XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Ufo2000 Installer

Cpl. Facehugger

heh the minute i got a mail with this:

"Log: Initial set of files needed to build new verison of installer

(new ufo2000.nsi is still on hold until SupSuper fixes some

really bad bugs)"

i thought "really bad bugs?!?". i had to go check.

I'm sorry, I just fighted with the script for some time to make it compile (because of these MUI_ZIPDLL_EXTRACT changes). And after I finally compiled it, I stumbled upon this not copying data files bug. That made me very sad for some moment.

Surely, the bug is not serious from a developer's point of view (it is easy to fix), but from a user's point of view it is very bad as it makes the installer unusable.

I always try to avoid commiting anything that contains obvious bugs, otherwise we may end breaking everything. That's my responsibility to make sure all the pieces of code that different people contribute can work together. I may not always behave like a nice guy but it is really needed :)

so it works fine now. so here's the latest (hopefully final) script (just remove the .txt bit)

and... mailed you the patchfile.diff :)

Thanks, it really works fine now. At least I still did not find any obvious problems with it. It is committed now and new installers will be built using this new script. Thanks again, this new installer is really very good.

PS. I did replace that MUI_ZIPDLL_EXTRACT stuff by older ZIPDLL_EXTRACT as it did not work with my nsis-plugins directory. Can you send me your updated nsis-plugins files, so we can use MUI_ZIPDLL_EXTRACT again?

PS. I did replace that MUI_ZIPDLL_EXTRACT stuff by older ZIPDLL_EXTRACT as it did not work with my nsis-plugins directory. Can you send me your updated nsis-plugins files, so we can use MUI_ZIPDLL_EXTRACT again?

hmmm... e-mail sending isn't working for some reason so i'll just attach it here. with my nsis-plugins, ZIPDLL_EXTRACT doesn't work, only MUI_ZIPDLL_EXTRACT does :wacko:

btw, i just found a duplicated line in the script. the !include "zipdll.nsh" line is both on the beginning of the file and on one part called Languages. you should remove the line from the Language bit (just search for ; Languages) so as to keep all the includes in the beginning.

and... um... i'm bored. i no longer have to work hours in the script and then in the end find that there's sone annoying bug i can't get the grasp of :P

nsis_plugins.zip

and... um... i'm bored. i no longer have to work hours in the script and then in the end find that there's sone annoying bug i can't get the grasp of :P

You already did a great work, thanks. Now it is up to me to make a plugin for checking if the data files found by installer are compatible with ufo2000.

If you are bored making the installer, there are a lot of other things that can improve the game (C++ programming, making new maps and modding weapons, or just playtesting the latest beta releases) :)