XCOMUFO & Xenocide

TFTD extender

kyrub

I have translated the excellent Seb76' UFO extender for the sequel, Terror from the deep.

It requires the CE version of the game to run. All the options are in the TFTDExtender.ini file.

TFTD extender

The extender fixes the majority of bugs present in the X-COM games, like proximity mines bugs, vertical shooting bug, disjoint base etc.

Optionnally, you may put the Range Based Accuracy, saved equipment, auto flares and a few other things in the game.

On top of that the TFTD extender adds a few TFTD specific features:

- Hallucinoids can use their ranged attack correctly

- Bio-drones are able to hit with melee

- underwater weapons cannot reaction fire on land

- a couple of annoying features, popping messages, ugly sound on land etc. were removed

- the underwater terrain is used randomly for full combat variety

- after 60 turns, you can automatically "spot the last hidden alien"

- you may set all liner ship mission as 1-stage only (the lower deck becomes another variant) and reduce their frequency

- you may double the speed of new alien races appearance throughout the game

- you may sidestep "the live Deep-one research trap"

TFTD extender is in alpha stage, so it will be probably somewhat unstable or not working, so beware (and report any problems, please).

Credits: Seb76 for creating UFO extender, Xusilak for porting the dissambled exe to TFTD.

• 4 weeks later...

TFTD crashes with the message below every time any of my crafts "catches" alien sub. This happens both on default settings, and with all fixes disabled.

"XCOM crashed at 0x44A15B with error 0xC0000005 trying to access 0x4EC4425D"

BTW, I appreciate your work on this. It would be great if TFTD had a fully functional and bug free equivalent of UFO Extender.

• 3 months later...

For everyone that has been looking for an update to this. I was helping Kyrub convert it but now it looks like I am the main person doing it.

The current version is 1.03 and you can find it here: TFTD Extender 1.x

Changes in 1.03:

• Underwater weapons will not fire on land due to reaction fire or units going beserk.
  • Technical research impasses have been removed: Sub construction and MC reader can now be researched as soon as they are found.
  • More fixes for some video issues: scale mouse, screen ratio, etc.
  • Hallucinoid ranged stun attack fixed.
  • Single-stage ship missions should now apply ONLY to ships.
  • P.W.T. launcher production requirements now correct in database.
  • Auto sell feature fixed and the descriptors on the manufacture main screen fixed.
  • Coelacanth/Gauss ammo issues fixed. Its prerequisites are now similar to tank/laser in EU.
  • Three levels of changes available for the research path. Level 1 is now equal to the previous "Live Deep One Research unlock": removes the need to research a live Deep One for Ion Armor. Level 2 allows the vibroblade to be researched when found. Level 3 changes the prerequisites for Aqua Plastic and Ion armor. Aqua plastics can be researched when found. Each level stacks upon or replaces the previous set of changes.

Now to get our hands on those PSX mp3 :)

http://www.xcomufo.com/x1music.html

Thanks for replying. I'm already using those mp3s for UfoDefense, however I haven't been able to find Mp3s with the TFTD PSX music anywhere on the internet.

My best find is http://www.gamefront.com/files/20843156/X-Com+Terror+From+the+Deep.rar however it's just the MIDI music converted into MP3.

Also I have the PSX CD but the mod doesn't seem to recognize it.

• 3 weeks later...

A new version of Extender has been released.

Version 1.04:

• All battlescape animations can be slowed down.
  • All underwater items can now be used on land (e.g. fly with Magnetic Ion armor).
  • Better chance to get a Cargo Ship Terror Mission rather than only Cruise Liners.
  • Soldiers will not go MIA if they are MCed when mission ends successfully.
  • Deep One attack fixed and no longer resembles the Celatid Spit.
  • Bio-Drone no longer burns the ground like the Silacoid.
  • Single Stage Ship Missions.
  • Auto-equip problems with multiple stage missions fixed.
  • Executable should now be stand alone and not require MS VC++ Redistrutable (in theory).

http://www.strategycore.co.uk/forums/topic/9867-tftdextender-1x/

http://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=TFTDextender

• 1 month later...

I've released a new version and a patch:

Version 1.05:

• Fixes a problem with Liner and Cargo ship mission not handling the summary report correctly if the player aborts or loses the mission.
  • Fixes a problem where not all stats were being moved when swapping soldiers' positions in craft.
  • Fixes a minor problem with the decrease buttons on the manufacture screen when Autosell is enabled.
  • The Manufacturing dialog now prevents players from assigning too many technicians to a project.
  • Improved Clip Cursor: Works with all versions of windows.
  • Improved Gauss Tank: Armor is improved but requires research into Aqua Plastics and plastics are needed for production.
  • Displacer's sonic cannon damage is corrected and now matches the Sonic Oscillator.

version 1.05 patch 1: note: you will first need to install version 1.05.

1. Aircraft will now automatically engage an airborne target when it reaches water. Barracuda will automatically follow and intercept a very deep USO once it reaches a shallower depth. The only time a player will receive the "Mission too deep" message is if they dispatch a Triton to a site in very deep water.

2. Unconscious units that die after their body has been moved and later caught in an explosion, will have their corpse appear where the body was killed rather than where the unit initially went unconscious.

3. Particle Disturbance Detector animation has been slowed.

4. Fixed the music that plays at the mission summary screen, depending on a good/bad outcome. The music now matches the DOS version.

5. Fixed an issue with save equipment that prevented some units from being reequipped.

6. Fixed an error that prevented access to the Leviathan research topic when playing with alternate tech level 3.

7. Fixed End Of Battle routine:

a. Units MCed when the last alien is killed will not become MIA.

b. For aborted missions, all units will be checked for MIA status solely based on their position on the map. Units MCed or unconscious in the Xcraft at the time of aborting, will not be MIA.

c. On multiple-stage missions:

1. Units that are unconscious when the last alien is killed will continue to the next stage.

2. All units will have their energy and morale restored to full and stun level reset.

3. In addition, each unit will receive a small amount of healing (up to a maximum of 10 points) and the severity of any active fatal wounds will be lowered (to a minimum of 1 for each location).

[Note: The last two options were already in-game but only occurred on ship missions, I adjusted the routine to include all multiple-stage missions.]
Edited by Tycho525