XCOMUFO & Xenocide

ART- SATYRIAN Concept

That face could work but I think it should be a humanoid with the legs removed and replaced by a anti-grav ball as in the original.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm...That one isn't too bad either...He kind of reminds me of a S'PHT From the marathon games. I like the cloak being too long for his torso. That is a nice touch. I like this one. Except possibly change the horns into tusks, like the original.

The new one reminds me of Kosh :LOL:

That would look coll with the cloak being really ragged, like an animal (human?) skin or hunting trophy, and the head being the colour of bone.

Tha arms could be sinewy like thw ufo:genesis etherial concept.

Edited by drewid

That face is far too high tech, it should be a predatory beast. I also don't think we should have more than one alien race that wear cloaks. The Etherals do it for a reason.

The floaters in the original did. Or was that a cape?

And i'm not sure the face is too high tech, I mean, it could be a helmet. (When you get to battle, you see this really creepy floating thing, but when you look at its autopsy pic, it looks like a gerbil once you remove the helmet. :) That would be a laugh.

Zipper, I think we're getting closer... but I'm still partial to the blue anti-grav ball of the original

this better? him and the anti-grav ball are kinda fused together

these are very rough, about 10 mins each, when you see one you like I'll neaten it up and colour it, aka make it look good :D

post-29-1075517898_thumb.jpg

Edited by Zipperhead

Now this last one could be something to aim at. Good job :beer:

I think you should wait for some more comments, can't base it soley on my opinion even if I'd like it :rolleyes:

could you attach the images to the post instead of linking to them, it makes it impossible for me to see the minages if they are on personal webspace.

thanks

I like the head in the last one. Very cool. But I would drop the wing things and bulk up the shoulders and upper torso. Or you could do a cthulu Gug thing and split the arms at the elbow to give it four hands. It should only be carring one gun however. Have we done a reaper concept yet?

As far as uploading images if you look down at the bottom of the reply page there is a line that says "You may attach a file to this message. Maximum file size: 4.88mb" with a filebox and browse button out from it. Use that to find the file on your system and upload it.

I believe "minages" is merely a poorly typed "images"

I believe "minages" is merely a poorly typed "images"

Yikes, I know I sometimes type in a hurry but I'm not quite sure how I came up with that one. You are correct though, it is supposed to be images.

Zipper: he is reminding a little too much of diablo meets dune. maybe change the head to something different or give him some armor on his torso and a helmet.

Zip, just to let you know, I posted one of your images in the Reaper thread as a good starting concept (the four legged one).

I think it might look better if the waist wasn't so defined...maybe have the ball join in the upper torso, with the ribs spread/bent (so it looks painful) to accomodate it.

The Captain

facehugger: hmm it's not a claw... it's a plasma rifle :}

zipperhead: i like your floaters :] they remind me "heck prince"(this one shooting with green balls and having goat legs) from "doom 2" :)

About this one with "rocket boots". If you remove these boots, we can use it as a terror unit for floaters?

About grav balls.. can you add some more details to an area of flash and grav ball connection? Or maybe they will attach to it just like squids attach to stones, with tentacles?

thats a pretty nice concept zipperhead. Though the gravity ball might be a little more....aurodynamic?

couldnt we use the cloked one as a floater commander?

Edited by mikker

no one said if they had a limit to they floating :rolleyes:

and you guys are hard to work for, it would help if I had more of a idea of what you all wanted it to look like, couse I don't think Im ever going to draw somthing that everyone likes <_<

post-29-1075548356_thumb.jpg

couldnt we use the cloked one as a floater commander?

I agree with mikker. The one with the cloak would look great as a floater commander or leader.

Perhaps you should make the ball signifigantly smaller, so it looks like the floater would tip over quickly, that would improve the ball in my opinion.

That floater looks interesting, I'd like to see some more details too :)

I think it might look better if the waist wasn't so defined...maybe have the ball join in the upper torso, with the ribs spread/bent (so it looks painful) to accomodate it.

Yeah, this sounds like a good idea, maybe the ball should be smaller and higher up, more inside the torso

I see the doom monster reference as well :monster:

I've been working with the egg shaped one, just looks like a drill :huh:

the problem with a smaller more tippy ball is that, it feels like it wouldn't be able to get back up again if you hit it in the face with a baseball bat. (or, you know goes round a sharp bend) Come-on these are the guys you see at terror sites. I pretty sure Im not going to be scared of something that looks like a bettle on its back when it falls over <_<

but Im playing with the idea of turning it into a big cone, like a bee sting tpye thing going on.

