Ion Beam Accelerators

3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Tyr_*

Guest_Tyr_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2006 - 10:18 PM

I just noticed an odd contradiction. I was adding a few new items to my profit building spreadsheet, when I thought I'd check the official strategy guide, since it has a table on the subject (not a very good one, it fails to take account of required materials), and I noticed a contradiction.

Both the OSG and USG claim you can make Ion Beam Accelerators, yet in none of my saved games is it listed in the manufacture list. What gives? Is it something changed with the 2.0 patch or am I missing something?

#2 Blehm 98

Blehm 98

Colonel

• [Global Moderators]
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 11:26 PM

you can build them, but i think its the ion beam accelerators that sell for like half their build cost and use a ton of zrbite and aquaplastics, so i'd just recommend not bothering, you're not missing much anyway

edit: don't move this thread, it isn't in the right forum, but guests can't see any forum other than this so leave it here for now

Edited by Blehm 98, 26 March 2006 - 11:27 PM.

Top Secret Xenocide Status report

BF2 Hackers =5SF= have busted
]sD[ Engageo <-- couldn't get him banned though, no screenshot of him ingame
]sD[Nomisser
an AK guy
The anti-logarithm of the logarithm of X plus the logarithm of Y equals X times Y, or 10^(logX + logY) = XY
Posted Image
I hate spider solitaire...

#3 NKF

NKF

Commander

• [Global Moderators]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,798 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 11:33 PM

As of the V2 update of TFTD (which is included in the Collectors Edition windows port), the Ion Beam Accelerators have been officially removed from the manufacture list. Heavens knows why. It's not like they make a profit or it's hard to gather a few off the USOs. Or, as I'm sure a lot of us are thinking, they stuffed up.

Earlier versions allowed you to build them.

- NKF

Edited by NKF, 26 March 2006 - 11:34 PM.

Lord High Generalissimo Ruler Supreme of Norm's Anti Pedant Society (NAPS).

Number of members: 1

#4 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2006 - 12:32 AM

As of the V2 update of TFTD (which is included in the Collectors Edition windows port), the Ion Beam Accelerators have been officially removed from the manufacture list. Heavens knows why. It's not like they make a profit or it's hard to gather a few off the USOs. Or, as I'm sure a lot of us are thinking, they stuffed up.

Earlier versions allowed you to build them.

- NKF

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah, that explains it then. :)

Reply to this topic