XCOMUFO & Xenocide

CTD - Morlock

Aosar

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Cpl. Facehugger' date='Sep 8 2003, 08:34 PM']Its ok, no reason to get angry...
Your concept is still good, but I just dont like it. :([/quote]
? I think u posted in wrong topic m8, or I am confused

• 1 month later...
Holy shite! I never would have guessed Mutons would have had such fervent discussion while I was gone! |)amn! Well, it looks good, I don't think any modifications that have been mentioned could make it suck at this point. But totally focus on the brutal aspects of Muton culture, [i]including[/i] cannibalism! Make them eat humans and each other, heck, that's what alien food is, remember? A bunch of humans and some cows for flavor. Good work!

- Fred

• 4 weeks later...
Well, I got off my lazy butt - well, I'm still sitting - and came up with something. I'll try to catch up a bit and be more active again.

Here is a little more of the Muton autopsy...

"The Muton bone-structure appears to be nano-mechanically reinforced and altered. To increase manuverability, hardness and to allow the exoskeleton to function better. Small alterations have been noticed in the muscle tissue of the Mutons, but apparrently the Mutons are naturally strong enough for the Alien overlords. In fact with the reinforced bones the Mutons can teoretically lift roughly twice their own body weight. Even more with correct exercise.

The Muton genome seems to be void of any tampering, or atleast none visible to your knowledge of genetic engineering. The Muton body, however has been drastically altered by cybernetic means. Ranging from the senses to the internal organs, little of the Muton body remains untouched. The Muton cardiovascular(sp?) system for instance relies entirely upon a cybernetic "heart" that allows a more efficient bloodflow and is less wounerable than a organic "heart." The digestive- and the respitory-systems has been augmented to vistand extreme, maybe even toxic enviorments. In summary the alterations have made a already formitable opponent a superb fighting machine cabable to operate in nearly any condition."

Edit: :blink: wha? Edited by Aosar

[quote]Other than various grammar and spelling problems, are the mutons going to have an exoskeleton?[/quote]

Possibly an artificial one, an organic one, I dowd it. But then again since the Muton are connected with the cryssalid it would be appropriate.

Mutons are connected with Etherials, Celatids, and Sillacoids.
Here is the breakdown:
Sectoid-cyberdisk
Floater-reaper
Snakeman-Chryssalids (Evil Crabs)
Mutons- Celatids, Sillacoids, Etherials (in story, not in game)
Etherials- Sectopods, Mutons (in story)
Cydonia Brain- All aliens

I beleive that (story wise, at least) Silicoids are no longer associated with mutons. SInce silicoids are the origin of alien alloys, I think they may be found in all bases (but only in bases).

Celetids are still associated with mutons. See the celetid concept thread for details.

IIRC, in the original, the mutons had a 'soft' exoskelton rather than carapace-style armoring . Their skin was reinforced with a thin mesh of alien alloy in the endoderm (the basal skin layer).

If you go that route, it maight make a story-line conenction between the SIlicoids and the Mutons. SInce the alien alloys are partially silicoid, they contains silicoid DNA. Any autopsy of a Muton will find both muton and SIlicoid DNA floating about.

-The Captain

edit: further thoughts Edited by Cpt. Boxershorts

• 5 months later...
Okay, a wee bit of necromancy and ta-dah! Topic revival...

I removed all(or atleast all I noticed) "mutons" from my text and replaced them with the apropriate Morlock...

I'll upload it in just a minute in the correct format, that is if open-office can export it in such...

Edit: And here it is. You know this is the best piece of work I have ever done, but I don't know if you should be impressed or sad about it...

Edit2: Aand it didn't let me upload it, so I RAR'd it... zip would be better?

Edit3: I gave up and uploaded the TXT instead

Edit4: away with the old, in with the new, names that is... Edited by Aosar

• 3 weeks later...
Hello,
good job re the morlock write-up. I don't know weather this thread is still active, but I'll give my thougths anyway..
Besides the spelling/grammer problems:
Soldier: I assume that the player will get to see psi in action before researching the first morlock soldier, otherwise it being mentioned will be a bit odd. Also the 'masters controling them' bit should be elaborated..'they sometimes look up/scratch their head in containment, as if trying to listen for something/orders...'
Programming department should also implement the 'deterioration of captive morlocks' so they die after some time in containment.

just some thoughts.. I've just blitzed through the document, don't have time now to do a complete read;)

you mised a single Mut, in the soldier/all part.

i don't think you should go in with "psychic programming". Programming sounds nice, but not the psy part, drop it.

