11 replies to this topic

#1 tzutzy

tzutzy

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 April 2003 - 12:54 AM

This is strange... I once clicked a biotransport that was returning from a large UFO... poor transport was overloaded by more than 2000%!! (cargo showed something like: 1120/50)... :mellow: :huh: :o

Then I realised that sometimes I didn't get all the goodies from a big alien ship, so I figured this is the problem, not enough cargo space on the transporter. <_<

The large amount of equipment is justifiable as I see lots of large shields in Motherships and also lots of other stuff (UFO weapons, missiles, etc)

Ok, but having 6 cargo modules (I still want some passenger modules, shield and alien bio module on it, so 6 is best i can get) didn't solve the problem either! What to do, what to do?? :eek: :huh?: :crying:

The same thing could happen to the bio module as the Ufopaedia says it can hold 20 aliens (dear or alive)... although I never lost aliens or maybe the game didn't prompt me that there wasn't enough space for the specimens on my biotransport. :blink: :ok:

Has anyone dealt with this too?

anxiously waiting for other replies... :blink: :uh: :uhoh:
Happy alien hunting

#2 BurnThemALL

BurnThemALL

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 19 April 2003 - 04:19 PM

tzutzy this is a very interesting post, thanks for this my friend. :rolleyes:

I also had big trouble to get all cargo back from my looting missions. I use 2 cargo modules but I don't understand what this (cargo 50) means. Maybe we should try the following:
Go to raid a building with your normal ship (with the soldiers) and a ship with only cargo modules in it, maybe then we get more cargo back?!? :idea:

I have to try this. Would be great if someone can tell us about this cargo problem and it's solution. :wacko:
if there's a doubt, WIPE IT OUT...

#3 Mark0

Mark0

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 19 April 2003 - 06:08 PM

now i see why sometimes it doesnt ask me if the alians i captured will go in prison or kill them

thansk for that thread tzutzy

ill try that out and see how it will go.

#4 tzutzy

tzutzy

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 20 April 2003 - 11:44 PM

@ BurnThemAll
I never send 2 ships on a mission... can I do that? How does the computer know how to divide captured aliens/equipment between the 2 crafts supposing both have cargo and bio modules on them? :huh?:

@Mark0
That question about aliens only comes up to me when the transport comes back from alien site (when it reaches the base) and the alien containment at that base would be overcrowded. If it's empty and I bring less aliens they'll all enter the prison no matter what. :alientalk:

I was wondering if the game could prompt you just after you finished a battle and the transport doesn't have enough bio space for all those captured aliens. :blink: :wacko: .... and of course it could prompt you again once you reach the starting base (and there's not enough space in the alien containment).

I remember that in the beginning of the game I was prompted (just after the battle) that I couldn't bring aliens back from my first mission because I didn't have a bio transport at that time (the scientists were still researching that topic back at the base).
Happy alien hunting

#5 BurnThemALL

BurnThemALL

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 03:48 PM

@ BurnThemAll
I never send 2 ships on a mission... can I do that? How does the computer know how to divide captured aliens/equipment between the 2 crafts supposing both have cargo and bio modules on them?  :huh?:

2 ships on one mission works great... When I come back sometimes the looted cargo is in the other ship than the one my soldiers are in... I guess it's just a random thing, but I get back LOTS of stuff that way, this brings a LOT OF MONEY! :crazy: And LOTS of alien corpses! :crazy: :alienoooh: :crazy:

#6 Extralucas

Extralucas

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 03:21 AM

@ BurnThemAll
I never send 2 ships on a mission... can I do that? How does the computer know how to divide captured aliens/equipment between the 2 crafts supposing both have cargo and bio modules on them?  :huh?:

2 ships on one mission works great... When I come back sometimes the looted cargo is in the other ship than the one my soldiers are in... I guess it's just a random thing, but I get back LOTS of stuff that way, this brings a LOT OF MONEY! :crazy: And LOTS of alien corpses! :crazy: :alienoooh: :crazy:

What kinda of mission are you talking? As I recall first craft wchich is arriving to crashed UFO is only ship on the mission. And about problems with cargo: Maybe you should try having one transport only craft? Maybe some Annihilator with cargo space only, and few soldiers? Ofcourse if you are talking about building missions then multiple crafts are best nad rather only solution.
I'm not back. I'm just dropping by.

#7 tzutzy

tzutzy

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 05:12 AM

And about problems with cargo: Maybe you should try having one transport only craft? Maybe some Annihilator with cargo space only, and few soldiers?

Well... I for one have a Biotransport with 6 cargo modules 2 passenger modules on it ( :cussing: darn biotransport has initially only 4 passenger slots). Even if I could load the whole Transport with Cargo modules, I could only get 50 x 8 slots = 400 cargo space... which is still short of that 1120 cargo I riped off one Mothership! <_<
Biotransports have the largest equipment space possible: 32, Annihilators only have 30.

And yes, I too recall now that as soon as your ship reaches the UFO, mission automatically starts... so I guess one can't bring 2 ships on same UFO. And even 2 fully loaded biotransports couldn't take 1120 cargo! :cussing: :alienlol: :birthday: :huh?:
Happy alien hunting

#8 Extralucas

Extralucas

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 05:27 AM

I guess your 1120 cargo space is just unreachable :(. Oh well.
I'm not back. I'm just dropping by.

#9 BurnThemALL

BurnThemALL

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 05:54 PM

You both were right, I talked about raid missions on buildings or alien dimension buildings. Never thought about UFO recovery. I just discovered a transporter for ships and I'm in the process of researching it, anyone knows this? :idea:

#10 tzutzy

tzutzy

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 11:04 PM

I just discovered a transporter for ships and I'm in the process of researching it, anyone knows this?  :idea:

I'm not quite sure I know what you're talking about... :huh?: :sorry: isn't it the ship teleporter? Or is it the Biotransport?? Clueless... could you give us more details? :birthday: :eek: :uhoh: :wave: :alienlol:
Happy alien hunting

#11 BurnThemALL

BurnThemALL

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 23 April 2003 - 02:59 PM

Whoops :wacko: of course I meant the ship teleporter... :blink: O:)

#12 tzutzy

tzutzy

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 April 2003 - 11:04 PM

Well, it's supposed to teleport you randomly across the map if you're damaged too much, I never tried it, I prefer putting a weapon controls system instead. :blink: :ph34r: :huh: :rolleyes:
Happy alien hunting