XCOMUFO & Xenocide

CTD - Morlock

Aosar

[quote]j'ordos has got the idea. I think its just the way you word it that makes it feel wrong. Make it more passive.[/quote]

:D Great, I get to keep it! Well, I'll get to work then... Ooh! :idea: How about that the family of a fallen warrior get's the flesh of that warrior to eat in a feast?!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I won't make them cannibals, but they will get a trophy of their fallen one...

"The life of a Muton soldier is dictated by a code of honor. To this code the Mutons start to adapt from a very young age. Such things as fleeing the field of battle without the order of retreat is seen as a capital crime and is expected to be punished. The punishment is usually death, however the punishment is expected to be performed by the code braker him/herself and only if he/she is willing. But those who choose not to perform the ritual suicide are damned to a life of outcast.

A Muton warrior's status is shown by the amount of trophies
he/she has collected from enemies. Trophies are usually a part
of the enemy's body, bones are favoured due to the fact that
they do not decay. Bone trophies are also usually crafted into luxury items, weapons or armor, eg. a skull might be made into a ritual mask and leg bones into handles for weapons, fingers into jevelry, etc.

Also notable about the Mutons is the fact that in their society - or the reminants of that - there is no discrimination between sexes. Women fight along side the men."

I'm considering mentioning how in some Muton legends; a great Muton warrior refused to take orders from the Elerians and died as a martyr. Also that the Mutons don't make their prey suffer and that the Mutons regard any thing that is made of flesh "prey..."

Well, I definedly am going to mention that the Mutons eat human flesh, that goes without saying, but I am also conserned that if I mention the legend that I mentioned it will have a undesired effect on the text... But I will simply not allow the Mutons be beasts that torture, it doesn't fit the image I'm greating, cruelty would interfere with the primary objectives of the Muton race... Edited by Aosar

[quote name='Aosar' date='Aug 16 2003, 11:11 PM']Well, I definedly am going to mention that the Mutons eat human flesh, that goes without saying...[/quote]
It does? :huh?: I disagree.

[quote name='Aosar' date='Aug 16 2003, 11:11 PM']But I will simply not allow the Mutons be beasts that torture, it doesn't fit the image I'm greating, cruelty would interfere with the primary objectives of the Muton race[/quote]
Who said they should torture?

[quote]It does? I disagree.[/quote]

Well they did in the original, didn't they?

Edit: Checked from xcomufo and they did consume "raw flesh of any kind..."

Hmm, maybe that they like I said, consider anything made of flesh a walking dinner, barring the alien overlords and other Mutons... Edited by Aosar

[quote name='Aosar' date='Aug 16 2003, 11:20 PM'][quote]It does? I disagree.[/quote]
Well they did in the original, didn't they?

Edit: Checked from xcomufo and they did consume "raw flesh of any kind..."

Hmm, maybe that they like I said, consider anything made of flesh a walking dinner, barring the alien overlords and other Mutons... [/quote]
Ewwwwwww. :puke:

If it was in the original, all the more reason not to use it. :huh:

Overmind's birth control policies?
Lack of sexual activity increases Muton's frustraton and thereby aggression?
Mutons are 'grown' in artificial wombs, and subjected to several treatments to raise their resistance to adverse environments and such (like the Delta and Epsilon in Huxley's 'Brave New World'?

For the engineer part, you could say that they contributed: Alien melee weapon (plasma sword I hope.) Or that the Alien battleship was either designed by muton engineers or the overmind took the idea from some muton spaceship similar to the bship.

Nah, I don't really like the idea that mutons are grown in tubes. It makes sense, but it doesn't seem to fit in well with their new description.

I agree with that, it's just that I was trying to come up with a reason why they're neutered, and if they're grown they have no need for reproductive organs :D

But the original said they're neutered, we don't have to follow that to the letter of course.

I don't wanna imagine a Muton pumpin anything thank u, lets maintain the dignity of the board eh? :)

Well, we wouldn't know why they are neutered, we would just know they are. Then, in the Interrorgation, it should just say it is a ritual they have, after they have 1 kid they are neutered.

I doubt that all the Mutons would be neutered at the same age, there would be a steady flow of em growin to the age 2 mate, and what are the odds of all Mutons under 14 dying at the same time? :huh?:

I'd say the chances of all Mutons [u]above[/u] the required age would die are higher :devillaugh:

Where's that heavy plasma :plasma: ?