woooops, do i see "elerian" in the medic part. Edited by mikker

Okay, slight changes and we are now on our own territory 100 %

[quote]If no commands are received - the commands are speculated to be issued psionically - the "programming" starts a cycle that will eventually lead the Morlock to coma and death. An effective method of control over such a powerful minion.[/quote]

[quote]Shortly after a Morlock is mutilated, the [i]Cloaks[/i] step in to use the shock and trauma caused by the procedure to strip Morlock in question of his/her independence. While this could easily be done while the Morlock is still an infant, would it lead to unwanted lack of initiative and passiveness.[/quote] Edited by Aosar

• 5 months later...
[quote name='Judge_Deadd' date='Nov 4 2004, 04:37 AM'][quote]would it lead to unwanted lack of initiative and passiveness.[/quote]

It probably should be "[b]it would[/b] lead to unwanted lack of initiative and passiveness."
[right][post="99155"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
[/quote]

Please refrain from replying in completed entries, these will not be modified for other than proofreading. Thank you for your cooperation :rolleyes: .

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
[color="red"]CURRENT TEXT - STANDARD FORM[/color]

MORLOCK

The first fact collected from the field reports about these 'Morlocks' is their great prowess in battle. They seem able to shrug off major damage without care, as if bullets are no more of a danger than drops of rain. Those extremely few who have escaped their attack claim that the Morlocks can rip clean off a grown man's arm and break trough locked doors without so much as sweat.

However, despite their ape like appearance they are quite intelligent and cunning on the battlefield. Their tactics and maneuvers rival those of the X-Coprs elite soldiers. Outside of the battlefield the situation is however totally different, the Morlocks seem to only rest and train while in captivity. There is little to none social activity not related to training and warfare. It seems that if these creatures ever had a civilization of their own, it is totally gone now. They are more like machines of war, than a sentient specie.

After lengthened periods of consciousness within the X-Corps base, the Morlock psyche seems to begin showing signs of acute deterioration. It seems that these creatures are psionically "programmed" to receive commands from their masters from time to time. If no commands are received - the commands are speculated to be issued psionically - the "programming" starts a cycle that will eventually lead the Morlock to coma and death. An effective method of control over such a powerful minion.

Morlocks don't know much about their planet, but some knowledge the alien overlords have allowed Morlocks to retain. Apparently the Morlock home world is a harsh, jet beautiful place - at least according to Morlock beauty standards. The Morlock - despite being the sentient specie - are not on the top of the food chain, this leaded to a highly combative society of hunters and warriors.
The location of the Morlock home world and its current state is however taboo among the aliens and those who - in the eyes of the overlords - take unnecessary interest in it, are seldom heard from again. It is theorized that the Morlock home world is still free of the grasp of the overlords.

The Morlocks wear a specially crafted environment suit, a design apparently originally made by the Morlocks themselves, to survive the first faltering steps into the void of space. These faltering steps theoretically roused the alien overlords interest on the Morlocks, but these speculations are however tetriary. The suit - greatly improved by the alien overlords technology - has a powerful exoskeleton enchanting the strength and speed of the wearer in addition to the superior protection it offers. The exoskeleton also features a respirator mask, the mask is removable to allow the Morlocks to satiate their natural need of meat.

Apparently the Morlocks are a race of pack-hunting predators. The hunt has, or rather had, great social and religious meaning in the Morlocks society. Apparently the Morlocks hunted their prey without weapons and ate the flesh raw. While the Morlock refused to reveal any more information on the Morlock society, he or she or it, did tell us how the Morlocks are "optimized" for battlefield and to obey the overlords.

It is clear even from a quick observation that the Morlocks have no reproductive organs. These, the medic reveals, are removed. And while technically it could be called surgically, it is apparent that no such carefulness is given to the operation. The operation takes place in the Morlocks puberty and is carried out without any anesthetics. The overlords, it seems, wish the operation to show the Morlocks their place. The operation is performed by Medics from the other races, however the assignment to neuter the Morlocks is used as a punishment for the medical troops and torturing the Morlocks in a fit of anger is not unheard of...

Shortly after a Morlock is mutilated, psionists step in to use the shock and trauma caused by the procedure to strip Morlock in question of his/her independence. While this could easily be done while the Morlock is still an infant, would it lead to unwanted lack of initiative and passiveness.

The subject has told us one of the many legends that the Morlocks apparently pass along by oral tradition. Varying from legend to legend the alien Overlords are portrayed either as benevolent Gods or as malicious demons and in a few legends the portrait of the aliens is more accurate, as they are not gods, but slavers from beyond...

