XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Missing Live Aliens Bug

I need to capture a live alien Commander to research Cydonia so i took out an alien base using small launchers. In the mission results screen, it says i've recovered live aliens but when i try to research them immediately after the mission, they arent in the list of research projects! The live aliens also dont appear on the list of transferrable items. I cant complete the game without them! Any ideas anyone, its doing me head in!? Ive got the gold edition with the xcom1fix, running on XP

:hammer:

I just thought, even if there wasnt a commander at a base, I should still be able to research the other recovered live aliens?

Anyway, I've just experimented by sending out troops from a base where i had scientists (in my first post, the troops where from a base where I had no scientists). Equipped with with Small launchers, they did the job, recovered all 18 live aliens and bingo, one of them was a Commander. There's still a bug though 'cos I stunned 3 chryssalids but they didnt appear on the research projects list? Doesnt matter, I can research Cydonia now, problem solved!!

:D

Yes, I already researched Chryssalid but it's still a bug cos I still get the option to research 20 Muton Soldiers i've accumulated over past missions, despite already having researched them!!

U mean u STILL havent got it working on XP yet??? It took me ages but it was well worth it, I just followed the instructions in the forum FAQ pages, applied the fix and added the musfixdll file, i even changed the 'chopper whoop whoop' battle music as suggested by someone. The game's not perfect (the game sometimes crashes to the desktop) but at least I dont ever see the dreaded Green Text Crash screen I recall seeing in old dos versions!!!

• 7 years later...
  • 1 year later...