Only the warrior caste neutered might be allright, but do we include navigators and engineers with them? If not, there's also Muton's on earth that aren't neutered. Edited by j'ordos

Basicly I considered any muton who was allowed to go to earth (mars too) was a warrior as I imagined cydonia as a sort of advance base. Then once the aliens have wiped the earth clean of the human scourge, they will call for their colonists. Just an idea.

[quote]Nah, I don't really like the idea that mutons are grown in tubes. It makes sense, but it doesn't seem to fit in well with their new description.[/quote]

That in a way is the point, the neureration isn't really all that necessary. It is just normal procidure. <_< With maybe a hint of underlying Freudic meaning. :devillaugh: I meant it to be a testament of the alien overlords cruelty and calculativeness. They want total and utter control over their troops. Sex would interfere with that, because it could lead into the Mutons having closer ties. Family ties to be exact. I imagine that would lead into unwanted psycological effects.

[quote]If not, there's also Muton's on earth that aren't neutered.[/quote]

Hmm, I wonder. In a alien colony on earth, there could be a Muton cloning phasility(sp?)... V1+ tho...

[quote]Well, what would this cloning facility do? I mean, you cant clone and educate mutons in 3 seconds, that takes months-years.[/quote]

True, true...

[quote]Would it let you clone mutons? I don't think I like that idea.[/quote]

Uh, in an [i]alien colony[/i]. A cloning facility in a alien colony, Corporal([well okay, colonel :LOL: ]sp?)... Edited by Aosar

Yes but I was thinking that you could pack it up and ship it to your base.

OffTopic warning!!: I was just watching this b-grade movie, and they had a vtol helicopter that looked a lot like our skyranger! of course, theirs looked more in porportion and had missiles and other nice weapons.

My idea was more like; the liberation of the Muton race... With a twist, you come across a bunch of Mutons, but these Mutons are really young and haven't been neutered. Then you have a choice, to either slay the alien scum or liberate the innocent muton children...

[quote]OffTopic[/quote]
:angry:
Hey! Me too!

It's strange, but it seems that if I drink juice from a wine goblet it tastes better than if I drink it from a mug... Am I a snob? Or just lame? Edited by Aosar

I like that. Moral choices add depth to the game.
Maby we, as uh I think it was simaldeff suggested, we have different endings based on moral decisions?

Edit: everything tastes better when drunk from a wine gobblet. Edited by Cpl. Facehugger

Okay, I'll post here for two reasons, to make the aqusition of my Muton text easier and to make it again rice to the top of topics, so that when I actually come up with something new more people will see it, or something... Anyways here's what I have so far...

Note: this version is "raw," meaning it still has to go trough spellcheking and few other changes...

I like it.

But you should think of what technology the Mutons contribute to the alien war machine. (what engineers tell you origins of certain weapon)

I was thinking like, blaster launcher (mutons like BIG guns), or the battleship (ditto ships), or possibly alien grenades (mutons most tactically inclined of all aliens)

Thats what I thought. Or maby they had some tech, but assimilated the rest of it from their conquests.

Edit: Overlords in genral tend to be lazy sobs anyway. ;) Edited by Cpl. Facehugger

I've read through this entire thread in one sitting in reference to the model concepts for the Muton. One of the concepts has the muton with a respirator/mask of sorts, could the CT for the Mutons explain that their air is of a different composition than ours, not enough to kill them, but the respirator helps them perform better? It's part of their gear for earth missions perhaps. I'm not asking that this be added, just what people think of it as a possibility. The repirator doesn't have to be surgically fixed, it could be a strap on instead.

There might need to be some type of chemical that is given to them to supplement testosterone or their equivalent. Without it they'd become relatively passive and less agressive. Their masters give them daily doses perhaps, and before battle they get a massive injection to incite battle rage. The current text Aosar has states that they start to show phyche deterioration during captivity. This could also be due to lack of chemical injections. Maybe the medic research would tell you about this.

:idea: And then we could research estrogen guns to defeat them! :D

Inspiration! I was just stuck by it and I made the first chapter of the Engineer Muton entry...

"[Engineer]
The Mutons wear a specially crafted enviorment suit, a design apparrently originally made by the Mutons themselves, to survive the first faltering steps into the void of space. These faltering steps theoretically roused the alien overlords interest on the Mutons, but these speculations are however tetriary. The suit - greatly improved by the alien overlords technology - has a powerful exoskeleton enchansing the streght and speed of the wearer in addition to the superior protection it offers. The exoskeleton also features a respirator mask, the mask is removable. To allow the Mutons to satiate their natural need of meat."

