XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Live Deep One

SupSuper

does anyone how can i get a live deep one if the only aliens that now show up are Aquatoids, Tasoths and Lobster Mans? i need it to unlock a very crucial part of the tech tree:

Deep One Terrorist > Ion Armour > Magnetic Ion Armour > New Fighter Sub (Manta) & Displacer / Sonic

You could cheat of course... (I mean, it's not really cheating, what kind of tech tree would need live Deep One for Ion Armour :huh?: )

Agree with J'ordos + you can try at terror site. If there aren't any new, you can follow terror ship with your transport instead of destroying it. I remember encountering Deep Ones at Alien Bases. (IIRC all stuned aliens at the 'top' floor aren't recorvered anyway, but you can take one into your backpack and then go to the lower level.)

You could cheat of course... (I mean, it's not really cheating, what kind of tech tree would need live Deep One for Ion Armour :huh?: )

this one. after all, you need Deep One corpse to research the basic Plastic Aqua Armor.

any chances of telling how to cheat on adding a live deep one to my base's inventory? all i have that can edit the game is XCOMUTIL.

this one. after all, you need Deep One corpse to research the basic Plastic Aqua Armor.

Well, I was being a bit sarcastic here, I know TFTD's research tree requires the live Deep One for Aqua Plastics and thus Ion Armor, but the logic behind that baffles me :wacko:

Well, I was being a bit sarcastic here, I know TFTD's research tree requires the live Deep One for Aqua Plastics and thus Ion Armor, but the logic behind that baffles me :wacko:

very good point, deep ones being the weakest terrorist there is :wacko:

Use the clarkwher (sp?) editing suite. It is conviently located in the cheats section of the xcomufo website.
whenever i try to edit my saved game (after loading it, thus the path is right) i get this message (see attachment) and the program quits.

maybe someone that can make the program work could edit the game for me? all i need is 1 live deep one added to super base 1's stores.

damn_xp.gif

Edited by SupSuper

gimme a minute

Edit: This site has some problem with *.exe files. Change extension into *.ex_

Edited by Extralucas

It usually gives you that message when you move the mouse SupSuper, not moving your mouse worked for me when I got that message. :)

I will give your save game a lookover.

it does avoid getting the message, but i still can't do anything but change the selection with the arrow keys :whatwhat:

You need to use the spacebar/enter to select different things such as craft or soldiers etc.

Here is the edited version. You will also notice you are a little better off in this game than you old one. :) Not too better off though :)

Game_1.ex_

Edited by j'ordos

Huh? well, he didn't have any advanced craft, based on the fact that he needed a deepone alive to research those, he doesn't seem to have pwt missiles yet, nor disruptor torpodes. Hmm, he didn't have any tentacluat corpses (before I got there that is :)) and he had many low stat, and comparatively few high stat guys. Therefore, I assume he is in the middle phase of the game.

You need to use the spacebar/enter to select different things such as craft or soldiers etc.

Here is the edited version. You will also notice you are a little better off in this game than you old one. :) Not too better off though :)

i know, still doesn't work :crying:

anyways, thx for the improvements but i rather stick to Extralucas. extra money only makes me spend more and extra research is just a tad too easy (and the corpses fill up my general stores :P )

Extralucas - quite much, since i pretty much have to research most of the tech tree to get T'Leth. still, i have around here a bunch of TFTD saves that came with my TFTD for DOS copy (should work in windows version) where u have 7 bases and pretty much everything up and running (including having everything needed to win T'Leth), in case you want them.

Well, he had 200,000 dollars before he recieved a donation from facehugger industries...

How far into the game are you El?

