XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Xp Tactical Issue

I got the game to work on my XP and everything seemed fine. That was untill I went on a bloody mission and every time I get into the tactical part my mouse didappers and it locks up and returns me to windows. I have done everything that I could have thought of to fix it and everything I have found on the net. NOthuing works if some one else has found this problem and solved any help would be nice.

You can email me at [email protected] if you have any advice.

have you tried all steps from the 'apoc works win2k' thread? Where did you get apoc from, if you downloaded it, it might be corrupt, if you have the CD, it could be damaged :)

try running without sound

Edited by j'ordos

• 5 months later...

Heya. I have a problem with tactical missions as well. I think I have everything installed right (xcom3crk, svga patches, VDMSound and mouse2kv are in, I'm using an install from my Apoc CD) since it works up to the point before I click for a tactical mission. I then briefly see the loading screen "Don't Get Hurt" and then I've got a black screen with no controls or anything, at which point I've no choice to go back to Windows and close it down :P

I've tried running without the sound and the mouse fix so far, I'm pretty sure I can't get the game to work without the other fixes installed but I'll give it a try. Anyone have any suggestions? :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest_Onyx_*
Just FYI, I tried running through DOSBox, but the result is the same when I try and go on a mission.  I'm not sure what else to try at this point.

Luckily I've managed to get TFTD running in DOSBox, which is nice ;)

Hey, man, I got the same problem. I see Dont get hurt and then get if-you-see-Kayed, fallen into windows. I think a have configured xcom the right way, but this problem occurs. I tried nearly everything. Maybe we should do some research... What OS and graphics, sound card do you have? I have WinXP, NVidia Vanta ( :Old: ) and SB Live... We must make it functional, this game is very good piece... :WTF: