XCOMUFO & Xenocide

I'm Getting Antsy

stewart

i mean that if you create a forum for those, it would mean that you could post pictures/movíes in there from other stuff then xenocide. Though i dunno if that could just as well be done in the offtopic itself.

SVP?

There is the fanart forum in On-Topic, or do you just mean General art stuff?

SVP? Oh come on, they even know in France what that means! :rolleyes:

There is the fanart forum in On-Topic, or do you just mean General art stuff?

SVP?  Oh come on, they even know in France what that means! :rolleyes:

Guess he means something which isn't related to any x-com.. Off topic forum where you can post your flash/gif animations drawings and stuff..

How 'bout :

bf_nonew.gif Stewart's Playground

Where Stewart can have fun creating a maze of subforums

ENTER AT OWN RISK

:D

You could expand music to 'culture&media' or something for everything about art, films, books , ... And all that :)

Edited by j'ordos

Maybe a forum to present your missions.

There's the saved game forums.

No..

He means like explaining how you play your mission and including screenshots with them..

like this one from trevelyan

http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3104

S'il vous plâit, which literally means "if you please".

I... I knew that! I studied french... a little. Didn't get a good grade but still... ;)

I thought you knew/remembered/thought something else here :huh?:

Trying to get points from Jenny? :naughty:

Edited by Nyyperoid

Bad Nyyperoid! :spank: Besides, you mean he studied a little LATIN if you're going to go down that road... I can see it now, as all our "cunning linguists" line up to embarass themselves...

:stupid:

Here's a suggestion for forums Stew, why not break the laboratory down into some groupings? Perhaps

Laboratory

UI Changes

Geoscape Changes

Battlescape Changes

Baseview Changes

Weapons and Armor

Aliens

etc

Just something to reduce the number of threads per forum, and help people find those ideas we've discussed a dozen times before yet another thread is created...

After thinking about what you said for a while, I have to admit that if you tried to embarass me somehow, I don't undestand how. Maybe it's my stupidity or lack of english skills but I don't get it.. And I liked that:

" I can see it now, as all our "cunning linguists" line up to embarass themselves..."

Because you indicate yourself with it too, wanted it or not. ^_^ Guess it was your purpose too..

Here's a suggestion for forums Stew, why not break the laboratory down into some groupings? Perhaps

Laboratory

UI Changes

Geoscape Changes

Battlescape Changes

Baseview Changes

Weapons and Armor

Aliens

etc

Just something to reduce the number of threads per forum, and help people find those ideas we've discussed a dozen times before yet another thread is created...

As I recall I asked about this a while back (maybe in The Corner Office or maybe in The Lounge, I forget) and the answer was no. Perhaps this needs to be revisited?

Okay let me see if I’ve got this right,

Jenny says:

S'il vous plâit, which literally means "if you please".

J’ordos says:

I always believed it was "s'il vous plaît", though maybe I'm wrong :)

The difference being where (I forget the official name of it, in school we called it “The Hat” or “The Carrot”) thing goes; on the “a” or on the “i”.

Then Nyyperoid says:

Trying to get points from Jenny?  :naughty:

Arguing about where to stick your Carrot to impress a girl, tsk tsk tsk!

Now you got out of line :LOL:

I agree wholeheartedly. I'm new to the project, and I'm already lost admist the masses of forums. :hammer:

I've also had trouble with threads titled "Just a little of your time" when there were about 10 of them. It sucks when "Just a little time" becomes an hour of searching. Perhaps they should be renamed, so casual skimmers and noobs alike would know what they were about? Just my 2 cents.

I agree.. Topics like "I have a problem" should be renamed to respond the content so it would be easier to others to find the answer to the same problem. Finally some REAL work to forum moderators! :wink:

Which forums are you talking about? I looked at the laboratory, but almost all threads there are named properly (I guess 'some thoughts' and such are not very informative, but you can hardly include the entire list of things they brought up in one line :) )

Now you got out of line :LOL:

Not really. My theory is that "Jenny" is actually a 350 pound man who works as a butcher in Antwerp. The pictures of "Jenny" are just of some cute girl he found on internet. We're all being duped. :sly:

Anyway, I've created some new forums under Off Topic. As for the missions, I've adjusted the names and descriptions of the saved game forums to accomodate them (if the appropriate moderators would kindly move the mission threads, it would be appreciated).

After thinking about what you said for a while, I have to admit that if you tried to embarass me somehow, I don't undestand how. Maybe it's my stupidity or lack of english skills but I don't get it..  And I liked that:

" I can see it now, as all our "cunning linguists" line up to embarass themselves..."

Because you indicate yourself with it too, wanted it or not. ^_^ Guess it was your purpose too..

No, I wasn't trying to embarass you or anyone Nyyp. The use of

:stupid:

wasn't meant to point at you, sorry if you took it that way. I thought you were teasing LordT, and was putting my 2 cents in with some word play using homonyms of certain "latin terms". :D

The difference being where (I forget the official name of it, in school we called it “The Hat” or “The Carrot”) thing goes; on the “a” or on the “i”.

Accent circonflex, you mean :)

It is normally used where French used, several centuries ago, to have an

S sound that later became silent.  For instance, Old French "castel"

= 'castle' became later "ca^tel" (and still occurs as such in Norman

French, but that word continued to modify in Metropolitan French into

modern "cha^teau").  However, I don't know why the French used the particular

shape of mark they did in order to record this particular property of words.

Once the use of the circumflex for silent S had become established, in a

small number of cases it was used in another way, just in order to make

a visual distinction between words that sounded the same:  for instance

"du^" as past participle of "devoir" is written with a circumflex to

distinguish it from "du" = 'of the', and in this case there never was

an S sound -- the circumflex is just added artificially.

If you ask "why did the French want to mark S sounds at all, once they

had disappeared?", I think one needs to realize that the kind of people

who took responsibility for developing standard rules for writing, several

centuries ago, would all have been very conscious of the fact that French

was a new, changed form of Latin, where the S's existed in every sense, so

they would have felt uncomfortable about writing nothing at all for the

S's that were "really" there even if they had become inaudible.  Putting

an accent was a sort of compromise.

:devillaugh:

It's hard to understand everything when you aren't reading your own language. Especially when I'm reading something which has been written by English or American.. Thank's for TV, games and internet for at least this knowledge I have now.. :P

Oh and yes, I WAS teasing LordT, you're right! Just didn't quite understand your contribution to the conversation because it was too fine english for me. :wacko:

Accent circonflex, you mean :)

circumflex actually if you can thrust that text..?