XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Exo2000's New Game

Exo2000

and.... what about the very limited supply of rockets you can carry? i find dual or single weilded mini launchers with 12-14 reloads in backpack with a back-up disrupter much more efficient.... but that's just me

I've taken Robo Dojo 58's Dual RLs away for the time being - he KILLED Mustang (two shots to the back) ¬¬ So he duals Dev-Cannons instead!

I tweaked the ammo count for all rocket types up to 3 so you can hold about 12, but whenever loading on the screen you always start with 1 o_O

Dangit, you're MIA for 9 days, and look! Already up to Dev/Toxin stage!

And I DEMAND THE PURPLE HEART! IF I DO NOT RECIEVE THE PURPLE HEART, I WILL HIRE THAT RECRUIT WITH THE NAME "Conrad Thomas" and make SURE he makes his way into the General Stores with several Heavy Explosives!

Right, had to get that out. Anyway, when they become available, gimme Dual Toxiguns, Medkit, Power Sword (in backpack), 2 AP grenades, 2 ST grenades, a SM grenade, and an IC grenade. Add in ~6 more clips of the latest toxin, and put me on snap-shot.

Before that happens, a Devastator will do fine.

Edited by Tsereve

Seems that HE grenades are becoming useless... I would lose them but still keep my smoke&stun ones mostly for making and clearing clouds. Up to your style, of course. Give me a shield, cloak and toxigun and a spare stun grapple in backpack for certain needs, please.

Small Shield - Not got 'em (yet)

Cloak - Being Researched, more needed

Toxigun - I think you already akimbo two and keep going through ammo quickly.

Then I guess you'll need a small workshop to produce continually toxin B. It is really good. Then it's time for me for dual toxiguns against aliens.

I wonder why you still don't have shields, they appear earlier then cloaks.

What type of armor do I have now?

I don't have shields because I keep pummelling them into obliteration....

Everyone's still got Megapol, I'm waiting on the large Q-Lab so I can research the Medium Disruptor Beam so I can research the Dimension Shield (Small) so I can research the Disruptor Troop Armour! *gasppantdeepbreath*

Current combat squad consists of about 30, constantly cycling due to injuries and not enough space in the bloody troop transport when going on missions!

No, Biotrans haven't been made yet, but as soon as I get my Large Q-Lab they will be a possibility.

I don't have shields because I keep pummelling them into obliteration....

Well, then don't be so explosive.

I'm not sure how effective are stun gas grenades in RT, but in TB they make aliens go for a nap like drunk flies.

Why don't you give Dan2 6 stun gas grenades and make him fulfill the (above) story he dreams about?

In my game is just 00:05:00 on 16th march (the game begins on 7th march, I think) and I just finished research on devastator cannons. Since I had twelve in stock, my guys received really nice gifts last night. Here I come, cult of Sirius.

I already have shields in storage, but of course, it will take a while for their research.

By the way, I see you're moderating for Xcom3, congratulations :beer:

I had the same situation with D-Guns, not QUITE as many D-Cannons though...

Unfortunately, SG grenades are less than perfect on RT, but I guess that's because some aliens require wounding before capture. I should down a UFO and arm everyone with Stun Grapples and SG 'nades XD

I should down a UFO and arm everyone with Stun Grapples and SG 'nades XD

You should keep in mind stun graples don't work on shielded aliens (if I remember right), so just smoke them in green from far away. But you can also arm everybody with toxiguns, toxin B goes through shields and as long as you don't use explosives (too much) you'll have your shields in no time.

Please, keep us alive :unsure:

I'm trying!

Megapol armour is better than I first expected, but still, if some of you guys weren't supersoldiers (as I said, Tsereve nearly got some manual plumbing, D-Cannon to the chest took about 50% of his uber health), you'd be smoking corpses, burning ashes or gibs plastered all over an Osiron Warehouse.

I'm trying!

Megapol armour is better than I first expected, but still, if some of you guys weren't supersoldiers (as I said, Tsereve nearly got some manual plumbing, D-Cannon to the chest took about 50% of his uber health), you'd be smoking corpses, burning ashes or gibs plastered all over an Osiron Warehouse.