Edit: Just read your post Ss. So, when you finish editing, do you hit escape and press Y to make backups? That is what I do and it always works for me. :)

Edited by Cpl. Facehugger

However, he destroyed few alien bases, and acomplished Alien Artifacts sites, which I've never managed to do. ^_^

:blink:

all u need is mass loading/saving to avoid unwanted kills and soon enough you'll destroy it. although XCOMEDIT's "view whole map" cheat is useful to find colonys' symonium devices (and a safe path to get to them :P)

Hmm... It was April when I abondoned the game I belive... You ask why? I lose. I mean, impossible I could win. What the heckler am I supposed to do with Lobstermen?? I lost 4 men while trying to kill one, so what can I do with entire terror site?? Ofcourse, I notice, I messed a little earlier game, so maybe I will restart it. Still, I thik that this whole idea with researching entire sonic tech tree to get oscilator is too weird, but what the heck! If you forget about messed sound, and Lobsters attacking you in 4th month of game time, TFTD is quite O'Kay.

Edit: stoopid game <_< Forces me to use cheats and mass loading to win anything... -_- However, it has great gameplay, I belive...

Edited by Extralucas

some tips for handling lobstermans (sure they're hard but not invulnerable):

- a lobsterman is usually dead with 2-4 sonic hits (explosions / shots)

- put your men in groups of 2 and 3. therefore, when a group spots a lobsterman there should be enough shots to kill it.

- if lobstermans hit you much or your soldiers miss them much use mass loading (like save before shooting and after a successfull shot or an alien missing). my probabilities/odds for that are:

1 in 3 loads for a lobsterman to miss you at long range

1 in 5 loads for a lobsterman to miss you at medium range

1 in 8 loads for a lobsterman to miss you at short range

1 in 15 loads for a lobsterman to miss you when you're 1/2 squares away from him

1 in 3 loads for a soldier to hit an alien at short range

1 in 5 loads for a soldier to hit an alien at medium range

1 in 12 loads for a soldier to hit an alien at long range

now you know why the game is heavily strategic ;)

facehugger: all i can do is the editor is use the arrrow keys to choose an option. no matter how much i press soace/enter they don't seem to work :crying:

Think about it. What just happens to be ALL over the deep one?? Very tough skin. Add a little alien tech and voila! Aqua plastics... :D

• 3 weeks later...
btw, u dont need ion armor or a living deep one to get mag ion armor and advance in the tech tree.

Ion armor is a "dead end" in the tftd tech tree.

So why dont u just skip ion armor und research mag ion armor? :)

aaaa... no it isn't. as u can clearly see here, the Ion Armour connects to the Mag. Ion Armour. and i know that since i only got Magnetic Ion Armour in the research projects once i researched Ion Armour :P

Then why Im always having Mag Ion Armor before being able to research mag ion armor?

If u want to, i can show u save of mine, where it is like that.

I remember one time, when I was desperate researching Ion armor, i already had mag ion armor, but i simply wanted to get all the researches.

And i wondered how u could get mag ion armor without ion armor.

U can.

Btw, in the techtree there are other mistakes, i.e. bombardment shield is missing (can be researched after leviathan)

Well, ill repeat myself:

I researched lobsterman navigator->magnetic navigation->ion beam accelarator->mag ion armor

THEN i researched the following:

Deep one terrorist->ion armor!

That was 3 days ago, so im quite sure.

If u dont trust me, i can show u the savegame.

Maybe theres a possibility that the techtree was somehow patched, but im not sure about that.

Man, I'm glad I found this. It was getting very hard killing 3-4 colonies a month using only aqua plastic armor, and it was impossible for me to shoot down any alien ships unless they flew in the way of my Baracuda. I was wondering why I couldn't get advanced craft...

Btw, if u want to continue this save, ill give u a better one.

Because this is an old savegame, i had to load a savegame during a mission, und i aborted this mission in order to change the language of the save, losing many soldiers with this.

just checked your savegame. yes, it's true u got the Mag Ion Armour but it sure didn't work for me or most of the tftd players.

btw, nice game, although i'll stick with my own ;)

I downloaded the win ce version, and yes, the techtree was changed.

U cannot get Mag Ion Armor before Ion Armor anymore.

However, I think this new techtree sucks, cause its a bit weird u have mag ion armor in february, und it was only in late february cause i researched the mc-techtree first!

the program doesn't crash. i simply can't choose any options (yes, i've pressed enter, spacebar, etc.). however i can use the arrow keys. maybe it's because i've got a wireless keyboard :S