The life of a Morlock soldier is dictated by a code of honor. To this code the Morlocks start to adapt from a very young age. Such things as fleeing the field of battle without the order of retreat is seen as a capital crime and is expected to be punished. The punishment is usually death, however the punishment is expected to be performed by the code breaker him/herself and only if he/she is willing. But those who choose not to perform the ritual suicide are damned to a life of outcast.

A Morlock warrior's status is shown by the amount of trophies he/she has collected from enemies. Trophies are usually a part of the enemy's body, bones are favored due to the fact that they do not decay. Bone trophies are also usually crafted into luxury items, weapons or armor, eg. a skull might be made into a ritual mask and leg bones into handles for weapons, fingers into jewelry, etc.

Also notable about the Morlocks is the fact that in their society - or the remnants of that - there is no discrimination between sexes. Women fight along side the men. It is left to speculation is this equality forcefully added later by the overlords or an original aspect of Morlock life...

Actually, the text has been slightly modified by the X-Net Proofreading Taskforce, those trophies are a part of what the Morlock society used to be before being taken over by the Overmind, so the models are most likely to be just them in their suits. :)

• 5 weeks later...
MORLOCK
X-Net://Pegasus.net/Alien/Species/Morlock

The most important information collected from the field reports about these 'Morlocks' is their great prowess in battle. They seem able to shrug off major damage without a care, as if bullets were no more of a danger than drops of rain to them. Those operatives who have escaped a Morlock attack claim that these Aliens can rip a grown man's arm clean off and break through locked doors without so much as breaking a sweat.

However, despite their ape-like appearance, they are quite intelligent and cunning on the battlefield. The quality of their tactics and maneuvers rival those of the X-Corps elite soldiers. However, outside the battlefield, the situation is totally different. The Morlocks, while in captivity, do nothing but to rest and train. They exhibit little or no social activity not related to training and warfare. It seems that if these creatures ever had a civilization of their own, it is totally gone now. They resemble war-machines rather than a sentient species.

After long periods of consciousness within the base, the Morlock psyche begins to show signs of acute deterioration. It seems as if these creatures were psionically "programmed" to receive commands from their masters from time to time. If no commands are received – which are speculated to be issued psionically - the "programming" starts a cycle that eventually leads the Morlock to enter a state of coma, which invariably leads the creature to its death; an effective method of control over such a powerful minion.

The subject does not appear to know much about its home-world, the location being completely unknown to it, it only knows – or is only willing to share - about the landscapes and general aspects of its life. Apparently its home-world is a harsh, yet beautiful place - at least according to Morlock beauty standards. The Morlocks - despite being the only sentient species on the planet- are not on the top of the food chain, this led to a highly aggressive civilization of hunters-warriors.
The current status of their home-world is unknown to them, or so it claims, the interrogation has provided us with small and vague clues that the planet remains outside the main Star-Spawn force’s reach, thus we can speculate that there are Morlocks out there that could be treated with, without the necessity of a loaded rifle and a handful of grenades as the only possible way.

The Morlocks wear a specially crafted environment suit, a design apparently originally made by the Morlocks themselves, to survive the first faltering steps into the void of space. The suit - greatly improved by the Star-Spawn’s technology - has a powerful exoskeleton, which enhances the strength and speed of the wearer in addition to the superior protection it offers. The exoskeleton also features a respirator mask; the mask is removable to allow the Morlocks to satiate their natural need of meat and re-hydration.

Apparently, the Morlocks are a species of pack-hunting predators. The hunt has, or rather has had, great social and religious meaning in their society. Apparently the Morlocks hunted their prey without weapons and ate the flesh raw. While the subject refused to reveal any more information on the Morlock society, he or she or it did tell us how they are "optimized" for battlefield and to serve the Star-Spawn.

The life of a Morlock warrior was dictated by a code of honor. The creatures started to adapt to this code from a very young age. Such things as fleeing the battlefield without the order of withdrawal were seen as capital crimes and were severely punished. The penalty was usually death; however, it was expected to be performed by the code breaker itself and only if it was willing to do so. But those who chose not to perform the ritual suicide were damned to a life of outcast. This aspect of the Morlock life is inexistence nowadays, in the Alien forces there are no outcasts; those found inadequate to perform its duties in the Alien horde are executed without hesitation.

A Morlock warrior's status was shown by the amount of trophies it has collected from enemies. Trophies are usually a part of the enemy's body; bones are favored due to the fact that they do not decay. Bone trophies are also usually crafted into luxury items, weapons or armor, for example a skull might be made into a ritual mask and leg bones into handles for weapons, fingers into jewelry, etc.
It is possible that the Morlock society which remains in their home-planet still fits to this description.

