XCOMUFO & Xenocide

U.S

Eric-A

I can't be sure, but you need coverage for UFO detection. That would mean at least 2 bases far enough to give you a good coverage. Doing this you will prevent aliens from "conquering" countries.

On the other hand, if you are very good at this game, I guess you can go through the game with only 1 base and destroy the Cydonian base...

The fun part about this game is that you can try some rather crazy things (within reason) - and sometimes get away with it.

One base in the US does work as long as you don't get too over-reliant on the funding from any countries lost in areas you can't cover. Or start in Europe - the large cluster of paying countries has its advantages in bigger pay bonuses each month, though the terrain types in the area are much less varied than the US.

Mainly you'll have to play while keeping in mind that you should not be too reliant on the funding countries and find some other way to finance yourself.

- NKF

Edited by NKF

The fun part about this game is that you can try some rather crazy things (within reason) - and sometimes get away with it.

One base in the US does work as long as you don't get too over-reliant on the funding from any countries lost in areas you can't cover. Or start in Europe - the large cluster of paying countries has its advantages in bigger pay bonuses each month, though the terrain types in the area are much less varied than the US.

Mainly you'll have to play while keeping in mind that you should not be too reliant on the funding countries and find some other way to finance yourself.

- NKF

Well, the single base isn't working to well, but! having 2 super soldiers via edit has it's bennies.... (EG)

- NKF

seems to me the other countries are cheap skates in this.

There's a playthrough on youtube where the player conquers Cydonia with flashlights and t-shirts. :)

what is the address link for that? I'd like to see it.

Couldn't find it by searching youtube, but found it by searching this forum. :)

This is the last part.