XCOMUFO & Xenocide

The Alien Ai

DamnSectoids

Greetings all

im going to start my time here with a quick question, to all those technical people who have taken the back off the game and seen how it works!

In xcom 1 the alien ai works in a very particular way and has very specific little quirks, this we all know. In xcom 2 however, and i say this having recently played them both again back to back, the aliens do seem to be even sneakier! They have more of a hunter killer style than a sit and wait that the xcom 1 aliens seemed to have.

So in conclusion im asking how the ai differs from game to game, if it even does at all of course!

thanks in advance

Damnsectoids

I'm not expert on the AI, and haven't really analysed it that much, but from observation I feel the TFTD aliens don't explore as much as the UFO aliens. This way, it doesn't give their positions away so easily, and makes them a bit deadlier when it comes to springing ambushes.

Of course, that's not to say they don't explore. Lobsterman stationed outside of the alien sub for example are a bit bad at this, since they spend energy for any movement they make. They tend to run out of energy by wandering about the map.

- NKF

Edited by NKF