I can add detail to any of the ones you want to, but its a little pointless if its not on a broad design that we like ^_^

Edited by Zipperhead

I think he would look better if you changed the head back to the version you had in that 3d pic you posted in this thread and embed the hors along the contours of the skull.

just been messing around with some ideas. about the past of the floater (yes I've read the thingy) I was thing about why they would cut themselfs in half to become floating thingys if they have perfectly good legs to begin with? I know I wouldn't. I'd build a hover board or somthing.

So what if your body before hand was just impratacal? thats why I went back to the 4 legs idea.if your a roaming hunter in the plains speed and power are something you going to need to catch prey. but you got a thumb (Im one of those people who belive we got were we are to day becouse of our hands) and with a thumb comes a little brains.

and with brains comes the saying "I want to go there!" of couse becouse of your body you can't get there :cussing:

so you build a new one, and come on, if you going to build a body, would you choose legs or butt kicking floating thingy?

and the masks, I was thinking of have them as war-masks from their old days of beating the crap out each other.

its been a long day of work at tescos (usa: think wallmart) I don't know what Im writing

post-29-1075593419_thumb.jpg

That's some good stuff, I really like your work. The Grav Ball version is my favourite, it's mystic enough to look really alien. ^_^ I'm not sure if a floating board would give the same effect.

BTW if you use irc, there is a project irc channel (Gamesnet, #projectxenocide) if you want to drop in and chat.

I think we should stick to grav balls...

Wow, I'm gone for a day and come back to lots of cool concepts! I guess I'll base my comments on all the pics, here we go. The very first one is my favorite head, the large horns and lower tusks look cool. I agree with the idea that it's more of a reaper look overall, particularly with the small eyes it has that bestial predator look that a reaper would represent. The second in that first post has a more intelligent eyeball look to it, I can see that head working for a floater nicely. As to the levitation device,using just one from that second pic with some stabilizer feet coming out at regular angles would give it a more stable base, like a rod coming out every 120 degrees and ending in the actual anti-grav pod. I think you're right about the punching pag look otherwise, balance would be an issue.

Oh, as I'm writing this you posted the latest pic, those outer balls are about the size I was thinking, just having them connected.

Something else might be having the float device include a section that goes up the back of his torso, like it's covering his spine. That might help blend in the pure body/pure robot seam...

having trouble with the forum Breunor? :wink:

hmm, I think it looks like he's more like a rocket or something now :s

Maybe u just should take half of the floaters body (everything except the legs), put something like a metal ring around his middle (like the creatures in return to castle wolfenstein) and let those antigravity balls float around the creature like the rings with the Protoss in StarCraft :wink:

what do you think?

Why do you feel it would need something to be able to stand? It's a anti-grav ball that makes it float in the air as the UFOs. If someone hits it with a baseball bat it wont fall over since it's strong enough to withstand the impact and even if it did fall over it would get back up in no time.

now look what you made me do... had to actually sketch something. What is this world coming to :)

humor aside, maybe something more along these lines?

floater.jpg

I like the armor idea, I am going to add some at some point, just wanted to get what under fixed first

and the helmet Im not liking really, the gaws to much like the reapers and its to impersonel

I like it more with just a ball, needs some work though, not to mad on the prong thingys, rocket ship, yeah.

I persenal prefer the ball bigger. but if people like it smaller I'll draw it that way.

this is just a doodle and a colour study, NOT a final image of anytype... I can do so much better than this :D

post-29-1075606456_thumb.jpg

Edited by Zipperhead

Now that one I really like! :)

Perhaps make a single slit down the middle of the head, to differentiate it from the chryssalid head.

Or use Zipperhead's helmet/facemask. That would look good. But I must say, it looks great!

Why do you feel it would need something to be able to stand? It's a anti-grav ball that makes it float in the air as the UFOs. If someone hits it with a baseball bat it wont fall over since it's strong enough to withstand the impact and even if it did fall over it would get back up in no time.

The idea was not that it would sit on those prongs, instead that the main undercarriage is life support, and the extensions are for the anti-grav portion. It also provides a more stable/wider base for the creature. Of course, all the alien needs is a built-in gyroscope and there's no tilting or flipping to worry about.

Or use Zipperhead's helmet/facemask. That would look good. But I must say, it looks great!

Uh, it's Zipperhead who posted that concept you're commenting on as well :LOL: