XCOMUFO & Xenocide

CTD - XCAP Chassis

Mad

Oops kinda missed that. :doh:

Well, I think it reads better without it because there is an "and" almost right after the comma. Suppose we should just leave it out then. :wink1:

- Zombie

Agreed on that one.

So this one looks pretty much done. let's give Kafros the opportunity to answer to my answers. :)

see you an the XC-33 :)

XCAP CHASSIS

X-Net://Pegasus.net/XCAPS/CHASSIS

In the early years of the 21st century, the first Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) saw military use. These early models had few, if any weapons and completely lacked autonomy software, instead being directly controlled by a “pilot” in a remote controlling center. The viciousness of the severe conflicts in these days combined with advancements in composites and political fallout from human losses pushed the military ROV into the forefront of both development and deployment.

The peak of current ROV technology is the Modular Tank Chassis (MTC), built of carbon-reinforced, high-impact plastic for lightness, giving it unmatched agility and impressive durability. Twin composite treads are laced with carbon-filaments for strength, and, combined with the MTC's liquid-magnetic suspension, allow high travel speeds in virtually any terrain.

Powered by state of the art hydrogen fuel cells, it can sustain field speeds in excess of 45 km/h for 24 hours. To increase the safety of ground personnel, the hydrogen is stored within an explosion-proof nanotube containment block which is directly connected to the oxidation chamber, placed inside the same Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic (CFP) housing. Armored with fifteen layers of ceramic composite mesh, the MTC is well protected against attack with standard ammunition. In addition, redundancy in vital systems allows safe, continued function at near-peak capacities even after sustaining critical damage.

Although fully autonomous combat support vehicles are still beyond current technology, the MTC's software enables it to function without constant input from its operator. Following our policy to ensure the agent's full concentration on the battlefield situation, the MTCs are maneuvered by our pilots using a highly sophisticated control console from within the drop ship. Featuring a virtual reality device connected to the MTCs sensor net it gives the pilot an extended range of view allowing an efficient support of the ground troops in every situation. Basic command macros were implemented enabling a single operator to have safe and effective control over several MTCs simultaneously. Commands are sent virtually instantaneously, and interpreted and executed in real time. X-Corps Technicians developed special algorithms that include rudimentary recognition of non-human life forms and advanced terrain filters altering the custom MTC autonomy software package. Since the original MTC design is from the year 2009, X-Corps specifications demanded so many major modifications and upgrades to the original blueprints that we decided to share the modified plans with the original manufacturer who now is able to produce these specialized MTCs very fast to meet needs as they arise. The manufacturing company agreed to an eight year exclusive deal with X-Corps. The internal name for this weapon system is X-Corps Assault Platform (XCAP).

The single hardpoint of our XCAP can accommodate a variety of modular turrets, from conventional weapon systems to custom designed battlefield support equipment, allowing a battle specific armament for outstanding battlefield performance, though unfortunately a fast re-equipment is not possible due to the complex modifications of the XCAPs mechatronics the different weapon types demand.

“I will not “ride” the XCAP weaving a hat and shouting “YYEEEEEHAAAWWW”

- Rule 12, X-Corps Rookie Training Manual

It's fine as-is :D

Concerning #2, I'm sure we all do online research before posting :P, I just said that I just double-checked it now in case we missed something (and in case something changed since we did our research :P)

If you think it's better without the first comma, no objections by my side :)

*WHY DID THEY DO THAT??! DON'T THEY LIKE ME?! THEY DID IT ON PURPOSE, I'm SURE...*

:P

edit: Yikez, smiley attack #9 from outer space ^_^

Edited by kafros

*WHY DID THEY DO THAT??! DON'T THEY LIKE ME?! THEY DID IT ON PURPOSE, I'm SURE...*

:devillaugh: Of course! We will break your mind! ...eventually... :devillaugh:

Ok. so let's call this one done! *turns around with blowing cape and vanishes with a poof* :devillaugh: