XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Need More Alien Races

Jamaru

So far I've played only Sectoids and Mutons, adding floaters, snakemen, and ethereals would make ufo2000 real awesome. Ufo2000 doesn't seem as fun without them.

Is there a chance to put them in the game sometime in the future? :D

Thanks for the avatar tip...

Ethereals are my favorite! Love being and blasting them! :shockwhore:

Their psy abilities are awesome!

I wonder I should try learning how to edit these aliens...i never seen

xcom 2's aliens though... Are they only under water aliens?

:blink:

Edited by *Nite*

Guest Azrael
Now im convinced that xcom2 aliens should be in ufo2000.  B)

Calcinites remind me of ethereals (the clothing)

some other races remind me of other xcom1 aliens as well...awesome

aliens!  ^_^

Calcinites remind you of Ethereals?? :huh?: You realise Calcinites "wear" old diving-suits and ethereals wear cloaks, don't you?

Calcinites remind you of Ethereals??  You realise Calcinites "wear" old diving-suits and ethereals wear cloaks, don't you?

what i mean is that their whole body and face is pretty much

covered with a mysterious look to them until you autopsy them. :)

Edited by *Nite*

agreed... nightmares...

however lobstermens were worser on cruiser ships...

lobstermens and bio-drones!!!

ARRRGH

actually they reminds you of the cyberdisks from ufo but they are faster, smaller

and alot more dangerous!

Edited by Gurluas2000

• 3 weeks later...
Another good question will be if they will be able to recreate the underwater missions from TFTD. As i recall some TFTD weapons and aliens would not function out of water. (torpedo launchers, harpoon guns, hallucinoids, tentaculats, etc) Edited by Tain

Yeah, ufo 2 aliens be cool. Do you think the unique weapons of the aliens (For example, chryssalid's claw, tentaculat's tentacles) will be available for use? I wanna make me some zombies >: ).

Actually... I'm not one of the devs but this gets a lot of coding involved. I don't think it's the time to devellop this kind of thing, I mean they should allow custom units before coding each and every unique unit weapon.

Don't you think it would be hard to balance too? Chrysalids and Tentacles would simply cost a fortune. I mean you kill and get another soldier... ( Personnally, I'd be soooo annoyed!! :Brickwall: )

Ah I'll be so happy when I'll see "addXcomUnit" in a .lua file.. :rolleyes:

Why is it taking so long???

This involves a lot of sprites.

8 N, 8 NE, 8 E, 8 SE, 8 S, 8SW, 8 W, 8 NW multiplied by 3 for the legs and 2 arms. Plus 8 torso, plus 8 crouching legs, plus 8 standing legs and 24 alternate arms (holding weapon, holding grenade).

That makes 240 images per character. And I'm almost sure I forgot something.

Edited by nachtwolf

I wanna make a human where one of his arm animations is him flailing

• 2 months later...
somone needs to create some sort of backstory to the new aliens being made - IE why is there a zombie taking on Xcom? was he just bored?

chrysallids can use guns

and they are lethal with them too, for some reason they have high accuracy(says 15% but on average 1 or 2 out of 6 shots will hit from across map) with an HP on auto even with 0 firing accuracy