It is clear even from a quick observation that the Morlocks have no reproductive organs. These, the creature reveals, are removed; and while technically it could be called surgically, it is apparent that no such carefulness is given to the operation. The operation takes place in the Morlocks' puberty and is carried out without any anesthetics. The Star-Spawn, it seems, wish the operation to show the Morlocks their place. The operation is performed by Medics from the other species, the assignment to castrate the Morlocks, however, is used as a punishment for the medical troops and torturing the Morlocks in a fit of anger is not unheard of. Shortly after a Morlock is mutilated, psionics step in to use the shock and trauma caused by the procedure to strip the creature in question of its independence. While this could easily be done while the Morlock is still an infant, it would lead to unwanted lack of initiative and passiveness.

The subject has told us one of the many legends that the Morlocks apparently pass along by oral tradition. Varying from legend to legend, the Star-Spawn are portrayed either as benevolent Gods or as malicious demons and in a few legends the portrait of the Alien Star-Spawn is more accurate, as they are not gods, but slavers from beyond. Any attempts to question the creature of the true nature of the so-called Star-Spawn has always the same result, an incessant repetition of cryptic Morlock legends, and if pressed into providing more information, the subject enters a catatonic state and mutters more cryptic phrases, usually incoherent.

Also notable about the Morlocks is the fact that in their society - or the remnants of it - there is no discrimination between sexes. Women fight along side the men. It is left to speculation whether this equality was forcefully added later by the Star-Spawn or is an original aspect of Morlock civilization.

"That dude that had the time machine, you know, the one in the H.G. Wells book, I bet he never had it this bad. Heck, at least those guys were somewhat human....."
- Dr. James Idaho – Research Division

• 1 year later...

Proofread by Zombie

MORLOCK

The most important information collected from the field reports about these 'Morlocks' is their great prowess in battle. They seem able to shrug off major damage without a care, as if bullets were no more of a danger than drops of rain to them. Those operatives who have escaped a Morlock attack claim that these Aliens can rip a grown man's arm clean off and break through locked doors without so much as breaking a sweat.

However, despite their ape-like appearance, they are quite intelligent and cunning on the battlefield. The quality of their tactics and maneuvers rival those of the X-Corps elite soldiers. However, outside the battlefield, the situation is totally different. The Morlocks, while in captivity, do nothing but to rest and train. They exhibit little or no social activity not related to training and warfare. It seems that if these creatures ever had a civilization of their own, it is totally gone now. They resemble war-machines rather than a sentient species.

After long periods of consciousness within the base, the Morlock psyche begins to show signs of acute deterioration. It seems as if these creatures were psionically "programmed" to receive commands from their masters from time to time. If no commands are received (which are speculated to be issued psionically) the "programming" starts a cycle that eventually leads the Morlock to enters a state of coma, which invariably leads the creature to its death; an effective method of control over such a powerful minion.

The subject does not appear to know much about its home-world, the location being completely unknown to it, it only knows (or is only willing to share) about the landscapes and general aspects of its life. Apparently its home-world is a harsh, yet beautiful place, at least according to Morlock beauty standards. The Morlocks, despite being the only sentient species on the planet, are not on the top of the food chain. This led to a highly aggressive civilization of hunters-warriors.

The current status of their home-world is unknown to them, or so it claims. The interrogation has provided us with small and vague clues that the planet remains outside the main Star-Spawn force’s reach, thus we can speculate that there are Morlocks out there that could be treated with, without the necessity of a loaded rifle and a handful of grenades as the only possible way.

The Morlocks wear a specially crafted environment suit, a design apparently originally made by the Morlocks themselves, to survive the first faltering steps into the void of space. The suit, greatly improved by the Star-Spawn’s technology, has a powerful exoskeleton which enhances the strength and speed of the wearer in addition to the superior protection it offers. The exoskeleton also features a respirator mask the mask which is removable to allow the Morlocks to satiate their natural need of meat and re-hydration.

Apparently, The Morlocks are a species of pack-hunting predators. The hunt has, or rather has had, great social and religious meaning in their society. Apparently the Morlocks hunted their prey without weapons and ate the flesh raw. While the subject refused to reveal any more information on the Morlock society, he or she or it did tell us how they are "optimized" for battlefield and to serve the Star-Spawn.

The life of a Morlock warrior was dictated by a code of honor. The creatures started to adapt to this code from a very young age. Such things as fleeing the battlefield without the order of withdrawal were seen as capital crimes and were severely punished. The penalty was usually death; however, it was expected to be performed by the code breaker itself and only if it was willing to do so. But those who chose not to perform the ritual suicide were damned to a life of outcast. This aspect of the Morlock life is inexistence nowadays, in the Alien forces there are no outcasts; those found inadequate to perform its duties in the Alien horde are executed without hesitation.

