *'s were installed after I first encountered the problem:

xcloader, xcom1fix*, xcomutil, e.t.*, geoscape.exe, UFO2K, UFO2Kb
And those are just the onese I noticed at a glance- who knows what else I've put in there <_<

I'd been dabling and patching and screwing around with that install for a long time- not sure if it ever worked for the stand alone game- I was mostly just using it for UFO2K.

Anyway, as mentioned above it's likely just a matter of the map files getting screwed with (described perfectly that only the UFO and skyranger show up and no ground textures).

Forgot to mention it's the CE version.

UFO2000 is not a patch or mod, it's a whole different game, and it shouldn't be installed in your X-Com directory, maybe that's causing you the trouble. Edited by Azrael

What patches/mods do you have installed?

You name it. Here's a list of patches and .exe's I see just looking in the directory. The one's with *'s were installed after I first encountered the problem:

xcloader, xcom1fix*, xcomutil, e.t.*, geoscape.exe, UFO2K, UFO2Kb
And those are just the onese I noticed at a glance- who knows what else I've put in there <_>

xcloader comes with xcomutil. If xcom1fix is the patch for the DOS then you won't need it since you are running the CE version.

I've looked at the image better and it looks as if you are missing files on the /TERRAINS folder. Since you have installed UFO2K before the problem happened you can go the UFO2K folder and on the X-COM subfolder there will be a perfect copy of the original game, copied when you installed UFO2K.