8 replies to this topic

#1 ATeX

ATeX

Sound Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 545 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 10:11 AM

Hi!

Yep, here it is. I told u guys before that I was going to make a technical sounding version this week. A lot of voices were added, even guitar :) (to bring out some voices that weren'nt that clear before. As this is version 0.1 there's still a lot to do(as usual :P) Well, can't say a lot more about this one, just listen to it and tell me what u think :wink:

Greets,

ATeX

MP3: ATeX & Whitewashed - Guitar Xenocide Break v0.1 - LAME VBR320

OGG: ATeX & Whitewashed - Guitar Xenocide Break v0.1 - VBR320

#2 Whitewashed

Whitewashed

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 10:33 AM

Sorry but I don't like techno :(

How did you get rid of the drums in my sample?

#3 ATeX

ATeX

Sound Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 545 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 10:57 AM

It's not techno :s I don't like real techno either. it's a style called breaks ;) more like the group Propellerheads

#4 ATeX

ATeX

Sound Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 545 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 11:09 AM

Ah yes, what I forgot to mention: I make about every style of music that can be made by one person. Music is my thing, and every style has it's qualities :wink: . I also needed a very long time to be able to find the way u've got listen to something, depending on it's style.
For example: hardcore rock: normally I woudn't like it, but if u listen to it the right way, it really kicks a.s.s. (u can't type the real word or it says "donkey" :blink: )! :D It just all depends on the way u listen to something.

Edited by ATeX, 13 January 2004 - 11:11 AM.

#5 ATeX

ATeX

Sound Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 545 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 01:45 PM

Ok, I made a second version of it. Just modified the sound and brought out the guitar in the climax so that is clear. I'll upload it this week ;)

#6 Whitewashed

Whitewashed

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 01:57 PM

I'd prefer if you worked on the orchestral version instead, this one at least doesn't fit into the mood of the game at all IMO.

#7 mikker

mikker

Artwork Department

• Xenocide Artwork Department
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 02:32 PM

yeah. I agree. Orchestrial music would be better.

Some people say that dreams are a portal to the subconscious. If that is so, I am a very disturbed person.

the truth about scientology

#8 Raven Squad

Raven Squad

Sound Department

• Xenocide Sound Department
  • 326 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 12:12 AM

Out off tune is imo bigger issue here than it was in orchestral version. When u get new guitar sample that is in tune, this will be quite nice.
Yep, thats me who is posting here...

#9 ATeX

ATeX

Sound Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 545 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 06:02 AM

Yep, orchestral fits better, I know. But, like I already said, u guys know it -> no HD, no orchestral. I'll try to fix something next week. :wink:

The break version is almost finished. :D I'll instantly name it v1.0 the next version because there isn't that much to work on anymore.

Maybe it's still a good bonus song or so, for the ones who love the style :rolleyes: