XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Create Your Clan On Xcs Here

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree. A proper clan system would be good for the game.... Maybe it could be that clans are groups of ranked soldiers that have a specific point maximum on units, and that can only get rank exp for fighting people of their rank...

Eg. Rank 1 --- Trainee --- Max soldier points 6000 ---Xp 0

Rank 2 --- Rookie --- Max soldier points 7000 --- Xp 5

And only actual clan battles could count for rank ups?

I dunno. I think this could be a good ranking system.

As well we could have clan ranks would go up when leaders battle it out

For example Abyssion's clan is #2 of all the clans. He challenges the leader of Clan #1. If he wins then he becomes clan #1

We'd need some sort of program for this, or someone who has no life or job whatsoever who would sit around his computer and marks each one down :P

Yeah CopyBass, something with ranks would be very cool.

There is a very easy way of doing this, Ill try to explain how it would work.

There are 3 parts that have to happen

1: Clans need to be created with deticated members

2: Clans need to be able to communicate with eachother and their memebrs

3: Clan battles need a way to be recorded.

Part one rests on the players. If there are no deticated players this cannot happen. I know we have a small group of people who have been around since i can remember, we occationaly take breaks that can last for weeks or months at a time, but the same people keep coming around time after time. So having deticated players is starting to happen.

Part two can be satisfied by the forums. We would need a deticated forum for clan discussion.

Part three. This is a very important part, and I think I have a solution. While we cannot have automated battles updated, we do have the lxntINFO, and that is all we need. The hard part is making players understand what THEY need to do so that we can decifer who is participating in a clan battle and who is not.

I attempted this with the UFO2KE, requiring players to put an -x-, -a-, or -s- in front of their name. This actually worked pretty good :D . With appropriate abbreviations, players can convey what clan they belong to, and what rank they are.

For example, my attempt at creating a clan --Chaos-- (abrv. "C") would show up like this. If my rank was say, Commander (since thats the highest) I would put a "C" infront, then the "1"

-C-1- JoeJoe

It would take perhaps three people to each check the LXNT.INFO page to record the battles ONCE A WEEK.

The participation is not so high that this cannot be done.

Im willing to ressurect the ol' Clans Page ( http://ebfangame.bizhat.com/home.swf ) and add roster pages as well as rules and clan pics. But I cannot do this alone!!

If your interested, let me know! I am!

Edited by JoeJoe

why dont you explore the possibility of a custom query for LXNT's battle results Database? You might be able to compile them into a seperate table? It's all up to LXNT's owner (Lxnt perhaps?) of course

simple. find out what version of SQL is used and simply add the search's for the specific players in the query. If that doesnt work then you can probvably use the LIKE (if it has one) term to locate a name for the player. You could probably set up some forms for adding or updating the player info and so onso the whole thing can be completely simplified. I beleive you can then use the query data for graphs and things in excell praps (maybe not, been so long since i played with a database) you could run the query once a week and update the results on a page somwhere

You ARE still part of the Starfire Confederation right? If not I have a LOT of changes to make to the d20 LOL

Like making it? :P

Shhhh.... I just.... sort of lost interest in it as time went on :(

Sorry, Databases are NOT my thing, i know enough to get by and i could probably do it ok but i really really hate the things (There so simple yet so evil) My personal life is also full to busting as is.

• 2 years later...