• 2 weeks later...
great, only thing is

"the mask is removable. To allow the Mutons to satiate their natural need of meat."

The dot after removeable should be cleared.

"Shortly after a Muton is mutilated, the Elerians step in to..."

Elerians?

there are also a few [sp?] after them.

Else its good :)

[quote]The dot after removeable should be cleared.[/quote]

Dun...

[quote]there are also a few [sp?] after them.[/quote]

Gone...

[quote]Elerians?[/quote]

Etherians, Ammonites, freaks in cloaks that end up on the wrong(or right) end of my plasma gun...

good :), but overlords would suit better, as those come before etherials.

but we could just give them their real name as those should mutons know ;)

Actually the focus of the text relies on those 'prejudicaial' terms - as you call them...
It is based on the fact that the alien overlords consider their living minions little more valued than the machinery in their disposal. The text is supposed to instill the 'superior' ethics of humanity. And perhaps remind us that cruelty is too an human trait...

You could spoonfeed the audience with your heavy handed rhetoric or you could tone it down and allow the audience to be shocked at the premises illustrated in a more scientific paper.

I find that political scientists very rarely ever write: "Those Red Commies in the USSR in the eighties were stupid and cruel and they mutilated their populace with moronic economical practices made by idiots."

[quote]You could spoonfeed the audience with your heavy handed rhetoric or you could tone it down and allow the audience to be shocked at the premises illustrated in a more scientific paper.[/quote]

NO! That is the wrong aswer! The right answer is; "Yes, ofcourse, Lord Aosar, as you wish... And could you give me you bank account number so I can offer you absurd amounts of money!" :devillaugh:

Well, howabout instead of "Shortly after a Muton is mutilated,..."; "Shortly after a Muton is operated upon,..." or "Shortly after a Muton recoveres from the 'operation',..." ?

Edit: That "Lord Aosar" sounds nice, maybe I should make that my nick from now on... :LOL: Edited by Aosar

I've just read the text and I do like most of it. A few pointers though, don't lock down details like the respirator mask until its been decided whether the models will have them or not. Same goes for any physical description as it is liable to change, though an gorilla type build isn't too far off if you remember the original muton.

Fuxor, I'm not sure why you think a scientist wouldn't use a medical term such as mutilated especially as it is the word that fits so well. I don't know about you but I'd definitely feel mutilated if my genitals were ripped off.

Sometimes its more important to get the feeling across over and above using the correct terms and remember that it is a game we're making, not an autops report ;)

Hmm, yeah, but it should have a feeling that it was written by a scientist, not necessarily using big words 2 impress but scientists do tend 2 stay neutral in their reports, afterall they only state fact not their opinion on it. I don't personally mind mutiliated but the idea of using words in general that are void of emotion seems 2 fit my thinking of a scientist report and I know bugger all about science :) Unless I am wrong of cause.

Mutilated is a prejudicial term, not a scientific term. Is breast reduction surgery a mutilation or a beneficial proceedure? Is neutering your pets a behavioural enhancement, a humane means of population control, or a brutal maiming?

Whether the Mutons feel mutilated or not would depend on how their society is intertwined with the Sectoids. I would guess that the mutons themselves have no society and that they are manufactured to fulfill a need for autonomous weapons platforms. I would guess they are 'mutilated' so that the sectoids have more control over their hormonal states, and so that they don't have any mutons in the population that are not specifically selected for soldier traits that fit their niche in the military.

I would tend to use words more like, 'radical organ replacement/removal,' 'extreme surgical practices,' 'irreversible alteration,' 'crude vivisection/extraction,' to provoke the wanted bias in the reader.

Breast reduction surgery is a mutilation! Women's breasts can never be to big!

And neutering is a humane means of pop control.

I must say I like aosar's idea of mutons better than yours fux0r, but don't take that the wrong way, as I like my aliens to have a actual society and background, not just "this is muton 109, He is an autonomous weapons platform, he has no mind, no society, and he is totally obident.

Didn't think of that, u ave a point

Edit: In reference 2 Facehugger's point: Thing is that a scientific report isn't the place 4 these things. Quotes from Soldiers in the file should help give this image but the actual report should be clinical IMO. Edited by Jim69