XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Normals Mapping In Base Facilities

fidel_

I had this task handed to me by RK a long time ago, sorry for the delay. :D

I textured Living Quarters with the normals mapping technique. The results are here to see. I spent most of the time trying to get all the necessary detail into those closets, and they still look a bit wrong. I would probably have to up the texture size from 128x to get better results.

Without mapping:
[attachment=4669:attachment]

With mapping:
[attachment=4668:attachment]

Some lightning added:
[attachment=4670:attachment][attachment=4671:attachment][attachment=4672:attachm
nt] Edited by fidel_

Well all models will need some extra work to handle that but the effect do look very good fidel, excelent work.

A closer look to objects would reveal more or your work, if you can post a couple of closer renders. ;)

Greetings
Red Knight

[quote name='red knight' date='Aug 14 2004, 10:23 PM']Well all models will need some extra work to handle that but the effect do look very good fidel, excelent work.

A closer look to objects would reveal more or your work, if you can post a couple of closer renders. ;)

Greetings
Red Knight
[right][post="90479"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I can't take much closer pics on the current detail level, I made the bump maps the same size as the textures, which was 128x128 in most case. I had to resort to editing the images by hand as my baked detail from actual models didn't translate too well into those small textures. I can do more high res versions of course if you want, I just need to know the max bump map resolution I can use. Edited by fidel_

[quote name='fux0r666' date='Aug 18 2004, 05:51 PM']Those living quarters look VERY good.  I really like what you have done with the place.
[right][post="91046"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

LOL