XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Elerium And How It Works

Guest drewid

Guest drewid
This theory is based on boundary physics. It draws on quantum effects and theoretical so-called over unity devices, which actually don’t produce energy from nothing, but in fact pick up background energy. I can write it up properly with –real- references, like a proper scientific paper. A lot of it is culled from here.
[url="http://www.totse.com/en/fringe/free_energy/zpe.html"]http://www.totse.com/en/fringe/free_energy/zpe.html[/url]

But also from other scraps of theory from all over. It's probably rubbish, but if you talk rubbish with a certain amount of confidence then you can get away with it :)

we had a post about this a while back and we discussed all kinds of ideas related to how energy could be produced in large amounts from relatively small amounts of material -- our efforts resulted in lots of ideas that *could* work (could being a very bad word to describe it, since they were completely theoretical and lacking any real scientific evidence to back them up) however, our final solution was that since its alien material, alien technology, and we stole it no less; if we just come up with some brief explainations and play god (say it is so) then the people won't be caught up in the logistics and will enjoy the game just as much as if we used plausible technologies (heck, our interceptor could use PDE's and vectored thrust and be almost as fast and maneuverable as alien ships -- if we wanted we could eliminate the need for alien tech by just researching those further) See the point? As long as we don't say/do something completely off the wall, common sense saying it can't be so, we won't receive hate mail for making up a few technologies.

Oh, btw, I'm not detracting from the post at all -- that sounds like a great explaination for why it works the way it does -- it somewhat sounds reminisce of the energy used in Apoc. (the energy is drawn from the alien dimension). Good work.

Guest drewid
It was me getting a bit carried away looking for possible alian propulsions. :D

I did a few searches expecting to find a bunch of crackpot theories and actually found a few real physicists researching this kind of stuff.

I found a reference to Andre Sakarhov's comment about how gravity could be a secondary effect rather than a force in itself. Then I found this paper, and other stuff that Nasa is researching. (jump drive anyone?:D theoretically possible if gravity is a residue effect or a gravitometric force.)

I just like to to this sort of research just for my own background interest, It might affect how things are designed ( Like the Alien craft wouldn't need exhaust ports or intakes for instance) or even suggest other gameplay elements.

Guest stewart
[quote name='drewid' date='Apr 13 2003, 07:27 PM']but if you talk rubbish with a certain amount of confidence then you can get away with it :)[/quote]
I think that's called . . . .
Star Trek as a matter of fact.

All that matters infact is that it sounds good and is @ least 1% based in reality. Since we mensioned it take Star Trek for instance and say the Romulans. They say their ships are powered by using a singularity (small portable black hole -not to be confused with the Bugs Bunny portable hole; I loved that cartoon BTW). So basically they're talking about Hawking Radiation, which is a known phenomenon. Of course on close inspection this idea is absurd but it SOUNDS good and that's all you need.

Guest stewart
BTW Mav it looks the thread with our whimsical dance @ the quantum ball has shall we say winked out of existance. Doh. there were some good ideas there.

Note to moderators and up, please remember to use the alien containment forum for condemned threads rather than deleting outright.