XCOMUFO & Xenocide

SND- Ronald Lee Ermey for voice overs

Jesus Escariut

Okay when I think of a hardcore "lets blow them up and send them back in body bags" kind solider I think of R. Lee "Gunny" Ermey. I propose that we all put forth an effort to persuade (kidnap?) Mr. Ermey to do some sound bits for us. I imagine if we explain the game (saving the earth from filthy aliens) to him and that we are all doing it for free and do not plan on making any money off of it he might choose to help us. It's worth a shot ... ^_^

He can be contacted VIA email from his site. http://www.rleeermey.com/ , just click on feed back. Limited to 1000 characters. We can choose to do one email or we can all write to him (just like a senator). I suggest we come up with a set email, that hits the key points.

Few problems :) . Most likely without money aswer is no. Even if he says yes, where would we record his voice?

On the other hand, if aswers would be yes. We could promote xenocide with his name :) (tho i have no idea who he is ^_^ ) .

It would absolutely need to be written and/or approved by the senior team and have Raven Squad's signature as well as Red Knights on it.

We can try, but I would poop my pants in amazement if he said yes, seeing how he's paid to do such things all the time, and probably a very busy guy. The only way I see him doing it would be if he or someone close to him had played the original and he liked the game.

To pursue this, discuss it with Raven Squad, and he can bring it to the seniors for discussion. Also, this thread should be moved into the appropriate sound forum.

1. Money Issue

- It is not un-heard of for actors to help out.

2. Recording

- I have 2 sound studios in the DC/Baltimore area at my disposal. So if he does agree I'll buy him a ticket to come here and he can have my bed.

Even if he does turn us down he might know others that would be more then willing to help out. Like I said earlier it is worth a shot, we don't have anything to lose from asking.

EDIT - Fixed some typos <_<

Edited by Jesus Escariut

As Breunor said please do not send any emails in name of the Project Xenocide without Senior members approving it first. It could create a whole lot of trouble.

Thats why I posted this. I wasn't about to approach/contact him about this unless I knew I had the full support and approval of the senior staff.

Also I guess its time for me to ask Micah, Red Knight, and Raven Squad if this idea is okay? If not then you guys can probably just close this thread.

We will discuss it, however speaking of the advance, we are a little off yet from where his services would be useful, so in case we do it... (just supposing) that would have to be when we are a little more advance, I have a friend that do the same job and they tend to do a lot done in very short time (even top quality stuff), the really good guys do know their trade.

Greetings

Red Knight

I agree with Red Knight. We're quite a ways from having all the storyboards, CTDs, quotes, etc., set in stone, so filling out a list for someone to create voiceovers for now would be superfluous. I would suggest keeping the thought in mind, and raising it again almost a year from now.