A Morlock warrior's status was shown by the amount of trophies it has collected from enemies. Trophies are usually a part of the enemy's body; bones are favored due to the fact that they do not decay. Bone trophies are also usually crafted into luxury items, weapons or armor. For example, a skull might be made into a ritual mask and leg bones into handles for weapons, fingers into jewelry, etc.

It is possible that the Morlock society which remains in their home planet still fits to this description.

It is clear even from a quick observation that the Morlocks have no reproductive organs. These, the creature reveals, are removed; and while technically it could be called surgically, it is apparent that no such carefulness is given to the operation. The operation takes place in the Morlocks' puberty and is carried out without any anesthetics. The Star-Spawn, it seems, wish the operation to show the Morlocks their place. The operation is performed by Medics from the other species, the assignment to castrate the Morlocks, however, is used as a punishment for the medical troops and torturing the Morlocks in a fit of anger is not unheard of. Shortly after a Morlock is mutilated, psionics step in to use the shock and trauma caused by the procedure to strip the creature in question of its independence. While this could easily be done while the Morlock is still an infant, it would lead to unwanted lack of initiative and passiveness.

The subject has told us one of the many legends that the Morlocks apparently pass along by oral tradition. Varying from legend to legend, the Star-Spawn are portrayed either as benevolent gods or as malicious demons and in a few legends the portrait of the Alien Star-Spawn is more accurate, as they are not gods, but slavers from beyond. Any attempts to question the creature of the true nature of the so-called Star-Spawn has always the same result, an incessant repetition of cryptic Morlock legends, and if pressed into providing more information, the subject enters a catatonic state and mutters more cryptic phrases, usually incoherent.

Also notable about the Morlocks is the fact that in their society (or the remnants of it) there is no discrimination between sexes. Women fight along side the men. It is left to speculation whether this equality was forcefully added later by the Star-Spawn or is an original aspect of Morlock civilization.

"That dude that had the time machine, you know, the one in the H.G. Wells book, I bet he never had it this bad. Heck, at least those guys were somewhat human....."

Edited by Mad

Some changes,

Zombie please review

MORLOCK

The most important information collected from the field reports about these 'Morlocks' is their great prowess in battle. They seem able to shrug off major damage without a care, as if bullets were no more of a danger to them than drops of rain to them. Those operatives who have escaped a Morlock attack claim that these Aliens can rip a grown man's arm clean off and break through locked doors without so much as breaking a sweat.

After long periods of consciousness within the base, the Morlock psyche begins to show signs of acute deterioration. It seems as if these creatures were psionically "programmed" to receive commands from their masters from time to time. If no commands are received (which are speculated to be issued psionically) the Morlock enters a state of coma, which invariably leads the creature to its death; an effective method of control over such a powerful minion.

The subject does not appear to know much about its home-world, the location being completely unknown to it, it only knows (or is only willing to share) about the landscapes and general aspects of its life. Apparently its home-world is a harsh, yet beautiful place, at least according to Morlock beauty standards. The Morlocks, despite being the only sentient species on the planet, are not on the top of the food chain. This led to a highly aggressive civilization of hunters-warriors.

The current status of their home-world is unknown to them, or so it the questioned creature claims. The interrogation has provided us with small and vague clues that the planet remains outside the main Star-Spawn force’s reach, thus we can speculate that there are Morlocks out there that could be treated with, without the necessity of a loaded rifle and a handful of grenades as the only possible way.

The Morlocks wear a specially crafted environment suit, a design apparently originally made by the Morlocks themselves, to survive the first faltering steps into the void of space. The suit, greatly improved by the Star-Spawn’s technology, has a powerful exoskeleton which enhances the strength and speed of the wearer in addition to the superior protection it offers. The exoskeleton also features a respirator mask which is removable to allow the Morlocks to satiate their natural need of meat and re-hydration.

The Morlocks are a species of pack-hunting predators. The hunt has, or rather has had, great social and religious meaning in their society. Apparently the they Morlocks hunted their prey without weapons and ate the flesh raw. While the subject refused to reveal any more information on the Morlock society, he or she or it did tell us how they are "optimized" for battlefield and to serve the Star-Spawn.

A Morlock warrior's status was shown by the amount of trophies it has collected from enemies. Trophies are usually a part of the enemy's body; bones are favored due to the fact that they do not decay. Bone trophies are also usually crafted into luxury items, weapons or armor. For example, a skull might be made into a ritual mask and leg bones into handles for weapons, fingers into jewelry, etc.