I'm not trying to rush you or anything, but you need personal shields in order to get disruptor armor, isn't it?

If you have time, I'd like to hear about more heroic deeds from any soldier, if possible. And I hope they're done against aliens :Leek:

Stun gas does wonders in real-time. There's never enough on sale, I often find.

One other option is to brain them until they're unconcious. Eh, I mean mind stun them with the benders. Or if you're really good, mind control the alien, have it give you the shield, then do away with it in any way you please (normally through a simultaneous drop of all of its boomeroids on blast-on-impact).

Once you have a shield sample, I suggest nominating someone to rush to the exit with it and leave the battlefield. Then, no matter how the mission progresses, you'll definitely get your sample once the mission is over.

- NKF

P. S: If they're already up to devestators, you'd better get shields fast. Entropy launchers aren't too far away.

Edited by NKF

Yeah, but we're sporting more Devastators than they are... besides, they barely get a few milliseconds out of the UFO doors... I'm not too worried about Entropy Launchers in tight rooms/corridors as they might have a good turning circle, but it's very wide.

Stun gas does wonders in real-time. There's never enough on sale, I often find.

One other option is to brain them until they're unconcious. Eh, I mean mind stun them with the benders.

- NKF

I get a pretty good supply of stun gas grenades from the cult in the first week, like 100 of them, which last up to the end of the game. From the second week, though, I cannot find them there anymore.

I tried once to hire a sectoid with pretty good mind skills, but when he used in the first day a mind bender, he wasn't even able to read a cultist. If one day I become more patient, after how many days of mind training I'll be able to use a sectoid mind abilities to stun humans in the cult of Sirius?

I tend to go through my stun grenades quite fast, so a 100 might not last too long. Later in the game my use of stun grenades falls off considerably.

Psi powers don't happen overnight, unfortunately. You need to invest in a few weeks of continuous training to see any results. Months preferably.

The best way to do this is either leave the hybrid at home to train continuously and never go out on any missions, or send the hybrid out on missions, but make absolutely sure the hybrid does not lose any health - as training can only happen at the end of the day when the trainee is at full health (otherwise the med-lab is used instead). This way you can boost all the other stats as well, except strength. But once you've got good psi powers, they are incredibly useful. Not as useful as in the first two games, but useful enough to give you an occasional edge.

For the purposes of this game, I think a month or two of inactivity wouldn't really be beneficial, would it?

- NKF

Edited by NKF

Psi powers don't happen overnight, unfortunately. You need to invest in a few weeks of continuous training to see any results. Months preferably.

For the purposes of this game, I think a month or two of inactivity wouldn't really be beneficial, would it?

- NKF

So it's that slow, huh?! No wonder I never had the patience. In two months I'm pretty much close to finish the game, anyway. And yes, of course I save, that's why they put the button there, isn't it? Not that I reload too much, maybe when they shoot themselves in the foot with high explosive or start dancing in circles when I send them 10 metres ahead, but I think I reload about 3 times per mission, not enough to make the mission a painful task

I've never reloaded a mission yet, but I did go back in time to make sure I didn't lose most of you in that first Osiron raid ;)

You can go back in time in RT? Do you have to reload anything or just turn the clock? In a way, battles between my airships and UFOs are RT, but I have to reload if I don't like how the battle goes.

Anyway, I imagined you're not reloading, otherwise you wouldn't even have wounded soldiers. I'm still waiting for a nice heroic story, even a tiny one. I mean it's nice you named your soldiers with our names, but it would be even nicer if I would know what those soldiers are doing. I guess you're too busy :Tantrum:

Once we get to alien buildings (and crash sites, and raids on hostile organizations), gimme a Toxigun in one hand, 6 clips of the latest toxin, a couple of stun grenades, (later replace with alien gas), a Medikit, and. . .

EVERY GROUP OF 4 SPACES FILLED WITH A VORTEX MINE!

Let the games begin. . .

-Burn_Them_All

I've boosted the power of HE Packs and Vee-Mines significantly... ;)

V-Mines do 250 compared to the weak old 180, which was barely 30 more than the demo pack, which is bumped from 150 to 200. :D

Mmm, explosiveness.