XCOMUFO & Xenocide

New Weapons

Dover

And if you can add sprites, you can add weapons (In theory), just imagine clubbing a sectopod with a lead pipe...

edit by Kratos: Split topic due to off-topic behavior (self included)

Edited by Kratos

• 2 months later...
Oooh! Good times! Does this mean you could have a Christopher Walken looking soldier? That would kick so much donkey.

And if you can add sprites, you can add weapons (In theory), just imagine clubbing a sectopod with a lead pipe...

Well if you want the images to look right, you'll have to use the original xcom color palette.

Edited by Kratos

well ... ...what do you mean?

:S

i dont understand what you mean with pallete...bur to Dover's post im just saying all 4 squared aliens r buggy,second if we are to make new sprites we would have to ditch aliens actually...since aliens and my aliens uses same sprites...got it?

Xcom has its own palette, color scheme which it only supports. I was commenting on the idea of implementing new items/weapons to the game, which images need to follow the Xcom palette, else the images in-game will look funky.

edit: This is going off topic (which I admit contributing to), therefore I am going to split this into another topic.

edit2: Done

Edited by Kratos

• 3 months later...
There are enough colors to "make" and "replace" just about any type of weapon you can think of(within reason of course) . The color palette is a little limited. For example, you really can't make a decent-looking revolver without a LOT of work, but I'm sure it can be done.