XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Organization Relations

Cornuthaum

I shoot down six UFOs. Two fast attack, one Transport, next day two Transport and an Assault (still no type 5 ufo, although I've got four assault ships by the end of week two now >_<)

Transtellar goes from Friendly to Unfriendly (2 jumps down)

Mutant Alliance goes from Allied to Neutral (2 jumps down - and I neeeeed those bug-eyed psilords!)

S.E.L.F goes from Neutral to Unfriendly (1 Jump down, couldn't care less about the tinboxes)

Extropians, Psyke, Diablo and Superdynamics go from Neutral to Unfriendly (1 Jump, and from those I only need SD anyway)

I stopped my Novice game (used it to get used to the controls and whatnot) and I'm now playing on Medium (because I liked the city layout there most and still suck in apocs TB combat - realtime vs poppers means I win, TB means I die painfully >-<), but that is -ridiculous-

Its not the FIRST time transtellar goes unfriendly to me, and buying back to neutral is ever so expensive (17k every time)

I know that Transtellar likes the aliens (someone mentioned some kind of editor with which to check that - could you -please- go and look who's best cuddlebuddy with the aliens?), but if its that bad on Medium, what is it like on hard or superhuman? one ship downed, transtellar hostile!?

>_< ... /rant.

Any advice/help?

Raiding Transtellar into obedience is not an option, neither are repeated Stun Raids on megapol to leech gear to sell for bribe money :x

:c

That my friend is the effects of collateral damage cause during the fight with the UFO. Amazing what a few damaged grav roads and a few minor dings (oh okay, obliterating large section of it) to the outside of the buildings can do (oh okay, obliterating large section of it). Also the way relations work, friends of organisations that get attacked will not look too kindly on the attacker.

Transtellar by the way is the easiest company in the game to tick off. They own the most property in the game and if the ufopaedia can be trusted they have the highest susceptability to infiltration - which I guess also translates to being more sensitive to changes in relations. Either way, they are still the fussiest organisations available.

What can you do about it? Raids will not work unless you raid the enemy of the companies that you want to get back into good standings with. But that will play havoc with the your relations with the friends of the victim company. So unless it's a generally despised organisation (gangs or the cult), raiding in general is not the answer.

Keep your shoot downs in the city to a minimum. Shoot down what you need (i.e. you need a sample of certain ships to unlock particular interdimensional ships) otherwise concentrate on the transporters only.

If you can handle the ground missions, it's also sometimes a good idea to just let the UFOs drop their payload and zip to the drop site and clear it out in one shot. This, I hate to say it, is a lot less damaging than shooting down every UFO that comes through the gates. Don't let pride get in your way - unless you're playing a tough as bolts shoot-down-everything-that-moves challenge.

By the way, as long as companies are non-hostile, you should be able to make use of their services. So don't waste your money pushing them back to allied status if you don't have the money to spend. Besides, bribing companies too much may lead you to the point where they'll start refusing your bribes, which will prevent you from paying them off when you absolutely need them. (Note, when this happens, the screen will say that they consider the aliens their "friends". This may be true shortly after they stop refusing the bribes, but you can get back into good standings with them by attacking their enemies. Unfortunately they'll keep saying that the aliens are their "friends" when you attempt to bribe them when it is clearly not the case. This is just a programming error - don't worry about it).

- NKF

Thats why I am so frustrated - I shot down the UFOs way, WAY outside of the city, where there was only polluted dirt - and two stray shots hit my OWN base (hitting the tile directly next to my soldiers tile - :x)

And if any organization short of Psyke and Diablo decides that the aliens are their friends (I use them for target practice anyway), I prefer the Carrot & Stick approach (small carrot, really, really big and explosive stick).

With other words, raid them into obedience.

Not even Nutrivend can take their Hydrofarms and shopping malls going down in flames in both battlescape and cityscape *Whistle*

Last Question: Is there a list that amounts to "Who likes Who of MegaPrimus, 2084"? With other words, if I make A go down burning, will B hate me while C wishes to kiss my toes for being such a wonderful organization?

i think all the gangs start out on neutral relations, and megapol and marsec are neutral. Megapol is unfriendly i think with all the gangs, and you start out enemies with CoS

Thats all i know, and i think its fairly accurate

Organisation relations start out pretty similar but can turn throughout the game crazy style, ive seen Megapol allied with Psyke and Diablos. Its easy to see who hates the gangs and vice versa as they do the main raiding and building attacks but the corporations are harder to find accurate relations, generally competing corportations are rivals (unfriendly not hostile) but it really can go crazy.

If your daring you can try finding out some alliances/rivals by attacking an organisation and then seeing whose relations increase and whose decrease (excluding the company your attacking, thats just obvious). You have to do it for a while to get visible results and its best to attack a safe company which you dont really mind going hostile like nutrivend, but nutrivend tend to raid you a bit more often then weaker orgs like the gravball league. Anywho once you find out who likes who you can start attacking different oganisations to suit your relations.

I have to disagree with NKF's statement saying that it doesnt matter about organisations as long as they are unhostile you can use thier services, the latter is true but the former is debatable, its highly believed that alliances with certain organisations yield benifits, some are very obvious like SELF and Mutant Alliance, allying with those two increases the number of mutants and androids you can recruit. There are some other ones as well like allying with the Gravball League gives you better human recruits but those are unconfirmed. http://web.archive.org/web/20041210073737/...com3/index.html has a list of what organisations give but this is unconfirmed as it hasnt been widely tested yet afaik.

the problem is there are different degrees in how an organization is, i believe there are 3 neutrals for example

there is friendly neutral, neutral, and unfriendly neutral before you hit friendly and unfriendly. But thats just what i've seen from midnight.

I think going unfriendly with S.E.L.F. or the Mutant Alliance makes you unable to recruit their chosen species altogether - I accidentally leveled an entire S.E.L.F. slum and they went unfriendly, and I couldnt recruit any more robots.

Fortunately for me. That spared me the tedious work of filtering them out >.<

i prefer mutants over anything - have them spend three weeks in the psi gym, then give them disruptor armor, dual shields and devastator cannons and mow down the cult for a few days to get their battle stats up to par.

and a mutant with 95 psi-defense and 85 accuracy can slaughter three psimorphs (or capture one and kill the other two) with every weapon capable of hurting psimorphs :)

but I'll try that with the gravballers now.... I love humans too, they're the best mobile infantry you can get :)

Gravballers don't necessarily make for better human recruits. Thanks to a few misplaced missiles, I was once on hostile terms with the gravballers. Didn't stop me from recruiting good humans. Human recruits are always available for hire (well, the hire pool is changed every day), and as stats are randomised, you'll always get a really mixed bunch.

Mutants and Androids however require that you stay on good terms with their respective organisations. I suppose you do have to be in better than neutral terms with them for them to allow their own recruits to show up. But even on the friendliest terms, getting new hybrids and androids to be created for the hire pool is very hard indeed until enough of them have accumulated. Getting a lot of them at once is generally a blessing.

Hmm, anyone dare to try a game while you're on neutral or unfriendly terms with SELF and the Mutant Alliance?

As for companies that offer you goods, they at least need to be in non-hostile terms or else they will not sell anything to you.

- NKF

neutral is enough to get hybrids and robots, unfriendly/hostile is not

I made a comparison - started a new game, went with neutral Mutants for a week (ignoring everything save two stun raids to keep my score evening out), then allied on sunday evening, and went the next week comparing hybrids - I can only say that most of the hybrids had -way- better stats, especially psiattack and energy :x

but ... there HAS to be an organization that allows me to recruit "above average" humans :(