bennyxbo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Official server ufo2000.xcomufo.com:2000 is offline together with the bugtracker.

Thank you, Grimshrat, for your backup server! I've played one game there with Intri, game number 9.

I have setup a server at ufo2000.zerg.biz:2000

I will let it up as a backup even if the official server returns.

Edited by Fomka

• 2 weeks later...
Current break takes longer than usual and that's not good :blink:

Looks like something went bad on ufo2000.xcomufo.com

I'll start ufo2000 game server and the bugtracker on a new ufo2000.net host in a few days.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
its down again... thats why nobody plays anymore because the server dies and it changes and not updated.... :<

I've checked and the server is running now (at ufo2000.net:2000)

And yes, the default server in freshly installed game is obsolete (ufo2000.xcomufo.com). Serge, will you update the default server?

And yes, the default server in freshly installed game is obsolete (ufo2000.xcomufo.com). Serge, will you update the default server?

Yes, indeed it makes sense to make a new release with a change in the dafault ini file. Also probably it would be a good idea to add some code to the new versions of ufo2000 to automatically change 'ufo2000.xcomufo.com' -> 'ufo2000.net' in the existing configuration files in order to simplify the transition.

Sorry, I had a vacation in the end of Summer and dropped out for a while, then was busy with some other activities. Will try to catch up. It usually helps when somebody pings me from time to time.