It is possible that the Morlock society which remains in their home planet still fits to this description.

The subject has told us one of the many legends that the Morlocks apparently pass along by oral tradition. Varying from legend to legend, the Star-Spawn Aliens are portrayed either as benevolent god or as malicious demon and in a few legends the portrait of the Alien Star-Spawn is more accurate, as its members are not gods, but slavers from beyond. Any attempts to question the creature of the true nature of the so-called Star-Spawn has always the same result, resulted in an incessant repetition of cryptic Morlock legends, and if pressed into providing more information, the subject entereds a catatonic state, and mutters muttering more incoherent cryptic phrases, usually incoherent.

Also notable about the Morlocks is the fact that in their society (or the remnants of it) there is no discrimination between sexes. Women fight along side the men. It is left to speculation whether this equality was forcefully added later by the Star-Spawn or is an original aspect of Morlock civilization.

Edited by Mad

Nice job, Mad. Just a few minor changes myself:

MORLOCK

The most important information collected from the field reports about these 'Morlocks' is their great prowess in battle. They seem able to shrug off major damage without a care, as if bullets were no more of a danger to them than drops of rain to them. Those operatives who have escaped a Morlock attack claim that these Aliens can rip a grown man's arm clean off and break smash through locked doors without so much as breaking a sweat.

However, Despite their ape-like appearance, they are quite intelligent and cunning on the battlefield. The quality of their tactics and maneuvers rival those of the X-Corps elite soldiers. However, outside the battlefield, the situation is totally different. The Morlocks, While in captivity, the Morlocks do nothing but little more than to rest and train, They and exhibit little or no social activity not related to training and warfare. It seems that if these creatures ever had a civilization of their own, it is totally gone now. They resemble war-machines rather than a sentient species.

After long periods of consciousness within the base, the Morlock psyche begins to show signs of acute deterioration. It seems as if these creatures were psionically "programmed" to receive commands from their masters from time to time. If no commands are received (which are speculated to be issued psionically) the Morlock enters a state of coma, which invariably leads the creature to its death; an effective method of control over such a powerful minion.

The subject does not appear to know much about its home-world, the location being completely unknown to it, it only knows (or is only willing to share) about the landscapes and general aspects of its life. Apparently its home-world is a harsh, yet beautiful place, at least according to Morlock beauty standards. The Morlocks, despite being the only sentient species on the planet, are not on the top of the food chain. This led to a highly aggressive civilization of hunters-warriors. The current status of their home-world is unknown to them, or so the questioned creature claims. The interrogation has provided us with small and vague clues that the planet remains outside the main Star-Spawn forces reach, thus we can speculate that there are Morlocks out there that could be treated reasoned? with, without excluding the necessity of a loaded rifle and a handful of grenades as the only possible way.

The Morlocks wear a specially crafted environment suit, a design apparently originally made by the Morlocks themselves to survive the first faltering steps into the void of space. The suit, greatly improved by the Star-Spawn’s technology, has a powerful exoskeleton which enhances the strength and speed of the wearer in addition to the superior protection it offers. The exoskeleton also features a respirator mask which is removable to allow the Morlocks to satiate their natural need of meat and re-hydration.

The Morlocks are a species of pack-hunting predators. The hunt has, or rather has had, great social and religious meaning in their society. Apparently they hunted their prey without weapons and ate the flesh raw. While the subject refused to reveal any more information on the Morlock society, he or she or it did tell us how they are "optimized" for battlefield and to serve the Star-Spawn.

It is clear even from a quick observation that the Morlocks have no reproductive organs. These, the creature reveals, are removed; and while technically it could be called surgically, it is apparent that no such carefulness is given to the operation. The operation takes place in the Morlocks' puberty and is carried out without any anesthetics. The Star-Spawn, it seems, wish the operation to show the Morlocks their place. The operation is performed by Medics from other species, the assignment to castrate the Morlocks, however, is used as a punishment for the medical troops and torturing the Morlocks in a fit of anger is not unheard of. Shortly after a Morlock is mutilated, psionics step in to use the shock and trauma caused by the procedure to strip the creature in question of its independence. While this could easily be done while the Morlock is still an infant, it would lead to unwanted lack of initiative and passiveness.

The subject has told us one of the many legends that the Morlocks apparently pass along by oral tradition. Varying from legend to legend, the Star-Spawn Aliens are portrayed either as benevolent god or as malicious demon and in a few legends the portrait of the Alien Star-Spawn is more accurate, as its members are not gods, but slavers from beyond. Any attempts to question the creature of the true nature of the so-called Star-Spawn always resulted in an incessant repetition of cryptic Morlock legends, and if pressed into providing more information, the subject entered a catatonic state, muttering incoherent cryptic phrases.

