• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Update:

-Started texturing

-Basic color, and folds ( It's looking a bit too wrinkley... going to "iron" some folds out)

Some where before I saw that it was agreed upon a Sg-1 look... so im going along that path... Black and army green....

F_Shirt_030.jpg

Excelent job there Shinzon =b... Just a suggestion ;) make sure that you do separate the layers of the clothes fold (in the source I expect PSD texture) so in the end we can use the same base texture and apply the folds as Normal Maps. The same for shininess, if you can separate it and then combine for the final texture (but leave the source separated in layers it the better, so we dont have to redo the texture if we intend to use it in the future).

Greetings

Red Knight

Update:

-Started texturing

-Basic color, and folds ( It's looking a bit too wrinkley... going to "iron" some folds out)

Some where before I saw that it was agreed upon a Sg-1 look... so im going along that path... Black and army green....

cool stuff. I know this is prelim but how about making the belt more like the flak jacket (no wrinkles_)

I can only say "wow". that really looks great. what are you planning for the face? I think it needs some camouflage make-up... or at least those big black smears you can also see on american football players' faces :)

This is kinda nitpicky, but...The Green doesn't look green enough. Army Green is darker, much darker. Someone more familiar with colors could describe it, but that's too white and too bright.

you probably mean it should have "more saturation" and "less brightness" :) I'm not too familiar with colors and that stuff, but I think those are the correct words.

You are correct, saturation refers to the intensity of a color: more saturated, the more color there is.

brightness(value) refers to the lightness or darkness of the color.

However I don't believe the coloration is final yet in the piece: this is just the base coat

Edited by Vaaish

Update:

-Colour Correction on the army green

-Fixed unrawp, hands now unrawp properly

-Ironed and inhanced folds

-Started texturing shoe

-Started texturing vest

@Penta- heh you have a good eye... The original was alot darker, it's when I added the folds it became lighter, and i actualy fixed that right after posted the update :P

@Moriarty- I really don't know... I quickly tried some make up this morning... and gee wiz that looked scary/wrong :noway: I think i will leave it clean right now... since this more urban combat i dont think well need some warpaint... but we will see after i finish everything else...

*edit*

Woops... forget to attach a render...

This is a Brazil render... the previous were the standard renders... So it has good lighting now...

F_Shirt_031.jpg

Edited by Shinzon

Looks great Shinzon.

The uniform should be solid, no camo same as SWAT teams and airforce jumpsuits.

As for coloration, how about more like the attached image.

index.jpg

If an insignea will be on the uniform it will be on the left sleeve near the shoulder with black stitching and OD background. Edited by Vaaish

hmm a more earthy and dirty look... ok I will try that...

I need help againg... I dont know what should I do for the vest... sure a few buttons and stuff... but other then that im not sure...

can anyone help me get out of this block please? :Brickwall:

• 2 weeks later...

Not A major update, more to show that im still around and im slowly working on this...

I have been to busy with IRL currently, end of the year and they really started piling those summative projects...

anyway

-Started Detailing the pocket

-Darkned shoes, made more glossy

-Started Texturing the Pad

I will do color correction on the pad a bit later, since it's too light right now.

F_Shirt_032.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Update:

-Changed the pad

-Changed the boot (added zipper ans such, cant really see it though :()

Now that the exams are over, i can start devoting alot more time to Xenocide then i did in the past month or so...

Im still not sure of what to do with the vest... it seems a bit plain and yet im not sure of what do add on it...

F_Shirt_033.jpg

Edited by Shinzon

looks good... though I would make the boots the laceup airborne boots, that will give them more variety than a plain zip up one. also thing about adding a mesh and laces on the sides of the vest.... beyond that the vests are pretty plain.

My internet explorer crashed as I was typing a much longer message so i will keep this short.

http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2177&st=70

this thread contains idea for x-corps logos/rankings/medals/patches what rankings should I use from it and a color logo...

I made the shoe laces, fuxor helped me out through msn so thanks :D

F_Shirt_034.jpg

this is the final xcorps patch. put it on the upper left sleeve... I don't think any other markins except possibly a name tag will be necessary

http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?sh...indpost&p=27808

would help if I actually put it in

Edited by Vaaish

I need help againg... I dont know what should I do for the vest... sure a few buttons and stuff... but other then that im not sure...

You still looking for a change of vest? we have all kinds, if you want some ideas i can take some pictures of my gear?

You still looking for a change of vest? we have all kinds, if you want some ideas i can take some pictures of my gear?

Darkhomb, that would be awsome if you would take pics of the gear... finding good reference shots of the vests and other items can be a pain.

Edited by Vaaish

Darkhomb, that would be awsome if you would take pics of the gear... finding good reference shots of the vests and other items can be a pain.

Yeah no problem, I'll do it tonight when im working so I won't post em until tomorrow around this time, but ill do best i can taking some things off cuz our gear is loaded. Anything else you want me to focus on beside my interceptor?

Edited by Darkhomb

boots and kevlar would be nice as well.

and I'll get your name spelled right sometime in here :)

Edited by Vaaish

Can do, the only problem you might have with that though is that Marine Corps adapted to brown swade boots. no more black polished, i still have a pair but my stuff from my last post won't be shipped here for a couple more weeks.

but if you give me a sec ill try to see if i have any pictures... (I do but I don't have my computer yet) So I'll look on my server.