Better? :wink1:

- Zombie

Very good! Maybe try to use "Reply" instead of copy&paste, because srikeouts semm to be lost in the process. Or did you ignore some of my strikeouts intentionally? In this case, I'm sorry and will pour ash over my head. :)

I used captives for the star spawn, becaust the playe rmight not know about it yet. Actually it should be explained in depth then, but... oh well... ;)

MORLOCK

The most important information collected from the field reports about 'Morlocks' is their great prowess in battle. They seem able to shrug off major damage without a care, as if bullets were no more of a danger to them than drops of rain. Those operatives who have escaped a Morlock attack claim that these Aliens can rip a grown man's arm clean off and smash through locked doors without so much as breaking a sweat.

Despite their ape-like appearance, they are quite intelligent and cunning on the battlefield. The quality of their tactics and maneuvers rival those of the X-Corps elite soldiers. However, outside the battlefield, the situation is totally different. While in captivity, the Morlocks do little more than to rest and train, while and exhibiting little or to no social activity not related to warfare. It seems that if these creatures ever had a civilization of their own, it is totally gone now. They resemble war-machines rather than a sentient species.

The subject does not appear to know much about its home-world, the location being completely unknown to it, it only knows (or is only willing to share) about the landscapes and general aspects of its life. Apparently its home-world is a harsh, yet beautiful place, at least according to Morlock beauty standards. The Morlocks, despite being the only sentient species on the planet, are not on the top of the food chain. This led to a highly aggressive civilization of hunters-warriors. The current status of their home-world is unknown to them, or so the questioned creature claims. The interrogation has provided us with small and vague clues that the planet remains outside the main "Star-Spawn" forces reach, thus we can speculate that there are Morlocks out there that could be reasoned with, excluding the necessity of a loaded rifle and a handful of grenades as the only possible way.

Morlocks wear a specially crafted environment suit, a design apparently originally made by the Morlocks themselves to survive the first faltering steps into the void of space. The suit, greatly improved by the Star-Spawn’s technology, has a powerful exoskeleton which enhances enhancing? the strength and speed of the wearer in addition to the superior protection it offers. The exoskeleton also features a respirator mask which is removable to allow the Morlocks to satiate their natural need of meat and re-hydration.

Morlocks are a species of pack-hunting predators. The hunt has, or rather has had, great social and religious meaning in their society. Apparently they hunted their prey without weapons and ate the flesh raw. While the subject refused to reveal any more information on the Morlock society, he or she or it did tell us how they are "optimized" for battlefield and to serve the "Star-Spawn".

It is clear even from a quick observation that the Morlocks have no reproductive organs. These, the creature reveals, are removed; and while technically it could be called surgically, it is apparent that no such carefulness is given to the operation. The operation takes place in the Morlocks' puberty and is carried out without any anesthetics. The Star-Spawn, it seems, wish the operation to show the Morlocks their place. The operation is performed by Medics from other species, the assignment to castrate the Morlocks, however, is used as a punishment for the medical troops and torturing the Morlocks in a fit of anger is not unheard of. Shortly after a Morlock is mutilated, psionics step in to use the shock and trauma caused by the procedure to strip the creature in question of its independence. While this could easily be done while the Morlock is still an infant, it would lead to unwanted lack of initiative and passiveness.

The subject has told us one of the many legends that the Morlocks apparently pass along by oral tradition. Varying from legend to legend, the "Star-Spawn" Aliens are portrayed either as benevolent god or as malicious demon and though? in a few legends the portrait of the Alien "Star-Spawn" is more accurate, as its members are not gods, but slavers from beyond. Any attempts to question the creature of the true nature of the so-called "Star-Spawn" always resulted in an incessant repetition of cryptic Morlock legends, and if pressed into providing more information, the subject entered a catatonic state, muttering incoherent cryptic phrases.

Very good! Maybe try to use "Reply" instead of copy&paste, because srikeouts semm to be lost in the process. Or did you ignore some of my strikeouts intentionally? In this case, I'm sorry and will pour ash over my head. :)

I used captives for the star spawn, becaust the playe rmight not know about it yet. Actually it should be explained in depth then, but... oh well... ;)

I accepted your strikeouts (removed the stricken text) because your changes were excellent. Unless I forgot to remove one in which case I will pour hot ash over my head. :D

- Zombie

I accepted your strikeouts (removed the stricken text) because your changes were excellent. Unless I forgot to remove one in which case I will pour hot ash over my head. :D

- Zombie

Good! :) So we're done with this one? What do you think?

Just one little part left:

Morlocks wear a specially crafted environment suit, a design apparently originally made by the Morlocks themselves to survive the first faltering steps into the void of space. The suit, greatly improved by the Star-Spawn’s technology, has a powerful exoskeleton which enhances enhancing? the strength and speed of the wearer in addition to the superior protection it offers. The exoskeleton also features a respirator mask which is removable to allow the Morlocks to satiate their natural need of meat and re-hydration.

"which enhances" sounds better. Read it with the term "which enhancing" again. Otherwise we could reword the sentence to something like:

The suit, greatly improved by the Star-Spawn's technology, has a powerful exoskeleton which offers superior protection while enhancing the strength and speed of the wearer.

Is that better? :wink1:

- Zombie

Just one little part left:

"which enhances" sounds better. Read it with the term "which enhancing" again. Otherwise we could reword the sentence to something like:

The suit, greatly improved by the Star-Spawn's technology, has a powerful exoskeleton which offers superior protection while enhancing the strength and speed of the wearer.

Is that better? :wink1:

- Zombie

Hehe, I think we misunderstood each other. I meant

The suit, greatly improved by the Star-Spawn’s technology, has a powerful exoskeleton enhancing the strength and speed of the wearer in addition to the superior protection it offers.

But your soulution, though it implies another meaning, is just as well

Well, I'm fine with either one. It's your call. ;)

So is this one done? :Hyper:

- Zombie

Alright. done. :)

MORLOCK

The most important information collected from the field reports about 'Morlocks' is their great prowess in battle. They seem able to shrug off major damage without a care, as if bullets were no more of a danger to them than drops of rain. Those operatives who have escaped a Morlock attack claim that these Aliens can rip a grown man's arm clean off and smash through locked doors without so much as breaking a sweat.

Despite their ape-like appearance, they are quite intelligent and cunning on the battlefield. The quality of their tactics and maneuvers rival those of the X-Corps elite soldiers. However, outside the battlefield, the situation is totally different. While in captivity, Morlocks do little more than rest and train, while exhibiting little to no social activity not related to warfare. It seems that if these creatures ever had a civilization of their own, it is totally gone now. They resemble war-machines rather than a sentient species.

After long periods of consciousness within the base, the Morlock psyche begins to show signs of acute deterioration. It seems as if these creatures were "programmed" to receive commands from their masters from time to time. If no commands are received (which are speculated to be issued psionically) the Morlock enters a state of coma, which invariably leads the creature to its death; an effective method of control over such a powerful minion.

The subject does not appear to know much about its home-world, the location being completely unknown to it, it only knows (or is only willing to share) about the landscapes and general aspects of its life. Apparently its home-world is a harsh, yet beautiful place, at least according to Morlock beauty standards. The Morlocks, despite being the only sentient species on the planet, are not on the top of the food chain. This led to a highly aggressive civilization of hunters-warriors. The current status of their home-world is unknown to them, or so the questioned creature claims. The interrogation has provided us with small and vague clues that the planet remains outside the main "Star-Spawn" forces reach, thus we can speculate that there are Morlocks out there that could be reasoned with, excluding the necessity of a loaded rifle and a handful of grenades as the only possible way.

Morlocks wear a specially crafted environment suit, a design apparently originally made by the Morlocks themselves to survive the first faltering steps into the void of space. The suit, greatly improved by the Star-Spawn's technology, has a powerful exoskeleton which offers superior protection while enhancing the strength and speed of the wearer. The exoskeleton also features a respirator mask which is removable to allow the Morlocks to satiate their natural need of meat and re-hydration.

Morlocks are a species of pack-hunting predators. The hunt has, or rather has had, great social and religious meaning in their society. Apparently they hunted their prey without weapons and ate the flesh raw. While the subject refused to reveal any more information on the Morlock society, he or she or it did tell us how they are "optimized" for battlefield and to serve the "Star-Spawn".

The subject has told us one of the many legends that the Morlocks apparently pass along by oral tradition. Varying from legend to legend, the "Star-Spawn" Aliens are portrayed either as benevolent god or as malicious demon though in a few legends the portrait of the Alien "Star-Spawn" is more accurate, as its members are not gods, but slavers from beyond. Any attempts to question the creature of the true nature of the so-called "Star-Spawn" always resulted in an incessant repetition of cryptic Morlock legends, and if pressed into providing more information, the subject entered a catatonic state, muttering incoherent cryptic phrases.

Edited by Mad