Can do, the only problem you might have with that though is that Marine Corps adapted to brown swade boots. no more black polished, i still have a pair but my stuff from my last post won't be shipped here for a couple more weeks.

but if you give me a sec ill try to see if i have any pictures... (I do but I don't have my computer yet) So I'll look on my server.

I read about the change to brown sude, but we can easily change color to green if we wanted... the big thing are the details that are visible on the boot itself.

yeah but i was just wondering if you were going to the black polished look... cuz these boots are not reflective at all.

post both type if its not too much trouble and we'll either design our own based on them or we will pick which looks best.

no detail at all, i'm looking for a cd of pictures, i have a couple picks on my server but they are smaller then that.

The brown boots you will get detailed and close up. I'll post tomorrow

Me_20blank3_1_.jpg

Edited by Darkhomb

thanks again. I think the suede ones will work best, and we can edit them to gloss black and just use the shapes in them.

Any chance of getting a tread pattern?

Any chance of getting a tread pattern?

Yeah I'll do that not, I took a ton of pictures so I'll put them up on my server to save space, i didnt think bout the tread... Ok I took a couple from a couple diffrent boots.. Keep in mind these boots are used so they are worn alittle.

My inconspicuous I have to wear when not on duty..  donno if it will help any but yeah... Also I noticed theres only 9 meg left, I'll see bout gettin you guys some space on my server to help out.

That is your limit, we have more than a Giga available. Stewart: Assign Darkhomb more space.

Greetings

Red Knight

That is your limit, we have more than a Giga available. Stewart: Assign Darkhomb more space.

Greetings

Red Knight

Yut! My server or yours, doesn't matter, I'll still try and keep the size down to conserve peoples bandwidth. Thank you

While I am here anything else you would like pictures of? CS canisters.. Clips, radios, shotguns, verious items that are on my interceptor vest? I took alot of pictures but I left everything on because it would take to long to take it off and back on. I'll just post everything and you can take it from there

I'll start with the kevlar... I even recorded a video of me walking around it to give you a 360 view if you want it. The kevlar itself is olive drab, roughish, I didn't take the cover off... but all kevlar are the same, the new digital covers are reversable, Woodland patten on one side, digital desert on the other, simple cover made of same martial as my cammies.

DSC00400.JPG

DSC00401.JPG

DSC00402.JPG

DSC00403.JPG

DSC00404.JPG

DSC00427.JPG

Ok, The interceptor vest. a type III balistic (type IIIa) with sappy plates. With nothing on looks pretty much like any vest you see. There are a million diffrent things you can add to customize it.

Theres 3 basic front flaps. 2 on the left one on the right. insures maximum protection and that its on secure. I opened them up so you can see how it is.

There is a throat protector That snaps on on both sides. The gas mask holder is attached from the top and wraps around your left leg. The m9 normally is just on but we have added an extender to place it on your leg and it snaps around your right leg.

The back contains a first aid kit in the middle and 2 CS canisters on each side.

Radio pouch on left. Camel pack internally in the back of the vest.

9 mm clips on the left side waist. Shotgun pouch on the right chest.

DSC00406.JPG

DSC00407.JPG

DSC00408.JPG

DSC00409.JPG

DSC00410.JPG

DSC00411.JPG

DSC00412.JPG

One pic shows how some of our gear is set up.

The other are 2 gas masks, The full view is what we use in the Department of State. and the other is what the Marine Corps uses. Its soo much easier with full view.

DSC00399.JPG

DSC00405.JPG

DSC00419.JPG

you don't happen to have any javelins handy you cold take a pic of in deployed position... or AT4's? I think the only other thing is the OICW or XM8, but I'm not sure you'd have any of those lying around.

Thats really all I can think of right now... all we need from modern day is:

Pistol

Assault Rifle

heavy Rifle

Smoke grenade

Frag Grenade

Rocket Launcher

C-4

Flare

basic armor

In that case just bring the entire armory over :P

Thanks for those pictures, they are trully helpfull... I will update using those pics soon...

Thanks againg...

I got alot to do today as its 4th of July so we got to go do the ceremony for the embassy. But tomorrow I'll give you detailed pics of the pistols and rifles.. We don't have an AT-4 here, I actually asked for one but the ambassador said no, :( But I can find you pics.

There are many diffrent versions of the XM8 and ofcourse I don't have one, they are still in testing though there are acouple units in the army that have them, the marine corps are just now getting m4's..

From left to right

Basic Infantry Config

Automatic Light Machine Gun

Sharpshooter (Parasniper)

Submachinegun

OICW

Breakdown

Lil more detailed XM8

xm8.jpg

xm8_ar.jpg

xm8_s.jpg

xm8_c.jpg

oicw.jpg

oicw2.jpg

XM8_fcr.jpg

you don't happen to have any javelins handy you cold take a pic of in deployed position... or AT4's? I think the only other thing is the OICW or XM8, but I'm not sure you'd have any of those lying around.

Thats really all I can think of right now... all we need from modern day is:

Pistol

Assault Rifle

heavy Rifle

Smoke grenade

Frag Grenade

Rocket Launcher

C-4

Flare

basic armor

I'm confused, so did you only want the pics of AT4 or would you also like pistol/rifle pics?